Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bah weep granah, weep ninibong!
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
      Bah weep granah, weep ninibong!
      Erm... she's malfunctioning again! Someone press the reset button to return to Human English settings
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• 'nother TV thought. If I'm just using it for background noise, there are 5-6 channels I typically bounce between. How is it that all six of them are all simultaneously on commercial so dang often?

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
          'nother TV thought. If I'm just using it for background noise, there are 5-6 channels I typically bounce between. How is it that all six of them are all simultaneously on commercial so dang often?
          They synchronize automatically, just like a bunch of metronomes.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
            'nother TV thought. If I'm just using it for background noise, there are 5-6 channels I typically bounce between. How is it that all six of them are all simultaneously on commercial so dang often?
            Allot of Broadcasters follow the same, or similar broadcast clock As it was explained to me when I took broadcasting classes in 90s, they like to show the commercials on the same cycles to prevent people from turning from their channel to another one that isn't running any commercials. So having 6 channels on commercial at the same time isn't necessary condolence, but somewhat planned out. The only exception I'm aware of is live Sporting Events, as they try to cram in commercials while there are breaks in the action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_clock
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

• Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
              So having 6 channels on commercial at the same time isn't necessary condolence, but somewhat planned out.
              Sounds very sad to me.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Speaking of commercials, ridiculous medication ads are not limited to humans. From an ad for, IIRC, flea-and-tick repellant: "Side effects may include vomiting, flatulence, and diarrhea." So your dog will be warded against bugs, but may also explode.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                  Speaking of commercials, ridiculous medication ads are not limited to humans. From an ad for, IIRC, flea-and-tick repellant: "Side effects may include vomiting, flatulence, and diarrhea." So your dog will be warded against bugs, but may also explode.
                  Speaking of dog flatulence, I was reminded of this movie clip.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Surely it would only explode if it had a cork shoved up its arse?

Though shoving a cork into something's backside and watching it go bang when air cannot escape is hilarious,please do not attempt this in real life.It will not end well for you or the victim
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Speaking of dog flatulence, I was reminded of this movie clip.
                      My first thought was this story, which I first read on-line quite a long time ago...
                      Last edited by Nunavut Pants; 09-13-2021, 04:40 AM.
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                        My first thought was this story, which I first read on-line quite a long time ago...
                        Your link doesn't work...

but are you talking about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_the_Farting_Dog
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Here we go again. The Evergreen people (they of Ever Given fame) are sending a BIGGER ship, the Ever Ace, through the Suez canal. Same length, 9ft wider, max capacity 3868 TEU greater. If this one gets stuck like its relative, wonder how much worse it'll be to get loose.

The canal had a brief (less than 1hr) blockage last week "courtesy" of the Coral Crystal, which was at least polite enough to pick a two-lane stretch to run aground and have to be helped back afloat.
                          Last edited by Seanette; 09-13-2021, 10:53 AM.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                            Your link doesn't work...

but are you talking about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_the_Farting_Dog
                            Sorry, it worked this morning! I swapped in a different link, hopefully that works.

If not, Google "Jasper and the Unbaked Yeast Rolls"...
                            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Ever Ace has made it safely with Xmas pressies for the Brits

In other thoughts...if Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans were truly every flavour, it would be virtually impossible to have the same flavour more than once

Comment

• Don't remember stepping in or on anything weird recently. Whyfor my shoes squeak so much now?

Comment

Working...
                                X