No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I partially stripped my bed today so I could launder the bed linens.

I didn't get around to doing the laundry.

Now, at 11:30 p.m., I get to put my bed back together ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      I am continuously tickled by the fact that the Pokemon Sun/Moon version of Dugtrio has beautiful golden hair.
      Couldn't you tell that it's meant to be Fabio and his twin brothers?
      Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

• Heard an interview with John le Carre on NPR. 'Write what you know' works really well when you used to be a SPY.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Heard an interview with John le Carre on NPR. 'Write what you know' works really well when you used to be a SPY.
          I haven't read a lot of his work but this is one of my favourite quotes:

And now and then frightful scandals broke, usually when one or other of this company of clowns literally forgot which side he was working for, or made a tearful confession in his cups, or shot his mistress or his boyfriend or himself, or popped up drunk on the other side of the Curtain to declare his loyalty to whomever he had not been loyal to so far. I never in my life knew such an intelligence bordello.
          ~From The Secret Pilgrim, by John Le Carré

Also, I started my job in the law office today ... and I'm pretty sure I'm working in the only office in the Western Hemisphere that doesn't have a microwave ...
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Heard an interview with John le Carre on NPR. 'Write what you know' works really well when you used to be a SPY.
            Heh. Right up there with Sir Christopher Lee telling Peter Jackson, while blocking out the scene where Wormtongue stabs Saruman in the back, "Have you any idea what kind of noise happens when somebody’s stabbed in the back? Because I do."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Heh. Right up there with Sir Christopher Lee telling Peter Jackson, while blocking out the scene where Wormtongue stabs Saruman in the back, "Have you any idea what kind of noise happens when somebody’s stabbed in the back? Because I do."
              I forgot he served in WWII!
              Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

• Not just served, but was in a particularly .... interesting unit. The SOE (Special Operations Executive).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...cond_World_War
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Saw this sign in front of a nearby barbershop/hair salon this week...

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Every cat in the house is your BFF when you're stripping the meat off a rotisserie chicken.

Comment

• Is there any way to force an authorized user on a credit card to be wholly responsible for their own charges, or am I stuck with "I'll pay it, I promise!"?
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Is there any way to force an authorized user on a credit card to be wholly responsible for their own charges, or am I stuck with "I'll pay it, I promise!"?
                        Other than perp-cuss-ive maintenance, probably not.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• It must be a bittersweet week for the Cassini scientists. Such pride in their achievements, but it must be like losing an old friend.

Comment

It must be a bittersweet week for the Cassini scientists. Such pride in their achievements, but it must be like losing an old friend.
                            I can imagine.

Then there's this one, about the Mars Rover ....

~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I hate this.

And I hate how stupid I was 30 years ago when I didn't start saving money.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• If we only have one printer in the apartment, why are there THREE open (each with less than half the contents missing) reams of paper?
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X