To me... the DoorDash commercial with Snoop implies that he spends his free time and money on throwing parties for family and friends.
The DoorDash commercial with Katy Perry implies she lives in a plastic fantasy world where she needs people to dress up like food to dance with her.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Random Thoughts
Collapse
X
-
But it is magic. As in: “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” Arthur C. Clarke 1962Quoth Nunavut Pants View PostNot magic, just some 3d geometry and chroma-key.
Leave a comment:
-
I know someone who used to work for the company that did those.
They know the camera locations to a very very precise spot, and can calculate instantaneous fields-of-view very quickly. That's how they know where to put the lines. Having the lines obscured by the players instead of having the line go on top of them is done by a chroma-key process (like green-screen) that is not as "picky" in what it replaces.
Not magic, just some 3d geometry and chroma-key.
Leave a comment:
-
I wonder how they do the 'lines of scrimmage' graphic that comes up in football games... the line where the ball is and the line the ball has to cross so the team can get another 1st down. They fade in before the play, they move with the cameras, and when a player crosses over the line it's blocked but still 'visible' on the field. I wonder if there's sensors in the line markers on the sidelines that beam a signal across the field that the computers in the production truck pick up.
I know that in MLB the ads behind the batters are just green-screens and the ads are thrown in by computer.
I also wonder what else on 'live TV' is computer generated...
Leave a comment:
-
I can't believe I get more respect at work than I do at home. People in the office didn't touch or move my belongings. It's a big No-No to do that. At home stuff gets taken out of its holding place and just left somewhere. Or it gets moved where I can't find it. No one ever consults me.
Leave a comment:
-
No Matter How you arrange your staff, it will never make up for the fact that you have to few people for to much work.
Leave a comment:
-
Ok, the first one I get (Darkwing Duck, yea?) but the second one eludes me.Quoth Ceir View PostAt a high level, the concept for Talespin was pretty wild for a Disney cartoon back in the day. "Let's take the main animal characters from The Jungle Book, anthropomorphize them, and put them in a vaguely 1950s dieselpunk AU". Kind of out there, even compared to some of its contemporaries like "Batman But A Duck" and "Petrified Scottish Mythology Wakes Up In New York".
Leave a comment:
-
At a high level, the concept for Talespin was pretty wild for a Disney cartoon back in the day. "Let's take the main animal characters from The Jungle Book, anthropomorphize them, and put them in a vaguely 1950s dieselpunk AU". Kind of out there, even compared to some of its contemporaries like "Batman But A Duck" and "Petrified Scottish Mythology Wakes Up In New York".
Leave a comment:
-
Probably on day 2.Quoth Ceir View PostWhen, in the General Language of Video Games, did "consumable" - as in when describing an item or ability - come to mean "hoard hoard hoard hoard NEVER EVER USE even if you have 100 of them"?
Leave a comment:
-
When, in the General Language of Video Games, did "consumable" - as in when describing an item or ability - come to mean "hoard hoard hoard hoard NEVER EVER USE even if you have 100 of them"?
Leave a comment:


I don't think I'd stop you.
Leave a comment: