No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I suddenly seeing clumps of what looks like human hair (dreadlocks) all over the place (locker room, streets, etc)? That's just friggin' nasty.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
      Is it Thanksgiving yet, Daddy? There's a good sized hen turkey sneaking around the yard...
      We have a flock hanging out near our building and I saw a huge tom in a friend's yard last night...while they're not protected, even animal control doesn't want to have anything to do with them. I'm pretty sure you could use a bow/slingshot, just no discharging guns within town limits and you have to be sure it's a one-hit kill else you'll get chased down.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• What's funny is that the ones around here seem to disappear right around November 1st, and they don't come back until after the new year... Maybe they've learned something??
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          Why am I suddenly seeing clumps of what looks like human hair (dreadlocks) all over the place (locker room, streets, etc)? That's just friggin' nasty.
          I see drifts of hair all over the floor in the tea store. *gag* After a few years of this, I see customers idly winding hair around their fingers and I want to slap them. Or duct-tape their hands behind their backs.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            We have a flock hanging out near our building and I saw a huge tom in a friend's yard last night...while they're not protected, even animal control doesn't want to have anything to do with them. I'm pretty sure you could use a bow/slingshot, just no discharging guns within town limits and you have to be sure it's a one-hit kill else you'll get chased down.
            Turkey season started today up here....just sayin'
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I've noticed waaaay fewer bugs in my house ever since I enacted my policy of mercy for spiders. Thanks guys!
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I swear, EVERY lightbulb in this house has decided to go to Light Bulb Heaven at once!!
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                  I swear, EVERY lightbulb in this house has decided to go to Light Bulb Heaven at once!!
                  You forgot to pay the electrics bill?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Could you imagine if everything at McDonald's started with "Mc"?

You'd have things like "McBathroom", "McFloor", "McChairs", "McTable", "McDrive Thru", "McEmployee", "McCustomer" and so forth...
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                      Could you imagine if everything at McDonald's started with "Mc"?

You'd have things like "McBathroom", "McFloor", "McChairs", "McTable", "McDrive Thru", "McEmployee", "McCustomer" and so forth...
                      That was a comic strip that referred to them as McFeedbag. That's always been my favorite. I understand some locations offer McBeer.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Just once I'd like to see something Arthurian that doesn't end with Mordred being the one to kill Arthur.

Why not have Arthur sacrifice himself for Mordred? Die in saving his life? The situation would be satisfied.

The Merlin series had me angry over this. Give me a story where Morgana/Morgan/Morgaine/whatever her name is this week isn't evil and neither is Mordred at the time of Arthur's death.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Dear Derby sportscasters who are not from Louisville:

STOP SAYING LOO-EE-VILLE.

It's grating. Not to mention WRONG.
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                            Could you imagine if everything at McDonald's started with "Mc"?

Heh, I had a "B.C." comic strip once which kinda went like this:

first guy: Oh McNo!
                            2nd guy: What McHappened?
                            first guy: I dropped the McEggs!
                            2nd guy: You're McFired!

(don't recall which characters were in it)
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I was in the oldest KFC* with my dad today and and one of the Colonelisms they had on the wall was "Never fire the cook on Friday night."

*Harman's KFC, 39th S State St, Murray UT Aug 4, 1952. I know I went there in 1960, possibly in 1957.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                                Heh, I had a "B.C." comic strip once which kinda went like this:

first guy: Oh McNo!
                                2nd guy: What McHappened?
                                first guy: I dropped the McEggs!
                                2nd guy: You're McFired!

(don't recall which characters were in it)
                                In some more rural areas, some people don't even say "Mc" (where it sounds more like "Mick", like it's supposed to). They say "Mac", as in MacDonalds.

And the Mc thing doesn't work as well with verbs. I think it's funnier with nouns.
                                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                                X