No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a thread on reddit about things poor people do that other people don't know about. One person said they go to the discount bread store.

...the discount bread store was one of my favorite places as a kid. It smelled amazing. I got super excited when we moved here because we passed a discount bread store in a neighboring town but it turned out to be closed, they just hadn't taken the sign down yet. I don't see why everyone just doesn't go to the discount bread store if they can, regardless of their economic status.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      *snip* I don't see why everyone just doesn't go to the discount bread store if they can, regardless of their economic status.
      Not sure whether we even have on in My Hometown, but if we do, and I find it, I will happily go to it.

I think part of the problem is people are just so used to "one-stop shopping" that they are no longer willing to travel from one locally-owned store to another to get their stuff.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Oh we used to have one of those! I assume it's closed now, I haven't even thought of it in years. It was in a nearby suburb, though, and wasn't that easy to get to without a car.

Wonder if there's another around...? I'll have to search.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Yeah, we used to go to the discount bread store and it was amazing. But to be honest I don't buy enough bread to justify a special trip just for one or two things. Plus I don't have a crazy amount of time, so that's another issue.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            Yeah, we used to go to the discount bread store and it was amazing. But to be honest I don't buy enough bread to justify a special trip just for one or two things. Plus I don't have a crazy amount of time, so that's another issue.
            I no longer buy much bread either. If I want bread-type stuff, I usually buy a couple of small rolls (whole wheat, herb, and so on) for small sandwiches.

Just saw a link on my FB page to a site that shows you, among other things, "how to fold a fitted sheet PERFECTLY!"

Have to admit my reaction was "And I would care about this because why ... ?"
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
              Just saw a link on my FB page to a site that shows you, among other things, "how to fold a fitted sheet PERFECTLY!"

Have to admit my reaction was "And I would care about this because why ... ?"
              Most people just either kinda-sorta fold them as best they can, or just ball them up. Some people fold socks and underwear, so it would make sense people would want to know how to fold a fitted sheet. I would assume it kinda takes up less space that way, too.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• A folded sheet does take up less space. I have no problem folding them, but I've been doing it for 50 years.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  A folded sheet does take up less space. I have no problem folding them, but I've been doing it for 50 years.
                  I actually own one of those tri-fold clothes folders. I bought one after I saw Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory using one on t-shirts...

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                    I saw that video too. My mother taught me how to do that 48 years ago. Also... AMATEUR! I don't have to lay it down.
                    Last edited by csquared; 08-07-2017, 11:56 PM.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• As a kid I paged through the Sears catalog and marked everything I wanted (and rarely got). Now I page through the Ikea catalog and Mark everything I want (and rarely get).
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Since I don't Facebook I'm not sure what video it is, but I have watched a video on how to fold a fitted sheet. I don't fold them PERFECTLY in any way shape or form, but I can fold them smaller and they fit on the shelf better, which is important because I don't have a huge amount of space.

You know what I don't do, and never have in my life? Make my bed each morning. I'm not talking about changing sheets, obviously. When I was little, other kids did this each morning as a chore or something. My mom thought it was a waste of time, and so do I. In fact, I sort of pull the bedding down it airs out. Anyway, that's a task I've never understood. (waits for everyone to explain why they make the bed )
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          (waits for everyone to explain why they make the bed )
                          I like the way it looks. But then I am an engineer and like things to be neat.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Roomie called me away from my computer around 7 this morning. She said, "There's an alligator in the swimming pool"

Gator? Utah? Hausmeister has a 2 foot plastic alligator, maybe she wants me to fish it out...

It was a 10 inch long salamander! So I moved it to one of our little ponds.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• "Candy Crush is the most popular game in bathrooms." -- my kiddo.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                                As a kid I paged through the Sears catalog and marked everything I wanted (and rarely got). Now I page through the Ikea catalog and Mark everything I want (and rarely get).
                                I hear ya.

As far as folded sheets are concerned, I fold them as best I can, but I have to say it's not a particularly big deal for me. Flat sheets -- those I can fold quickly and neatly, and do so.
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X