No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever notice that "Sales and Marketing" is often abbreviated "S&M"?

Can't be a coincidence.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
      Anybody ever notice that "Sales and Marketing" is often abbreviated "S&M"?

Can't be a coincidence.
      Also, Supervisors & Managers.

Makes you think.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Also, Supervisors & Managers.

Makes you think.
        Database operations: "Create, Read, Update, Delete"...CRUD.

Comment

• The first time I heard that one was in a job interview. "We mostly write CRUD code," said the interviewer. I must have looked blank, because he clarified "create, read, update, delete".

"Oh, I was wondering--I mean, a lot of places do write cruddy code, but very few will admit to it!"

For some reason, I didn't get that job...
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• A new restaurant here is advertising a "vegan lobster roll". Something about that phrase just doesn't sound right.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• A week ago, if you'd told me I would be waiting on tenterhooks for the next episode of a TV show based on Archie comics, I would have laughed my butt off.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                A new restaurant here is advertising a "vegan lobster roll". Something about that phrase just doesn't sound right.
                It's not right. Lobsters like to eat crabs, clams, mussels, starfish, smaller fish, and sometimes even other lobsters. So they are not vegans.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• So if men can have "TDS" (Tiny D*** Syndrome), is there a female equivalent??

Comment

• Khan (#1 Son): Mal (#2 Son), I'm going to put on my shirt now so don't get scared if you see me partially without a head."

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                      So if men can have "TDS" (Tiny D*** Syndrome), is there a female equivalent??
                      TTS*? As experienced by members of the IBTC**?

* Tiny Tits Syndrome
                      ** Itty Bitty Titty Committee
                      Highlight for the obvious meanings.

Surely there must be an explanation for all those tiny women driving monster SUVs.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Sometimes you get mad at your dentist for getting you in with no waiting because then you didn't have time to read your book.

Comment

• It'd be nice if someone would tell me that they used the debit card....that transaction took three days to process which means I can't make a rent payment until Monday (and it's already late) I can't cover your shortfalls.

Comment

• Figures; 20 degrees outside and the heat isn't on. We were told that the sensor is in one of the upstairs apartments...why doesn't each unit have a thermostat? (we have a small battery-operated one in the living room, but I don't think it's working correctly) Yet when the outdoor temp is above 50 occasionally the heat's blasting

Heat is included in the lease...would be nice if it (and the hot water) worked as advertised when it gets cold enough to need them.

Comment

• I HAVE a valid login for the major newspaper. Why am I being paywalled "we hope you enjoyed your 5 free articles" when I can see on the screen that I am logged in?

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                                It'd be nice if someone would tell me that they used the debit card....that transaction took three days to process which means I can't make a rent payment until Monday (and it's already late) I can't cover your shortfalls.
                                I would take that persons card away but i would kill someone if i couldn't pay rent on time its 75 dollars if its late and i don't have that money laying around. Im not sure why you have to wait tho my card allows me to use it as long as the funds are there everything shows pending unless its apple then it takes forever and a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X