Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what you're saying, and it's easily said, but then again...I really couldn't babysit this weekend, and look what happened.

She did find someone else, and it fell through.

Unfortunately, because of a situation last fall my daughter has children's services on her back so she has to be very careful and selective about her choices of childcare.
    (There was an accusation that my daughter's boyfriend may have touched my granddaughter inappropriately. She was often left in his care. There was also the possibility that this was just a story started by the other grandmother, who also looked after my granddaughter. It was a bit of a mess.)
    Also, she has had someone else make anonymous calls about a year ago, claiming that she was leaving her child with unsuitable babysitters. (Someone jealous of her at that time.) It was all cleared by child services, but they are still in her life because of the fact that she has come up on their radar more than once.

It's kind of a rock and a hard place right now, but I am sure there are lots of reliable choices out there for her.
    The big problem is that she doesn't want to have to pay, and she isn't looking any farther than among her circle of friends.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
      Yay! *Hugs dw*
      1 more week until I get my hair lopped off! I have to wear it up because it's so humid here, and I'm having massive headaches from the weight. I have really thick, wavy hair that would be bra strap long at the back if it was straight and I'm getting it cut to chin-length.
      I'm going to get mine cut too due to the heat. my hairs longer tho, mine would be just above the small of my back but thick and straight (with a slight wave to it). i'm going for my shoulder length
      Last edited by dawnfire; 01-28-2012, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• I live a 4 hour drive from my boyfriend and as such don't get to see him much. We both have wildly varying schedules so we don't usually have a chance to talk often. I cherish the 5 minute phone conversations we have as he's falling asleep.
        Today I texted him (used to text him several times a day but other things have taking up my time recently) and he texted right back (he hates texting and rarely ever does).
        I love him so much. February 10th will mark our first anniversary.
        Just thought I'd post a happy post in here.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• I'm going to crawl in here and hide under the blankets. I woke up feeling like crap, and I heard on Sunday that my auntie died

Comment

• Dragon_Wings...congratulations to you two!

MOT...I'm so sorry for the loss of your auntie. It's so hard.

Got some sad news tonight. My brother used to have a dog who had to be put up for adoption because of behavior issues (and I don't mean things like barking too much or peeing everywhere...these were serious). A good friend of mine and her husband adopted the dog and he lived with them for several years...until a couple of weeks ago when he did the same thing he did at my brother's house. Now he has to be put down, which they are going to do tomorrow. There's nothing else that can be done, but I still feel so sad about it. He was a nice dog who did some bad things.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• I'll come here and say the following without getting mad @ the people who need to be explained to. This way, it's safer, and I don't hurt anyone's feelings. So here goes my rant:

GAH. My daughter. My husband. MY MOTHER!

Stop driving me crazy.
              Stop crying and whining.
              STOP WITH THE COMMENTS ABOUT MY WEIGHT! I know I'm fat. I know I'm disgusting to look. Just stop it. Stop it right now.

And my beautiful child, if you don't stop screaming and yelling and throwing things at your Momma (which is me), as soon as Daddy comes through the door, I'm going for a drive. A long drive. Maybe to North Dakota. Or Wisconsin. Or Nebraska. Or California. I don't care. I just need to drive ... somewhere.
              And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

• If you go to Wisconsin, come visit me.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Come drive to OK!

I have nummies...and fabric

Mmmm fabric.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Thanks FoodLady and Kanalah. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get into my car and start driving and not stopping.

I had to take away the Nintendo DSXL ... AGAIN. She gets frustrated when she can't get Billy & Tails to dance during her driving game. () I told her she can't have it until Friday. Of course she wants it tomorrow.

Hubs just got home. At least he's taking down the Christmas decorations in front of our house.

Think I'm going to go to bed early tonight.

Comment

• Florida's nice. Though, I think I might hop in your car with you at this point, or maybe just take my own and we could run away as a team
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Team Runaways! That's gotta be better than Team Edward AND Team Jacob combined, right? lol

Feeling better this morning. But that can change. Clementine is really good in the mornings, it's just at school and after school where she's a terror. (That sounds bad, doesn't it? She's a good girl, just overwhelming at times). And hubs is "too tired" to do any parenting in the evenings after he comes home from work.

Comment

• Well, who isn't too tired...geez. (Also, no offense to Twilight fans but I have no love whatsoever for the series or Team Edward/Team Jacob, I'd much rather have Team Runaways )

Stepdaughter (age 23) and her husband are apparently calling it quits after just over 2 years. She moved back in with us yesterday, which I knew was a possibility but I thought we might have a bit more warning. Right now she's at her first day of a job that she didn't even want to go to this morning at all, and called her dad at lunchtime to say she wanted to quit. Anyone wanna take bets on if she goes back tomorrow? *sigh* This week is complete crap so far...

Comment

• Can I come hide in here? I still have an hour at work and have the worst headache I have had in a while.

Both bossese have left for the day and I was soooooo glad to see them go. I had finishing up year endings. The two of them fight like two upset kids in a sandbox fighting over the toy dump truck (lol I work for a contractor)

I just want my blanky and my pillow right now.

(HUGS) Beentheredonethat. I totally understand what you are going through. My daughter and her hubby just split up after almost two years of marriage. She lsft him because he was cheating on her (One of the girls was one of her friends)

Comment

• *Huge hugs and many yummies for all*

BDTD tell her to suck it up, put on her big girl panties and just do it because as adults, we all have to do things we don't like. It's just a part of life and the new job will hopefully help to keep her mind off the break-up. (I'm the same age, so I think I get to say it without being smacked too hard ) *hugs*
                              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Thanks FCCR and Mishi. Well, no surprise, she decided she's not going back. She's going to keep looking for work but apparently she is also looking to have some fairly major surgery done (and she probably does really need it, unfortunately) so I dunno. I hope her dad gets her doing stuff around the house at least. I won't be here much to deal with it...gah, I hate when going home is not much comfort from leaving work.

Comment

Working...
                                X