No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gee people will complain about everything. A woman's complaining on FB about the bread from the bakery being warm at 9:30am. first world problems

Comment

• Who the fuck DISlikes warm bread?!

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        Who the fuck DISlikes warm bread?!
        Some poor schmucker raised on spray-painted styrofoam... aka wundabred... has to be toasted 'cause it was never baked.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I think she thought the bakery was slacking off with the first bake of the day only coming out of the oven shortly before she arrived. It never crossed her mind it could have been the second, third or even forth bake of the day. Sunday is a busy day that bakery as the other bakery in my two horse town is closed.

Comment

• Quoth dawnfire View Post
            I think she thought the bakery was slacking off with the first bake of the day only coming out of the oven shortly before she arrived. It never crossed her mind it could have been the second, third or even forth bake of the day. Sunday is a busy day that bakery as the other bakery in my two horse town is closed.
            But she would still get the benefit of her bread being freshly baked, so there's still no reason for her to bitch about it. Unless, of course, she's one of those people who's only happy when she has something to complain about....nah, couldn't be...
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• One of these days I should mention why I'm afraid to dream.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Why does a product that's supposed to eliminate odors contain an odor (fragrance)?
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Because that's how they eliminate the odor.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth Kristev View Post
                      Because that's how they eliminate the odor.
                      Eliminating an odor by adding one...? Eh, it all smells like chemicals to me. I'm one of those weird people who doesn't mind the summer-garbage-truck smell, maybe because I'm used to it.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                        Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
                        Because many people will look at something but don't actually see it. For example, SC's looking at signs and not seeing them.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                          Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
                          But "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing. It's enough to give someone both an anxiety attack and indigestion (we've got a few pharmacists on the board - they'd be able to tell you why the last bit's relevant).
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            Why does a product that's supposed to eliminate odors contain an odor (fragrance)?
                            Quoth Kristev View Post
                            Because that's how they eliminate the odor.
                            A lot of odor cleaning products just mask the odor rather than do anything to break it down. Which as someone who is scent sensitive (triggers asthma attacks) is a special level of hell when dealing with people who just don't get it.

On the flip side, there are a few scents that I've found I like, only bother the asthma a little bit, and will drive others absolutely nuts.

Comment

• Oooohhh.... anything specific?
                              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• The future of Dragon Ball Super relies on a 79 year old Japanese woman not kicking the bucket anytime soon.

(Goku's been voiced in the Japanese anime by the same little old lady for the last 30 years)
                                Last edited by Tama; 09-14-2016, 05:20 PM.
                                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                                X