No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was talking to one cousin last night -- the eldest of the five girls in the family -- and she told me the third girl has been diagnosed with a particularly nasty form of cancer ... neither chemo nor radiation does much to stop it.

They are hoping they got it all with the surgery. If not ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• In another 30-40 years, nursing homes won't need recreation directors anymore, because we're all going to be playing the video games we don't have time to play now.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• There's an artist in town who makes incredibly disturbing baby dolls from pictures and such. It makes me think of the effigy dolls of olden times.
        Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

• If you Google search the phrase Meghan Trainor's Booty Song, it shows you results for "All About That Bass''...
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• The best part of scrambled eggs is the thin film of toasted/dry egg stuck to the pan.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• This German mystery series I am watching has turned out to have a science fiction spine. Nice.

Comment

• The other day a coworker and I were talking and she wasn't sure which was first, the Korean war or the Vietnam war. She's older than me, so it's not a "those dumb kids" moment. Anyway, it was weird.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  The other day a coworker and I were talking and she wasn't sure which was first, the Korean war or the Vietnam war. She's older than me, so it's not a "those dumb kids" moment. Anyway, it was weird.
                  My youngest son is 8 nearly 9. One day in history they were discussing veterans in their families. My son said his paternal grandfather was a WWII vet, Korea and early RVN. His teacher (20 something) told him he was wrong his GF couldn't be that old, well that upset my son. The next day I went in with him and told him yes indeed my father was a WWII vet, my GF was a Spanish-American and WWI vet, my Great-GF was a Civil War vet and I'm a late-RVN and GWI vet. The teacher's great-GF was a WWII vet and just assumed lots of facts about mt family. Now I'm "on-call" with the teacher as a military "expert." I don't claim to be an expert I just have a little experience with a few areas of study.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• People are all excited about Black Panther being the first black superhero movie. I guess Spawn wasn't mainstream enough do most people don't know about it.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      People are all excited about Black Panther being the first black superhero movie. I guess Spawn wasn't mainstream enough do most people don't know about it.
                      There is also the Falcon and Luke Cage. When my youngest brother was little he used to run around playing super hero with his friends and he was always the Falcon.

Comment

• I mean as a main character, though. To be fair the Spawn movie did suck pretty badly and BP looks rad.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                          People are all excited about Black Panther being the first black superhero movie. I guess Spawn wasn't mainstream enough do most people don't know about it.
                          I want a black superhero movie featuring SuperCaptainCoolMan.

Here is a list of all black superhero movies since 1992.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Of all the shows getting reboots, why isn't Sliders or Quantum Leap up for discussion?
                            Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

• A new super hero to tv Black Lightening on the CW

Comment

• Oh Cloak and Dagger starts soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X