Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so sick of people at the moment. No wonder why I want to be a hermit. My dad never understood it. Yes, I would like to be a loner 95% of the time. Screw off.

Comment

• Aww! Poor Bex! *offers alcohol of choice, cigs, and chocolate*
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• FIRE

I was awakened about an hour ago to the smell of smoke. Our air conditioner caught fire. The fire department just left.

Comment

• Quoth FormerCallingCardRep
          FIRE

I was awakened about an hour ago to the smell of smoke. Our air conditioner caught fire. The fire department just left.
          I hope everyone's alright and the damage wasn't too extensive! *hug*

Comment

• No Air Conditioning or hot water. We are all fine. My cat is scared though

Comment

• Finally found my cat. She is still shaking. I can not go back to sleep. I am too afraid. Hubby is sound asleep as though nothing happened.

Comment

• *hug* You may be in shock. I hope you get some rest at least.

Comment

• Bex, I agree with you. I'm finding being around people is tiring and its getting worse now we have Olympic tourists as well now.

FCCP, *hugs* You are probably in shock. Glad everyone is safe though.

Andara, I am in hermit mode at the moment so mixing that with the weather and varied natural light we've had recently this could be part of the reason my body clock is so wacky. The other day we were heading to an evening event and it was "noon" bright at 6pm. The couple days before it was silly dark and dull throughout the day and it could have been 6pm at noon!
                  Last edited by Gizmo; 07-17-2012, 06:42 AM.
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• A little melancholy, and a little nostalgic right now. Nothing bad, but will be over here in my corner for a bit. Listening to some old time rock power ballads.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• well this day just gets better and better. Spend 5 hours cleaning up someone else's mess. Find out might have a job past 8/1 (and we have a trip planned and can't get out of now) and now my computer has gone DOA. and the hubby is being an ass.

I just want to walk away from my life. I hate it. i am done.
                      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• *hugs Elspeth*
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• yay computer isn't DOA. I am just an idiot. My card reader will not read my 16gb chip. I had left it in the drive. Wouldn't boot or repair with it in the reader.

Hubby is still being an ass.
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                            First and foremost...HUGE HUGE HUGS to everyone who needs them.

That said...tragedy struck today. My stepdaughter's husband (they were planning to divorce and were separated but still married) has apparently committed suicide. She is an absolute wreck and I am devastated for her and for his family. We really don't have much information right now but obviously this is a horrible thing to happen. He was only 24. 2012 has been just about the worst year ever...I might have to say 2004 was worse because it was the year my infant daughter died, but all that didn't start until August. It's only July right now and we have had so many bad things happen this year...and not just us, it seems like a bad year for almost everyone.
                            OMG that is just awful. Prayers and good thoughts going out to your family. Also many hugs.

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                            Finally found my cat. She is still shaking. I can not go back to sleep. I am too afraid. Hubby is sound asleep as though nothing happened.
                            Poor kitty! And poor you! Maybe if you both just curl up on the sofa, sleep will find you in its (and your) own good time. Myself, I would be going for a cup of herbal tea, or hot milk ... or something 90-proof, to help me calm down ...

As for hubby ... it's amazing how some people can just brush off something, as long as the roof hasn't actually fallen in!

Comment

• Feeling better, finally.

Hubs decided his way of taking care of me was yelling at me everytime I got out of bed. (Seriously, I just want to go to the bathroom) and then loudly cleaning the house. Enough that I feel bad about being sick and start cleaning too.

And now I have to dig out the kid's birth certificates...easier said then done. We went downtown years ago, paid a lot of money for 5 copies each of both certificates. Put them in a safe place...and now I can't find them. Need to spend time today looking for them - while also keeping an eye on my son and making a doll quilt and pillow for daughter and finishing a twin quilt top and getting started on quilting a queen size. Today.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Well waited 2 hrs in a doctor office just to be told they are not equipped to handle somebody with my medical problems. So..somehow some way got to make it to Cincinnati instead..and no clue how I am going to do that. Yay me.

Comment

Working...
                                X