Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me start by saying that this year, so far, has been one of ups and downs. Mostly the downs.

Down #1, which is the sadder of the two: My maternal grandmother, who has been battling with dementia for the past several years, passed away a little over exactly a month ago (January 8th). I've been refraining from posting about it before now, but I'm going to be/am getting teary regardless of how long I wait. On the one hand, it's a happy thing because she's in a place now where she can walk and talk again. On the other, as y'all can imagine, it's a difficult time right now. Especially for my mom, who just came back from Venezuela on Thursday (she wanted to go there the night she found out, but there were literally zero flights to Venezuela that day for less than $5000, so she ended up going a couple weeks later).

Down #2: As some of you might know, this is hopefully my last semester and, with any luck, I'll be graduating in May. Well, I had a meeting with my advisor on Thursday, and discovered a bump in the road. It turns out that I'm short 3 credits (one class) in Humanities & Sociology. I'm supposed to have 9 credits for that, according to my program sheet, and I only have 6. Did I know this before Thursday? No. Luckily, I was able to register for a second mod class in Sociology. So, starting after spring break, instead of getting out of school at 12:15, I'll be getting out at 4:45. Also, I was apparently supposed to submit my intent-to-graduate form last semester to graduate *this* semester. So we (my advisor, the department head, and I) are now just kind of waiting to see what's going to happen.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

• I need cuddles, I was sick all night and saw the wrong side of sunrise again. I hate being sick, especially with a tummy bug.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• *comes in with boxes of homemade chocolate fudge brownies and vanilla shortbread biscuits*

Missing my special person. Arms hurting. Throat feeling sore. *curls up in the corner with a blanket*
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• comes in and hangs in the corner again. sucked into her social awkwardness hole this time. so worried i made people mad or did the wrong thing that i cannot function

Comment

• *hugs Midnight* You're awesome girlie.

I have one of the worse types of headache I get: dull throbbing with the occasional sharp pain, doesn't get better with otc pain meds.

I can ignore just about any minor headache these days and migraines I just suffer through but these... Ouch.

And it doesn't help I'm taking it out on my roomie. *whimpers and crawls under blankets with her Bunneh*
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Thinking of you all and sending hugs and gentle thoughts. I was doing pretty well most of the day, now all of a sudden I feel a bit anxious again. Hoping to stave it off.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• walks over and sits by Midnight. puts a comforting hand on her shoulder and then stays quiet and lets her talk when she's ready.
                Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• *Snuggles for everyone* I'm much better now. Rugz put me in an aircon room with TV, found an OTC anti-emetic for me and looked after everything yesterday so that I didn't need a visit to the hospital. Still feeling pretty out of it, kinda floaty and feeling like I'm moving in slow-motion. Hydrating even more but soooo happy not to be throwing up. Really hope the girls and Rugz don't catch it.

Comment

• hugs and thank yous for Dragon_wings and Teysa.
                    more hugs for Mishi and good vibes

going to start marking a calendar because i keep forgetting to take my meds.
                    long story short the dose i am on now lasts for two to three days. so i need to mark when i take it and check back in two days and take another or when i forget i come down and have anger issues and become super anxious.
                    i know all the words to say to sound like i don't but even then my mind goes back and forth with worry about how i offended people or made them mad

Comment

• Just crawling in to curl up for a few minutes. Trying to get ready for a really important interview when my sinuses are trying to kill me, it's just tough. Doesn't help that we had our first snow this morning.

Sounds like a lot of folks are having the winter downs right now, huh?

Anybody got sudafed?

Comment

• I am going to curl up in here for a nap.

So tired from the trip I just got home from, mom and I took the train down to CA for a funeral. We got home last night.
                        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• *sets down a tray of cupcakes*

I got hugs, a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on if anyone need it.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• *Shares fluffy vanilla cake* I have cuddles and coffee, no sudafed though.

Comment

• I used my second sick day of the year today. 10 days after using the first.
                              My stomach is hurting so badly.
                              I was so tired when I got home I just crawled into bed. Now I need to get up and fine an urgent care clinic I can get to on the bus that takes my insurance.
                              *whimpers*
                              I don't wanna get up. But I need to.
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• *Hugs Dragon_wings* I hope you find one and you feel better soon.

Morgana I feel for you; until about a week ago mine were so bad that not only was I unable to breathe through my nose, but I also had earache.

*Hugs Elspeth* I went to the funeral of my auntie on the 9th. It left me drained as up until then I could not seem to get my head around her death. When I went to the funeral it finally hit me that she wasn't coming back.

Comment

Working...
                                X