This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
    I'm here for my cozy corner. Hubby and I went to the Cemetery this afternoon to put roses and a helium happy birthday balloon on our daughter's grave. It was so touching. Just after we walked away from the grave it looked as though she was showing her balloon off to her Great Grandparents who are buried next to her.
    That was very touching about the balloon.
    And I hope there were enough soft cushions in your corner.

Quoth Mytical View Post
    *hugs to all, and offers some chocolate and peanutbutter fudge*

So tired..lack of sleep is getting to me. Can't sleep from pain, docs won't give me pain meds..guess when my body gets so tired it can't carry on..I will sleep.
    So sorry to hear about this, Mytical. Did your doctors say why they won't give you pain meds? Are they worried about interactions with your other meds?

Yes, you will sleep eventually. Sending good thoughts your way, that sleep doesn't elude you for too long ...

Quoth Mishi View Post
    Thanks so much!
    Turns out that they weren't intentionally poisoned as previously thought. They do have a cranky neighbour with various mental health issues that has recently been politely told that he can't just walk into the yard and start messing with things because he might let the dogs out or accidentally scare the mama with a new litter of pups into biting him, so they thought he might have poisoned the dogs in retaliation. Dogs went into the Vet ER after a goodly dose of activated charcoal because it's about a 30min drive away, and had tests run. Seems that someone that drops in every now and then decided to make a batch of special butter, which didn't turn out to his liking, so he threw it into the trailer with the yard rubbish waiting to go to the dump. Dogs got in and ate the lot. Dante (Rhodesian Ridgeback X) is still very sick and might not make it, Tex (Mastiff X) is almost better and might be coming home this afternoon or tomorrow.
    Glad to hear Tex is recovering and I will keep my fingers crossed for Dante. I didn't know butter could affect dogs that badly.

Comment

• If it was thrown out, it was probably rancid and spoiled. No barrier to curious dogs, sadly.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Spoilt and chock-full of THC (it was 'mull' butter) and goodness knows what else + a large, sudden dose of fat can cause pancreatitis. The dosage was high enough to give all of the symptoms of insecticide poisoning. Puppies are doing well though, they were starting on solids and are now also having formula because Tex is still away. Her milk might not be safe yet either. For obvious reasons, they're cleaning the house out from top to bottom and are going to be more selective in who they allow to bunk there.

*lot of cuddles for everyone*
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Not interaction with my current medicine..problems with both bleeding and liver..but it is more like I do not believe they believe me. I never seem to have any pain spikes when at the doctors..ever (sort of like taking a car to a mechanic and they can't replicate the problem)..and there is so far no medical reason for the pain (maybe it IS all in my head *sighs*). There is the neuropathy but that should be handled by the one medicine I am on.

The weakness..where people have to help me do basic things like get up out of a chair, the pain...the soul crushing fatigue...it just doesn't seem to have a reason to be. It is, but I feel until they can find a legitimate reason for it, they think I am just a drug seeker.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• I'm getting to the point where I hate calling my Dad.

Called him yesterday to wish him a Happy Father's Day and to make sure he got his card on time. Why does he feel the need to complain to me about my middle sister and her hubby's life?

Sure, it suck that BIL is out of work again (he had another job that required him to travel to out of town sites M-F but it recently gave out) the kids just got out of school (their last day was Friday. Oldest nephew graduated Elementary School and my niece has completed middle school - she'll be a freshman this fall, middle nephew turns 9 tomorrow and the baby is up walking and getting into everything) and even though my sis is working as much as she can, they're down to one vehicle (their SUV basically wore out - repairs are more than the thing is worth) so they have one small car. And no money right now to get another vehicle.

But for my Dad to start complaining about how they have no credit for anything and , as he put it "can't see around the next corner" and "their family outgrew their car" . . .blew my mind.

WTF? What are YOU and your wife (her mother) doing to help THEM out? From what I hear, not a damned thing but complain about them behind their backs.

