Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    "Cinnamon Girl" is the only Neil Young song I ever liked, and I seemingly can't play it enough.
    Have you heard the version by Type O Negative? I like it so much better than Young's. Then again, I can't stand the way he sings. *shrug*

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Last nights messed up dream...Note : I've had the dream before, a couple of times, but each time is slightly different.

Me, my cousin, and somebody I don't know decide we are going to go and get something from my work place. We are going to break in (did I mention my job is kinda hard to get into?). The place I pull up to though doesn't look like my place of work, but in my dream it is (ie dream me doesn't notice the difference). It is in fact a lumber yard (I do not work in, near, or around a lumber yard..though I did once a long time ago).

Now we get in and out without a hitch, but the somebody I do not know has forgotten his wallet back inside. So, since we have avoided all the security, I tell them to wait in the car and I will just waltz in and get it, saying I wanted to look at my schedule.

I go back in. Idiot somebody follows me inside. Doesn't matter though, as my supervisor comes up and fires me for something totally unrelated. Well idiot somebody gets caught, and pulled into the maintenance office. I find a wallet and go to retrieve him, but it's not his wallet, he had it the whole time..(couldn't find it and thought he left it inside, but was in his pocket..idiot). They let him go, because they don't yet know we made off with..whatever.

Well we go outside, and my brother is now in the car. No clue how he got there, but of course that and the fact that he has been dead for several years doesn't even phase my dream self. So we ride off, and I am worried about how I am going to find a job/etc..but we made it out with whatever we went to go get in the first place.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Serendipity.

Listening a Christmas music station on iTunes. I catch it as it plays my favorite version of "Baby It's Cold Outside," by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey in happy times.

So? It's a guilty pleasure. Go screw.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Should I dye my hair red/brown or brown/black?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Red . Though strawberry or flame red is my favorites...
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sometimes I think about the people around me, and wonder how many of them are SCs. People who are nice to their friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, fellow church members, etc., but become arrogant assholes when talking to service employees.

I also wonder who might be a serial killer. Have you ever noticed when a serial killer is arrested, and the news media is talking to the neighbors, that none of them even had a clue? It's kind of creepy that someone you know could be living such a double life.
              Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

• Blasted College needs to release my last grade!!! 4 courses, 3 A's..if I get that last A..will be a perfect 4.0 for the quarter. Something I have yet to accomplish...

Comment

• -Why do people have no concept of "personal space"? Seriously, back off! I don't want people standing so close to me that I have to peel them off my back when I leave.

-Along with the first point, if you are standing so closes to me that you can hear every word the pharmacist and I are saying, don't get pissed off when we both tell you to back the hell off.

-I don't care how old you are, I will not allow you to line jump me so stop trying to pull that stunt.

-Are people really so stupid that they think if they back out of a parking spot they don't have to look to see if I'm walking by or driving by and nearly hit me and give me the finger!

-Threatening or trying to intimidate me will never turn out well for you. It just amuses me right before I rip you to shreds and watch you try not to cry which is pretty pathetic for a guy.

-Why do I have to have a December birthday? It sucks beyond belief to have a birthday so close to Christmas. Mr. Mis does his best to keep my birthday and Christmas separate and buys me very nice gifts for both instead of buying me a cheap gift and saying "Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas" like my parents and relatives did.

-Just because I'm not smiling or laughing every second of the day does not mean I'm an unhappy person with depression. I would think if that was the case Mr. Mis and my cubs would notice and say something. Plus, if I am smiling that alone should scare you.

Thank you for allowing me to vent, I now return you to your regular programming.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Red . Though strawberry or flame red is my favorites...
                    Ooooh...flame red. I might have to keep that under consideration...
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• 3.75 GPA. Yeah I know it is not bad, but that Presidents list sure would have been nice. Have to settle for the Deans list .

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        "Cinnamon Girl" is the only Neil Young song I ever liked, and I seemingly can't play it enough.
                        Funny you mention that, it's the only song I like by him too! Probably because it doesn't sound like his usual stuff.

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                        -Why do people have no concept of "personal space"? Seriously, back off! I don't want people standing so close to me that I have to peel them off my back when I leave.

Thank you for allowing me to vent, I now return you to your regular programming.
                        Amen to your whole post, especially this part. At least you only have to peel them off your back; I have to pull them out of my butt!
                        Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

• My hubby woke up in the middle of the night with this thought:

- Of course X-Wings have FTL, how else could Luke get to the Dagobar system.
                          "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                          "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                          "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

• Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
                            Funny you mention that, it's the only song I like by him too! Probably because it doesn't sound like his usual stuff.

Amen to your whole post, especially this part. At least you only have to peel them off your back; I have to pull them out of my butt!
                            I find it worse when they are wearing a body spray/perfume that makes me gag, it seems those are the ones I have to pull out of my butt.

I was a smart ass once when the woman in line behind us was all up in Mr. Mis personal space. I looked at her and told her if she was looking for a date she was doing it wrong. She gave me the look and backed off muttering to herself.
                            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

• Is it just me, or does Charlie's place from "Two and a Half Men" look an awful lot like Laverne & Shirley's place when they moved to California?

Also, doesn't Molly's home in "Mike & Molly" bear a more than passing resemblance to Rosanne's home?
                              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Exactly when did I become such a hippie?

I mean, here I am in my organic cotton t-shirt, ripped jeans, ragg socks and 8-year-old Birkenstock clogs with hardly any tread left on the soles, my hair's going down past my cheekbones, I just got home from buying organic apples and fair trade coffee which I toted home in a reusable shopping bag.

I feel a sudden urge to buy a VW van, burn incense and make tie dyes.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X