No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've noticed that my belly button itches when I'm stressed out.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• My kid's teacher wants him to read more challenging books. The problem is, he reads at a 6th-grade level, so she wants him to read books meant for junior high kids.

He's 7. Books for kids of 11-12-13 are WAY different than 2nd grade books, and most are not appropriate.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        ... He's 7. Books for kids of 11-12-13 are WAY different than 2nd grade books, and most are not appropriate.
        Try 50-100 year old books?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• My stomach has been a total bitch lately
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Sunrise! (10:45 local time)

(There's a mountain to the SE blocking the first 50-60° of the sun's slanting path)
            Last edited by dalesys; 01-06-2017, 04:52 PM. Reason: tilted it

Comment

• Suddenly colored in eyebrows are really freaking me out.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• I'm not sure if mo bhrionglóid is sending me a lot of signs today, or if it's just wishful thinking on my part.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• The 7 year old is reading Harry Potter and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Wimpy Kid is SO FUNNY, but then I think Captain Underpants is hilarious so take that as you will.
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                    The 7 year old is reading Harry Potter and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Wimpy Kid is SO FUNNY, but then I think Captain Underpants is hilarious so take that as you will.
                    My kiddo loves both Captain Underpants AND Wimpy Kid.

C.U. is hilarious...and Wimpy Kid is funny, too!
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• If things are "off the charts", shouldn't the charts be changed??

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                        If things are "off the charts", shouldn't the charts be changed??
                        It's off the charts? Remember that if it's not on the charts, it's not on Sock Hop. Cookies for reference.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Oy, that is old!!! Older than me, and I'm damn near ancient!!
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• I don't care if it's a silk sock, it ain't wrapping *my* hopper!

Comment

• Not as old as you might think - although it was inspired by the '50s, it was from the '70s.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• You know, the first word in "condominium" is Condom.

Comment

Working...
                                X