No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read some words on endurance by James Baldwin. I needed to see them today, I think. I've been ramming my head against this wall for so long, it's good to know the greats suffered the same things we do.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Another video on YouTube: this one appears to be one of a series by a couple who go wandering through abandoned buildings.

Title of this video: "Abandoned House - Older man died, leaving EVERYTHING behind"

Um ... isn't that how it usually goes? Do they know anybody who's managed to take everything with them?
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Husband bought a new pink shirt (it looks nice). He asked how it looked on him. I told him he looked like Vegeta from Dragonball Z after he stopped being evil. He said he'll take it.

Comment

• Have another "scary" video on as background noise. Demons from Hell have invaded the house. One girl is standing in the kitchen screaming and clutching a jumbo bottle of wine and a half-filled wineglass.

I suppose that's as good a reason to drink as any ...
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I've read two chapters of The Stand and suddenly everywhere I go there's a bunch of people coughing.

Comment

• I'm leaving my bandanna in my bike basket. G'wan an' steal it, I dare ya! (that's not water)

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
                I'm leaving my bandanna in my bike basket. G'wan an' steal it, I dare ya! (that's not water)
                I'd be a lot more worried if you'd said, "... not Mountain Dew)"
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• If this stupid gizmo I'm seeing on TV is celebrating their "20 year anniversary", why have I never heard of it until a month ago?
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• You know what's annoying? When someone says they don't like a certain food, but they state something about the food as the reason why. That's not clear. For example!

"I don't like mushrooms. I don't eat fungus."

Well, good for freaking you. You can say crap like that about pretty much anything. It's basically insulting anyone who does eat mushrooms (or whatever) but in a snide way. Get over yourself. People like and dislike different things, and if you're going to try to imply that you're better than me because you don't eat something, you can just STFU.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      People like and dislike different things, and if you're going to try to imply that you're better than me because you don't eat something, you can just STFU.
                      Amen to that. There is a reason they make three flavors of ice cream. People don't always like the same thing.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Read a silly article where a psychologist diagnoses the Game of Thrones characters. My boy has PTSD. SURPRISE.

Comment

• Watching an episode of "A Haunting" titled "The Dark Forest." It includes a century-old farmhouse with a storage room ... under the staircase.

You'll never guess what my first reaction was ...
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            You know what's annoying? When someone says they don't like a certain food, but they state something about the food as the reason why. That's not clear. For example!

"I don't like mushrooms. I don't eat fungus."

Well, good for freaking you. You can say crap like that about pretty much anything. It's basically insulting anyone who does eat mushrooms (or whatever) but in a snide way. Get over yourself. People like and dislike different things, and if you're going to try to imply that you're better than me because you don't eat something, you can just STFU.
                            That's not much different than the whackjob "Meat is murder!!" people. I'll stop there before I get into Fratching territory.
                            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Hey they might not be whackjobs.just because they prefer that to The Queen Is Dead
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I guess my point is you can say something negative about pretty much any food, but why bother? Just to make yourself feel good and someone else feel bad. And for some reason this behavior seems to be allowed, and nobody calls them on it.

For the record, I did have someone say that exact thing about fungus and I replied, "well, I love fungus." And the conversation changed, but I got a look. Why should I get a disapproving look, but the person who started it didn't? I don't think my tone was snarky, it was cheerful. (though I could be wrong, but hers was way more snarky)
                                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                                X