Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    I've been amusing myself between calls at work today by getting my cube-neighbors "woke" to the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide.

Once one of them understood the gag, he couldn't stop laughing and said, "I wish I'd known about this while I was still in the military."
    A few weeks ago I was a little late to a Dr. appointment. I told one of the nurses that I had been soaked with a contaminated solvent. She seemed horrified and asked what kind of solvent was it. I told her dihydrogen monoxide. She put that in the notes to the Dr. He asked her why she put that it the notes. She mentioned our conversation and he asked her if she knew what that was. She said no and then he told her. It's a good thing that she is a family friend.
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• Quoth Tanasi View Post
      ... It's a good thing that she was a family friend.
      Better warn her about the consistant carbide and sulfide contamination of the air... toxic bioxygen carbide and the flammable and toxic tetrahydrogen carbide and dihydrogen sulfide. The last is found in lethal concentrations at the so-called 'water treatment plants'. They're poisoning our water!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth Tanasi View Post
        A few weeks ago I was a little late to a Dr. appointment. I told one of the nurses that I had been soaked with a contaminated solvent. She seemed horrified and asked what kind of solvent was it. I told her dihydrogen monoxide. She put that in the notes to the Dr. He asked her why she put that it the notes. She mentioned our conversation and he asked her if she knew what that was. She said no and then he told her. It's a good thing that she is a family friend.
        Clearly she was on autopilot....

Comment

• Ermahgerd, I just bought bacon soda. It's like a car wreck, I can't help myself looking (and tasting). Unfortunately I gave up soda for Lent so I can't try this glorious mess until Easter.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Bacon soda? I'm officially intrigued.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Last week my paternal grandma died and my husband had to rearrange a lot of stuff (childcare etc) to make the funeral, in a state 7 hours away from us (we spent 10 hours in a car on the day of her service).

Today my aunt calls to tell me my paternal grandpa died, I am honestly not surprised because he was very worn down after my dad died last year, and losing his wife was horrible for him and he had a lot of health problems.

I am now officially all out of grandparents.

I just don't know if we can make the trip again for another funeral. I will feel awful if we can't make it, even though I know the family will understand. At the same time my husband is negotiating with a university in a state six hours from us, and if they decide to offer him a job we plan to get down there so I can see the city before he accepts, but as he only has two weeks to make a decision we will have to do it quickly.

Everything. Everything at once.

Comment

• Like, omg it snowed! Panic panic panic! Buy all the milk and bread!

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Like, omg it snowed! Panic panic panic! Buy all the milk and bread!

Don't forget a years supply of toilet tissue and diapers.

Comment

• The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• So this afternoon the younger grand-babies were napping in the nursery and the older ones were playing outside in the mud. My wife and daughters were upstairs "helping" my youngest daughter decide what to pack for her first spring-break. So there I was nearly asleep minding my own business when there was the most awful squalling, screaming and stomping directly over my head and a small gale of laughter. My youngest son (nearly 9) came running down the stairs and out the door being closely pursued by my middle daughter. Thankfully for my son he was fast and agile enough to escape her. So in a few minutes my wife and other daughters came downstairs with some very angry expressions on their faces and were grumbling about the soon to come demise of the boy.
                      It turns out he had attached a stuffed snake skin to a smaller RC car. Knowing the afore mentioned meeting was coming he hid the RC snake under the bed. Just when they're all committed to the conversation he drives the snake out under their feet. Thus resulting in the previously described reactions. Once they calmed down he returned to immediately being grounded for two weeks and sentenced to an hour a day standing in the corner every day of the grounding. So after he finished his hour in the corner he came and set next to me. He looked up at me and had the biggest grin on his face and he said "Totally worth it."

Comment

• Man, if my kid did that I don't think I'd even punish him. That's a good prank. It took some planning.

In other news, on top of everything else, my backyard has decided to begin collapsing into the ravine behind the house. Jesus Christ.

Comment

• Tanasi Jr is an evil genius... Brilliant ! And the last thing I'd do with him is give him an hour alone by himself with his brain to come up with even more cunning plots...

Meanwhile,Reddit requests are getting even more...oddly specific....
                          Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 03-02-2018, 10:11 PM.
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Somehow it doesn't surprise me in the least that one can buy live cockroaches on Amazon.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Son asked to watch Pacific Rim (for the second time) tonight. Parenting win.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                                Son asked to watch Pacific Rim (for the second time) tonight. Parenting win.
                                Apparently there's a sequel coming out.

Comment

Working...
                                X