Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

To make sure you are at home to hear them. If you worked nights and slept days, they would go off between three and four in the afternoon.
    This is incorrect, if you have pets. If you have pets, they will go off about two minutes after you leave the house for the day. (I feel so bad. The cats were all terrified out of their minds and our poor puppy was HOWLING at the noise.)
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Quoth Kittish View Post

This is incorrect, if you have pets. If you have pets, they will go off about two minutes after you leave the house for the day. (I feel so bad. The cats were all terrified out of their minds and our poor puppy was HOWLING at the noise.)
      Pets always make such things more complicated and expensive. But the joy they bring make up for it.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I've been in low-grade freakout for the last two days. Do we know if we have any posters in or near Ukraine, and if so, do we know if they're OK?
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Standard disclaimer, I'm in the USA. As an adult, there are few things that make me feel more stupid than doing my taxes.
          Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
          They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
            Standard disclaimer, I'm in the USA. As an adult, there are few things that make me feel more stupid than doing my taxes.
            Well there was that one time when I realized I didn't do my state taxes the year before.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• When, in the General Language of Video Games, did "consumable" - as in when describing an item or ability - come to mean "hoard hoard hoard hoard NEVER EVER USE even if you have 100 of them"?

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                When, in the General Language of Video Games, did "consumable" - as in when describing an item or ability - come to mean "hoard hoard hoard hoard NEVER EVER USE even if you have 100 of them"?
                Probably on day 2.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• At a high level, the concept for Talespin was pretty wild for a Disney cartoon back in the day. "Let's take the main animal characters from The Jungle Book, anthropomorphize them, and put them in a vaguely 1950s dieselpunk AU". Kind of out there, even compared to some of its contemporaries like "Batman But A Duck" and "Petrified Scottish Mythology Wakes Up In New York".

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                    At a high level, the concept for Talespin was pretty wild for a Disney cartoon back in the day. "Let's take the main animal characters from The Jungle Book, anthropomorphize them, and put them in a vaguely 1950s dieselpunk AU". Kind of out there, even compared to some of its contemporaries like "Batman But A Duck" and "Petrified Scottish Mythology Wakes Up In New York".
                    Ok, the first one I get (Darkwing Duck, yea?) but the second one eludes me.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Quoth Kittish View Post

Ok, the first one I get (Darkwing Duck, yea?) but the second one eludes me.
                      Gargoyles!

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post

Gargoyles!
                        Now I feel dumb. I loved that show and was very sad it didn't last longer.

Comment

• No Matter How you arrange your staff, it will never make up for the fact that you have to few people for to much work.
                          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

• I can't believe I get more respect at work than I do at home. People in the office didn't touch or move my belongings. It's a big No-No to do that. At home stuff gets taken out of its holding place and just left somewhere. Or it gets moved where I can't find it. No one ever consults me.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• *picks up Food Lady and moves her to a different thread*
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                                *picks up Food Lady and moves her to a different thread*
                                I don't think I'd stop you.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X