Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I could make the time fly by and once again, have my own place, I would do anything in the world.

I don't want to sound ungrateful for a free place to live and my old bedroom back in the same shape it always was, but I mean...there are limits. They can afford to use their A/C, they just won't use it, same as in winter, the thermostat is not allowed to go above 68. Not to mention, despite the fact that my mother will boldly declare that she cleans the house and cleans it well, it's a lie. I clean the house well. Granted, I'm obsessive and freakishly neat about floors and bathrooms, but their house gets absolutely disgusting because mom gets mad about dad not cleaning up after himself, so she decides she won't clean until she gets so mad one day that she'll play the martyr and clean it all herself and whine that no one else does anything, and that she works too much and her job is so hard, she doesn't have time to clean all the time.

Sorry, I'm babbling and taking over the thread. I just really don't want to move home. But, instead of rent, I get to clean up after 3 people. Yay for me.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• Hubs is seeing signs at work that the company might be dissolving in a year.

He's told me if he loses this job that we're moving in with his mom in DC.

https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kanalah, I'm so sorry to hear about the possibility your hubby may lose his job! Do you not get along with your MIL or (like blas and I) are you just not looking forward to moving in with a parent?

blas, I understand how you feel. A friend of mine has only a sibling, who has consistently in the past refused to help her, and will do no differently in the future. I've had a lot of help from my brother, who is also paying for a great deal of mom's in-home help. He had said he would help me with a small apt. in My Hometown but now mom's in-home help costs have skyrocketed. He can help one of us, but not both.

I don't want to sound ungrateful either, but this is definitely not what I had planned when I accepted the offer of the college in My Hometown.

Your mom does sound like mine with her passive-aggressive stances ... that's exactly what mine would've done. "You won't do anything, so I won't either, but then I'll complain endlessly about how nothing gets done!" I'm the world's lousiest housekeeper but I'll have to try to do better there, as mom is no longer capable of doing anything and her in-home help was not hired to scrub the place out. At least in my case, she no longer notices messes so she won't be complaining about it....

Hang in there, blas. Things will get better.

Comment

• Mom-in-law doesn't like me very much.

According to her I'm a lazy slob because I don't spend all day cleaning and waiting on hubby/kids 24/7.

When we went to visit her for Christmas this past year, Hubs got his own room, daughter (who's named after her) got her own room, and I shared a bedroom with my 4 year old son.

Plus she lives 1,000+ miles away. So I'd be in a totally new area and be all alone. And large cities make me claustrophobic.

I know if we moved in with her things would go bad very quickly. I doubt I'd last a month, to be honest.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• I know everybody gets a bit tired of my whining *sighs*. Today went grocery shopping. Just walked from my car, through the isles, and back to the car..didn't lift anything..and afterward I was exhausted and in so much pain I wanted to cry. Hate this.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• *gentle hugs all around*
              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Kanalah! You'd be way closer to me than you are now! I won't let you be alone. We can be "lazy" together. And I'll tell your MIL off for you (if you tell mine off for me ).

I ... had to take the dog back. Clementine was rough with him this morning. She didn't mean to be. But rather than have her or him hurt in the near future, I returned him today so he could get a nice home with a not-so-aggressive-autistic child living in the home, or no kids at all. I feel a little guilty. He was a sweet little guy who took a real shine to me (followed me all over the place).
                And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

• You did the right thing, Caly...sorry for the doggie but I'm sure he will find a loving home.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• I need to crawl in here and curl up for a while.

My job goes away in five weeks, and I don't know what I'm going to do. I've been looking for another job for three years, and nobody will hire me.

I'm also going to be moving at the end of the job, and I have so much crap . . .

And I'm feeling guilty about being depressed. I'm in better shape than I could be, financially, much better than I was when Clueless and the Bimbo left me in the lurch, but . . . How long is that money going to have to last?

Can't even move in with my mom. Nursing home won't take me.

