No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does cat litter need "grain and corn free" on the bag?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• It's the Nerd World Series, aka the DOTA 2 International Championships. Every night, hours of Twitch streaming. I just learned the players have to play matches with only a few minutes in between. Their butts must be numb.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        Why does cat litter need "grain and corn free" on the bag?
        Because some eedjit would try to record a Three Stooges show with it and sue because there was no image and no sound.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• The calculator in my new job makes no sense to me. %#$&Q#%& accounting calculators!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Seriously Ash, it has been 20 years now and you still can't recognize Team Rocket in disguise. They are two people with pink and purple hair and one who is two feet tall. Does this never raise your suspicions just a little?!

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              *snip*

You know what I don't do, and never have in my life? Make my bed each morning. I'm not talking about changing sheets, obviously. When I was little, other kids did this each morning as a chore or something. My mom thought it was a waste of time, and so do I. In fact, I sort of pull the bedding down it airs out. Anyway, that's a task I've never understood. (waits for everyone to explain why they make the bed )
              My mom was big on making your bed every morning ... as was her mother ... I think for the fact it looked tidy (Mom's mother came from a culture where worry about "What will people THINK!!" was drummed into her head from birth). However, I stopped making my bed shortly after I started using a down comforter, since all you had to do to make the bed look "neat" was pull the comforter up and straighten IT out.

The comforter is long gone but I have never gone back to making the bed. In fact, I do what you do: pull the bedclothes away from the mattress to let everything air out a little.

Although this technique does mean I often have to brush kitty litter off it before I go to bed each night, since at least one of my cats just loves to lie on the bed and of course they do trail litter around on their paws ...
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                My mom was big on making your bed every morning ... as was her mother ... I think for the fact it looked tidy (Mom's mother came from a culture where worry about "What will people THINK!!" was drummed into her head from birth). However, I stopped making my bed shortly after I started using a down comforter, since all you had to do to make the bed look "neat" was pull the comforter up and straighten IT out.

The comforter is long gone but I have never gone back to making the bed. In fact, I do what you do: pull the bedclothes away from the mattress to let everything air out a little.

Although this technique does mean I often have to brush kitty litter off it before I go to bed each night, since at least one of my cats just loves to lie on the bed and of course they do trail litter around on their paws ...
                I rarely made my bed in the mornings (apart from the 3 years at boarding school where you HAD to unless you wanted to get your whole dorm into trouble) but a few years back some lovely quilting friends made me a beautiful patchwork quilt which has pride of place on my bed - so I love making my bed now just to be able to see the total gorgeousness every morning :-)

Comment

• That is definitely incentive! I have some nice blankets but none make me want to show them off.
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I'm sure there's a reason the guy in the room opposite the close from me was planing the doors of his wardrobe. At 2.30 am. In the nude. It just eludes me right now.....
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Kit, we had a tenant like that...the apartment above us was cursed for some years to harbor specimens that even I found too weird for words (and that's saying something).

Somewhere at my dad's I have a stunning Pendleton blanket; I should retrieve it to use here during the winter. I hope it hasn't been damaged by mothy things or other critters...but there's a possibility we have moths here

Mom decided at the second-to-last episode that she wants to try to understand Orphan Black...I told her to binge it on Amazon Prime (which is what I did after missing most of seasons 2 and 3...then after catching up I missed most of season 5). I think she got bored/thoroughly confused halfway through season one. She does this, drops a show because it's not neatly wrapped up like her Brit mysteries and then later when she learns I'm into it wants to catch up on five seasons in ten minutes or less.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        I'm sure there's a reason the guy in the room opposite the close from me was planing the doors of his wardrobe. At 2.30 am. In the nude. It just eludes me right now.....
                        No photos? No YouTube videos??

I'm going through my books and trying to read them FAST and then jettison a fair number (to the local library). Debating whether to keep a paperback Roget's Thesaurus, just out of nostalgia ...
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• The aftermath of dental anaesthesia on a 13+ year-old cat is...distressing, to tell the truth.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                            The aftermath of dental anaesthesia on a 13+ year-old cat is...distressing, to tell the truth.
                            Oh dear ... Hope kitty makes a total and quick recovery.

I have a middle-aged cat (not 13, not yet) who needs dental work. ATM I just don't have $800 to cover the cost, but when I do ... poor baby does need it done.
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Weaselwise View Post
                              .... some lovely quilting friends made me a beautiful patchwork quilt...
                              That would be a clarion call to any felines: HAIRBALLS GO HERE!!!
                              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Hope kitty makes a total and quick recovery.
                                He's fine now, thanks. He was staggering around, listing to one side, his legs randomly folding up under him, and when I went to pick him up he flipped out and struggled to get away, which led to more falling. The vet said he might be a little woozy but I wasn't expecting that. It was upsetting.

This is the cat we inherited a few months ago after my dad died. We're his fourth owners (I swore to him that the only way he's leaving us is in a box. No animal should be passed around like that), and apparently none of the previous ones ever bothered to have his teeth cleaned. He had four teeth removed because they were so badly broken the root was exposed. $400. It sounds horrible but I'm glad we got Dad's life insurance, because otherwise that would be $400 we don't have.

Comment

Working...
                                X