X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOh... this is a good track.

:: turns up volume ::

Comment

• What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?
      Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

• I can never believe Sylvester Stallone as a bad guy. His smile is just too freaking adorable. In the history of the whole world, there has never been a bad person with dimples.

Incidentally, dimples are actually caused by a defect in the facial muscles. They don't grow long enough or something. A charming customer told me this, right after commenting on my dimples. I looked it up though, and it's true.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• What the heck is Phenylalanine? Wait...do I want to know?
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Did someone mention cheesecake? Don't even try to hide it from me!

Why do the loving and wonderful people die before people who are just a waste of skin and air?

Why do the strangest and most bizarre people think I want to be their friend?
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

• Haven't I seen Jurrassic Park 2 already?
              Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

• Quoth Misanthropical View Post

Why do the strangest and most bizarre people think I want to be their friend?

*giggle*
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Why can't broccoli be loaded with calories and pastry be fat-free?

(don't even mention baking without shortening, ok? Just don't )
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    Why can't broccoli be loaded with calories and pastry be fat-free?

(don't even mention baking without shortening, ok? Just don't )
                    But broccoli is so tasty!

And I make much better pastries without shortening. Butter is my FRIEND. Especially frozen butter that I've cut into the flour *very* quickly.

Mmm. Flaky.

Comment

• Okay, this may be a bit serious for this thread, but it was a random realization that occurred to me.

I was thinking about all this time-travel sci-fi mumbo jumbo when something dawned on me. Most time machines you see are these stationary things, with no visible means of propulsion, Back To The Future series excluded, of course.

Thinking of it as 4-dimensional travel (x,y,z, and t), our xyz movement is controlled by our being on our planet which is moving down the t-axis at the same speed as we are. Suppose you were to go back in time just 1 second? Now unless your time machine takes the entire planet with you, you should now be where you were when you started your time-skip, but the Earth should be where it was the 1-second previous.

Two outcomes that I see:
                      A) you maintain your xyz momentum, and drift along 1 second in front of the Earth in its path, until gravity drags back in or you drift off into space.
                      B) you lose your momentum and become planetary roadkill as the Earth catches up to you that 1 second later.

And if your time machine DID take the planet too, there would be a lot of explaining to do, with two Earths, one a second of time in front of the other.

So maybe all those shooting stars we see are those pesky sci-fi travellers trying to come back to warn us of the future and failing miserably because of a lack of foresight on the whole 4d travel thing.

And before anyone nitpicks my use of the word momentum in a science-y train of thought, it has been years since I took physics, and I can't remember what the proper term would be.
                      Last edited by terakhan; 10-21-2010, 06:29 AM.
                      Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                      Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

• Nah, if it is a random thought..serious or not, it belongs here. Anybody seen Cujo (spelling?) the movie about the psycho dog? At work, in the hole, there is a picture of a dog that looks exactly like cujo. The picture even has red eyes. One of the few fun things in 'the hole'.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• That's.... freaky. Really freaky.

So, at the doctor's yesterday, they accidentally entered my weight somehow as 195 into their computer instead of 166. I didn't notice this until I had left and was on my way to the pharmacy... patient's weight is listed on the Rx printout.

So when I got back for my follow up in 4 weeks, it'll look like I've lost 30 lbs!
                          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

• Quoth Wenchie View Post
                            So, at the doctor's yesterday, they accidentally entered my weight somehow as 195 into their computer instead of 166. I didn't notice this until I had left and was on my way to the pharmacy... patient's weight is listed on the Rx printout.
                            Be sure to ask the pharmacist if anything on the list is dosed by weight .

Comment

• Quoth Mikkel View Post
                              Be sure to ask the pharmacist if anything on the list is dosed by weight .
                              Nothing is dosed by weight that I'm taking, which is good. The only thing KINDA dosed by weight is the Pulmicort Flexhaler, but there are really only two doses for that... one for kids and one for adults, and I have the "adult" dose. I also metabolize medications quickly so I'm not worried about the dosing so much anyway.
                              "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

• I love this picture:

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X