No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to wait because I didn't find this out until Saturday long after the bank had closed and any transfers would not show until Monday; occasionally a rent charge will be shoved through immediately (hitting before any credits) and I wanted to be absolutely sure there was enough to cover it. If there wasn't, I'd be expected to cover the overdraft whether I can or not (typically not).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• My Dad passed away Sunday (I am doing fine, actually, thanks) and we had to bring his cat home with us. Our cat is historically hostile to other cats, so I was surprised that she never really approached the bathroom where he is confined for the moment.

Maybe her sense of smell just doesn't work because I opened the door today and blocked it with a baby gate so they could see each other.

The Hissing. It has begun.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• You know the season is changing (regardless of the actual outside temperature) when my favourite restaurant has pork schnitzel on the menu ... and I order a Thai Crunch salad.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• People are seeing Beauty and the Beast and I'm like, "Why are they going to see a pointless remake of a perfectly good animated movie?"

Of course, in couple weeks I am going to see a pointless remake of a perfectly good animated movie, and it will probably suck.

Hypocrisy at its finest, that's me.

Comment

• I just realized I have spent WAY too much time in airports...
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              People are seeing Beauty and the Beast and I'm like, "Why are they going to see a pointless remake of a perfectly good animated movie?"
              Yeah, I'm kinda like "can't we have some originality please?" So many remakes, and why are people so excited for things to be live action? Part of the fun of these movies is their animation. Yes, I thought the same with Alice in Wonderland.

My random thought: Okay, I keep seeing people I know while at stores and such. THIS IS WHY I MOVED FROM MY HOME TOWN. I thought I would be safe considering my home town is less than 10k, and my current town is over 80k. But noooo, I see people I know and have to talk to them and I just hate it. I like my social interactions to be scheduled in advance thank you very much.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• How come most liquid medications and flavorings have a crapboard gasket under the lid that either disintegrates or detaches from the lid the second or third time you open the bottle?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  Of course, in couple weeks I am going to see a pointless remake of a perfectly good animated movie, and it will probably suck.
                  My curiosity inspires me to ask which movie this is?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Ghost in the Shell. I am going to see it, and I will hate it, and I will hate myself for seeing it, and I know all this and will see it anyway because I am a huge Ghost in the Shell fan. Which is also why I will hate it.

Comment

• I'm just going to quit playing D&D altogether if we keep having to stop after only a few sessions. This has happened 2 times now and it looks like soon it'll be a third.

I just want to finish a campaign without having to abandon someone I've grown to care for. Is that too much to ask?
                      Last edited by Tama; 03-28-2017, 10:41 PM.
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• My husband is applying for a job with Elon Musk's new company that will be developing man-machine interfaces. He knows it's a long shot (who doesn't want to work for Elon Musk?) but he's super excited about the prospect. I told him maybe someday Musk will give employee discounts for space travel!

Comment

• I only recently saw the fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Just now, I was thinking that the mermaid is a manic pixie dream girl who was primarily there to save the priest from himself.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Well, hopefully that is the end of car repairs/maintenance for quite some time ... a total of nearly $1,200 worth of work (4 new tires and then a separate appointment for additional work *sigh*).

And outside the wind is rising and the temperature is dropping. Ugh.

As for live-action remakes, I would go see Beauty and the Beast only because of Emma Watson (me being a huge Harry Potter fan and all ...) in much the same way I will go see the next Star Trek movie (although admittedly it is NOT a remake) only because Jason Isaacs is in it.

Is that a variant of 'name-dropping'?
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I have put almost 3k of work in my car new fan one went one new spark plugs the fuel filter cleaned and my struts replaced 4 new tires and my rotors still need to be done.

Comment

• 3k -- oh man.

Mine was the serpentine belt along with a couple of other things which I can't remember off the top of my head.

If any more major issues come up with my car, I seriously don't know what I'll do. Both my jobs are very low-paying, and when I got the second one I made a list of fairly high-cost things needing to be done. My car shoved its way to the top of the list. But I'm hoping now it will trundle around like a good little vehicle and let me get at the remainder of the list.
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X