Speaking of complaining about your kids and how they live, I can only imagine what they must say about ME to people they associate with. Nevermind the fact that I'm working as much as I can and not only looking after my brother (his ONLY son whom they have as little to do with as possible) but also my Mom now and I have NO HELP to do stuff around the house that needs to be done.

I'm sure they probably complain about I'm over 40 and still don't have driver's license yet (I can't afford the instructor fees until I can get my federal refund and I'm still waiting on the IRS to get the Identity Theft mess straightened out.) I'm so sure they'll (Dad and stepmom) will find something to complain about, no matter how petty it is.

I could reach through the phone and just throttle him and her both.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• OMFG.

So for the past week, hubs was on call and working 6am - midnight on IT problems. Many that he actually *can't* solve because it's not an IT problem, but they somehow want him to put a bandaid over.

I was nice and did "Father's Week" and pretty much waited on him hand and foot/did all the chores, cleaning, chasing kids. Since he was so busy with work. Weekend was the same. Sunday I let him play Diablo 3 all day while I handled the kids/cooked. Of course then my daughter decided she didn't want to use the toilet and my son was throwing up all morning.

So today I ran errands did dishes, laundry etc. After picking up daughter and hubby I asked him if he could fix dinner for the kids so I could get some more housework done. (I'd actually like to watch tv with him tonight instead of having to work)

Nope he went off to do his own thing without telling me and then I was mobbed by screaming hungry kids while I'm trying to get stuff done. I call for him and no answer. Finally after trying to calm the kids down and get my chores done he comes out with a "wtf is going on" look on his face and when I say "honey I asked you to fix dinner for the kids" he huffed off.

Look, I just want 10 minutes to hang up your work shirts because you scream like a child if there's even one wrinkle. Is it so difficult to microwave some chicken nuggets?

Apparently it is.

Edit: I'm freaking pissed because I always go out of my way to make sure his "holidays" are special and I always get shafted on mine.
              Last edited by Kanalah; 06-18-2012, 10:54 PM.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Twenty One years ago this morning I gave birth to a 9 lb 22" baby girl that had a head of black curls and had the longest fingers I have ever seen on a baby. Due to complications with delivery, she let out a week cry and went into cardiac arrest. She only lived three minutes.

Today has been the worse day I have had in a while. This morning, on my way to work I got pulled over and got a ticket, I have cried off and on all day and now I just want to go to bed and cover my head.

Is there a corner here that I can hide in?

Comment

• There is always room over in this corner. I am very sorry for your loss *hugs*
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Joins Mytical hiding in the corner.

It has been a very bad day

Comment

• *Huge cuddles* I'm so sorry FCCR *Tucks blankets around everyone in the comfy corner and gently adds extra pillows*
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• I will be over in the other corner since i don't want to get people sick. But yes this has been a very bad day.

Throws the moose into the cuddle pile across the room.

And anyone know how to get my Aunt and my Grandmother to stop fighting? She is a stubborn one for 98
                        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Elspeth, as for me .. no worries. Not sure how much sicker I can get. Might have to talk to docs soon about home care. It is getting that bad. Once again a sleepless time thanks to Mr. Pain. He needs to get another hobby. On the bright side going early in the morning so somebody can look at my toe (to the ER). Two courses of antibodies, enough neosporin to stop an amputation bleed, and soaking it three times a day for three weeks..and it still is not healed and still looks rather bad.

Comment

• I feel like my spine jumped out of my body and did a break dance before getting hit my a train and thrown down a canyon. Had to leave work early tonight. Hoping it gets better.

Comment

• Aggh. I'm hiding in here until doing the same amount of hours over fewer days a week stops being a reason for not getting stuff done.
                              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• *breezes in and refreshes all of the blankets, fluffing pillows as needed, and tosses a few blankies in among th mix, 'cause sometimes you really need a blankie*

*refills the beverage bar and restocks the dessert tray*

Welp, other than my cats trying to kill my computer, things are going pretty ok for me. Despite their best efforts, I've managed to get away with just an irritating scratch right in the middle of my monitor. >_<

May all of the rest of your troubles be so slight that a scratched monitor is the biggest thorn in your side.

*hugs everyone that wants one and breezes back out*

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X