This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    I meant pain as in "pain in the ass" not "painful. Your eyebrows should already have a shape to them, once you start pulling the misc hairs out, the shape should start to show itself. What are you wondering about besides the arch and start/end points? Thats basically all there is to it from what I know.
    Oh, I like threading because I can get more than one hair at a time. It lets me get more of them before I lose the ability to focus on something that close. And I'm worried about how to shape them. I'm convinced that they're uneven. And I don't want them to be too thin. It doesn't help that they're no where near symmetrical to begin with. I tell you, I have essentially a cowlick at the end of my left eyebrow. Nothing of the sort at my right. And the basic shape (I think) is slightly different.

Comment

im back to recommending a salon. maybe one that has a threader? They could probably get you a shape you like and it helps they see your face differently than you do
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

But... salons are scary (and expensive). It's more that I feel guilty every time I go, because I am a horrible customer to have at a salon. Imagine this conversation, in real time, with me freaking out at you . And you're wondering why I bothered to come at all. Or I am very good and quiet and do whatever you suggest, and come out looking awful.

Comment

can you just calmly tell them what you want instead of freaking? hair stylists deal with more difficult people than you every day, just tip according to you difficulty. It can be a one time purchase since you do your own threading. Just have them do the shaping, then keep up with it as new hair grows in. Or do it yourself for free and use trial and error :P
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            can you just calmly tell them what you want instead of freaking?
            Not really. And I agree with Jackdaw that it's not really fair to him to make him come and tell people what I need. I've been able to make my first request with only a few problems, but they keep asking "is this ok". Which is futile, because I just smile and nod anyhow. Unfortunately the people who communicate well with my (go into a lot of detail in generic technical language, don't necessarily expect me to understand anything) generally don't go into salons, because it's not a helpful mindset in that environment - you need to look at the big picture.

Comment

Working...
            X