No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This damn delivery is almost an hour late. I'll bring it back on it bus the time after next. I've already been offered free delivery from customer service because of the delay. It might be something to do with me being polite to the woman on the phone too - who knew?
    "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

• Quoth Magic And Pancakes View Post
      I think the so-called "wizard" of Oz was just a massive troll. He comes blowing into Oz from a directionally challenged air balloon, makes the gullible populace believe that he is in fact a wizard and has a massive disembodied head that yells at people and scares the crap out of them. I think he was just doing it for the lulz.
      Not only that but if you read the Wicked series he was a right ol ass too. What with the destruction of talking animals and the murder of others.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Question: It's 26 degrees (F) outside. What should you wear to the grocery store?
        Answer: If you're this woman I saw today, it's "T-shirt, short-shorts, and Uggs."

WTF?
        Uggh, I'm ashamed to admit I own a pair of Uggs.

You laugh now, but they're the only footwear I can wear outside when it's minus 20 degrees outside.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Uggh, I'm ashamed to admit I own a pair of Uggs.

You laugh now, but they're the only footwear I can wear outside when it's minus 20 degrees outside.
          They do look warm and comfortable.

I just couldn't help laughing at the rest of the girl's outfit. Even the cashiers in the store were kind of rolling their eyes (not where she could see them though).
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• My cousin posted this thing on Facebook: "My body is so amazing because at one time it had 2 heads, 4 arms, 4 legs, 2 hearts" etc. It ends of course with "I am a Mom."

I really want to reply, "Or someone who had a fully-formed parasitic twin."

But I'm holding my tongue on Facebook. Here I can be as evil as I like.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I wonder if there is a position as a Shabbes Goy to preread the internet for the Orthodox...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• There's a telethon on TV as I type this.

Instead of having people broadcasting from the studio live, they're playign concert footage from acts that were already broadcast on TV, from shows that didn't happen in that city.

I miss the old days of the telethon, where a handful of volunteers would sit up all night by the phones while acts (big and small) would come on and perform live. To me, that showed a dedication to the cause. Now, it just feels like... laziness? "Here's a movie that we downloaded, watch it and send us money please."
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• My dear sweet sister-in-law posted a picture of her teenage son playing a trombone (which he just started) with the tag "yeah, he's a natural at this instrument too."

I haven't tagged it with "Here's M. playing his bone!"

Yet...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Not only am I weird, but I am an amazingly persistent troll with people I like.

I'm pretty sure that posting a train of thought post here would get me murdered. Not because you hated me, but because you would think it would make the world a less awful place
                    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                    "What IS fun to fight through?"
                    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

• I've had so much blood taken from me, coupled with being diabetic and a slow healer, that people are going to think I am a junky. My arms are developing needle tracks from all the poking and prodding the doctors have done to me. And I STILL have them scratching their head wondering how I've gotten so 'lucky' to have all the problems I have at 39 years old.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Why do sloths always appear to be smirking at me in pictures? What do they know that I don't?

Comment

• Went to bed just past midnight. It's 6:30 a.m., I'm awake, and don't know if I can get back to sleep.
                          *sigh*
                          So of course I'm on the Interwebz.

Comment

• trying to get the energy to finish doing my yard. cut the grass yesterday. now it's time to use the whipper snipper. Starting the thing seems daunting. a 10 step starting procedure. turn the choke, press the priming bulb 10 times, play with the choke again, switch on the starter and on and on. I get the feeling i'm going to be playing with this all afternoon.
                            Last edited by dawnfire; 03-04-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Oh shit the cops are all over the street and also in my backyard looking for somebody that I think broke in the neighbors' house....
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I've seen a lot of Takashi Miike movies, and I have never had to look away from any of these screwed-up things he put onscreen, until I saw Hara Kiri tonight. I wish I could have covered my ears too but my hands were busy shielding my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X