Angry, scared, and depressed.

I don't want to live in 'real life' anymore. Anybody got a good fantasy I can move in to?

Comment

• Morgana, Can I bring you a mug of hot chocolate and a nice fluffy blanket to curl up with? Or loan you my squeaky cat? (He's guaranteed to make you smile. ) I'll loan you my Hogwarts fantasies if that will help ...

I know how you feel about "so much crap." Even with all the stuff I'm disposing of, I don't know where I'm going to pile the ever-increasing number of boxes and other containers as I continue to pack ...

Is there any stuff you can get rid of, immediately? My brother told me, "Be ruthless." I'm probably not being as ruthless as I could be, but I'm doing the best I can for the moment (am presently waiting for the Salvation Army to come get an Ikea bookshelf -- one of the Billy bookshelves -- as well as an Ikea TV stand, a desk chair, and assorted boxes and bags).

Any chance you can return to school and retrain for something else?

Try not to beat yourself up. If you're already feeling angry, scared and depressed, you don't need to feel guilty on top of it. You are in a tough spot right now, so be especially nice to yourself.

Comment

• Quoth Kanalah View Post
                        Mom-in-law doesn't like me very much.

According to her I'm a lazy slob because I don't spend all day cleaning and waiting on hubby/kids 24/7.

When we went to visit her for Christmas this past year, Hubs got his own room, daughter (who's named after her) got her own room, and I shared a bedroom with my 4 year old son.

Plus she lives 1,000+ miles away. So I'd be in a totally new area and be all alone. And large cities make me claustrophobic.

I know if we moved in with her things would go bad very quickly. I doubt I'd last a month, to be honest.
                        Ugh, I can see why you're not looking forward to that option. If she thinks hubs/kids should be waited on 24/7, perhaps she should be the one doing it ...
                        Is that the only option you guys have?
                        Whatever happens, we are here for you.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        I know everybody gets a bit tired of my whining *sighs*. Today went grocery shopping. Just walked from my car, through the isles, and back to the car..didn't lift anything..and afterward I was exhausted and in so much pain I wanted to cry. Hate this.
                        *gentle hugs* You're not whining, Mytical. I'm sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. Wish there was something I could do to help.

Quoth CalyCoRose View Post
                        Kanalah! You'd be way closer to me than you are now! I won't let you be alone. We can be "lazy" together. And I'll tell your MIL off for you (if you tell mine off for me ).

I ... had to take the dog back. Clementine was rough with him this morning. She didn't mean to be. But rather than have her or him hurt in the near future, I returned him today so he could get a nice home with a not-so-aggressive-autistic child living in the home, or no kids at all. I feel a little guilty. He was a sweet little guy who took a real shine to me (followed me all over the place).
                        Aw, that's too bad about the dog, CalyCo. But you did the right thing.

Comment

• Had a scare earlier. My heart rate dropped incredibly at 5 am, me feeling sick to my stomach. Went on for like an hr. It was not good. But at the moment, I feel better.

Comment

• That is scary, cashierbex. Any idea what caused it? I occasionally notice my heart racing for no reason that I can see, although not enough to alarm me.

Liquor store was supposed to have lots of boxes today ... shipment didn't come in! So I am packing clothing in a couple of suitcases, and will pack what boxes I have left ... More boxes expected Friday.

Salvation Army showed up and took my bookcase and TV stand and a couple of bags of stuff. They didn't take my 4 boxes of stuff because I forgot to mention 'em ... Took two down to the store myself today and will take the remainder tomorrow.

Comment

• Mine's weird too, has been for as long as I can remember. Slows down and feels like it's thudding hard when it does beat, but I also have random instances of tachycardia. *Shrugs* I've had testing done and there's nothing wrong that they can see. Low blood pressure as well, which is rather annoying but it's better than having high blood pressure.
                              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• No idea. My roomies mom said it was probably cause I needed to eat something and felt dehydrated. So far, no other episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X