Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Random Thoughts
Collapse
X
-
And what's the longest?Quoth Food Lady View PostI can't believe I've been here 14 years. This is the second longest I've been a member of anything.
I've been here 12 years; that's the longest I've been active anywhere. The only thing I've had longer is my Hotmail account, which I opened in 1997.
Leave a comment:
-
I can't believe I've been here 14 years. This is the second longest I've been a member of anything.
Leave a comment:
-
I do love coming up with a good turn of phrase, even if it's not something I can use easily.Quoth AnaKhouri View PostSitting in traffic & thinking about how the Celts used to keep the heads of their defeated enemies so they could absorb their strength (as one does), I came up with a fantastic dialogue exchange for my WIP!
Like a bit of comeback line I thought up for a character who worked as a concierge/receptionist at a luxury resort type place, who frequently gets hate and insults from trophy wives, who think she's going to try to steal their man. So she has to find ways to assure them, while also venting a little insults toward them as well.
"I can assure you, Mrs. Rutherford, that it's clear your husband has very specific standards, and I could not possibly bring myself to meet them."
Leave a comment:
-
Sitting in traffic & thinking about how the Celts used to keep the heads of their defeated enemies so they could absorb their strength (as one does), I came up with a fantastic dialogue exchange for my WIP!
Leave a comment:
-
I like gift cards, especially to places to eat, because I know I'll use them up before January is up, early February at the latest. Or, heck, just give me money so I can go use it to wherever I want -- even a gas card would be nice.
Leave a comment:
-
Ooh l just started listening to Good Omens on audiobook. The devil character seems to be telling me to buy NAR a subscription to the Danielle-Steel-Book-of-the-Week club
Leave a comment:
-
If you are on a sine or cosine you keep oscillating around the topic, but if you are on a tangent, you just keep going away from the topic.Quoth mjr View PostIf you can go off on a tangent, why can't you go off on a sine or cosine?
Leave a comment:
-
If you can go off on a tangent, why can't you go off on a sine or cosine?
Leave a comment:
-
Fantasy, sci-fi, horror, stuff like that. Terry Pratchett. Actually, if they were going to get me something from the best sellers, they could get me something by Neil Gailman and I'd be happy. Oh, even Steven King. So I'm not impossible to buy for, I don't think. And again, just get me a gift card. But people think that's impersonal. Haha, buying me stuff I would never like is worse.Quoth Kit-Ginevra View PostSo NAR what books do you read?
What I get is usually Danielle Steel, Julia Quinn, or something like "a mother grieves after losing her daughter to cancer while learning to raise horses." Not a real example, but this is something I would not be surprised to get, and am not interested in.
Leave a comment:
-
I used to feel that way. But then Hunt For Red October came out on the best seller list and I was talked into reading it. Ever since then I keep an eye on the best seller lists just in case another good book makes it.Quoth notalwaysright View Post... but instead of looking at the titles of the books, or asking, they buy from the best seller table. I don't read that stuff, sorry. ...
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: