Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ex gf really really needs to stop posting drama on my page. I already bitched at her about it once. GAH!!!!!!!

Comment

• *sigh* this week was supposed to be an enforced weeks holiday due to summer shutdown and give me back some "me time". Instead I spent two frustrating days at work waiting for access to a sites server for 20 minutes to do month end.

And have spent the last two days chasing after a prescription which first of all wasn't issued, now the drugs aren't available. Now I have to trapse the form back from the pharmacy, to the docs to get another one issued (with no guarantee of when) and trapse it back again.

Now I'm more "little miss sledgehammer" and stressed than I have been for months.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Today I have ravioli in a can from the 99p shop. (yeah I know, but, comfort food)

enough for everyone.And orange squash.
        Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

• Trying my hand at pizzas, they smell really good! Hopefully they'll pass the taste test...
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi
            Trying my hand at pizzas, they smell really good! Hopefully they'll pass the taste test...
            My mom makes amazing homemade pizzas. The dough and sauce is homemade. Then she'd put toppings on to taste. We used to have pizza every Friday night. One of the few things I miss from living with my parents.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• @d_w: That sounds awesome!

They turned out really well!
              I used 00 flour in the dough and other than the bases being a little thick, they were great and didn't taste like flour! (Something I always hated with the ones my mother tried to cook) They were crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. We had Hawaiian and an experimental one with the sauce + sweet soy chicken, eschalion, honey baked ham, mozzarella and cheddar. The girls love the pizzas and so does Rugz, and they're all picky eaters. *happy dance and shares yummy pizza*

Comment

• I'm glad the pizzas came out well.

That's it: roomie needs a job ASAP if only to get her out of my fucking face all day on my days off. When we're around each other for an extended time we tend to get rather hostile. I'm sick of fighting. In the last 12 hours alone we've had 3 fights. Gah. And I'm not inviting her to come with me on my runs anymore. That was the cause of one fight. (she is really badly out of shape and loves to walk so I asked her to come walk with me after I did my run)

Comment

• I feel like I am stoned when in reality I am sleep deprived. And will be until 12. Thats what I wanna do on my day off, sleep all day.

Comment

• *huggles Bex* I hope you get some sleep.

Comment

• I have found that the effects of sleep deprivation are very, very similar to the effects of taking LSD for me.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• 4 hours of sleep. Grr. Well, I can get to bed at a decent time. Overnights and then day shifts are just brutal together.

Comment

• Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                          My mom makes amazing homemade pizzas. The dough and sauce is homemade. Then she'd put toppings on to taste. We used to have pizza every Friday night. One of the few things I miss from living with my parents.
                          Why not start doing it yourself?

Really pizza dough is pretty much basic bread dough. If you plan ahead and make the basic dough the day before you can let it sit in the fridge for up to 3 or so days [it basically turns into sourdough] or you can frequently buy raw dough in the grocery store in the deli section, or you can get frozen bread dough and thaw and shape into flats for pizza. I hear that pillsbury now has pizza dough in a tube sort of like their biscuits or crescent rolls. No idea how it bakes up and tastes though.

I think we may make pizza tomorrow to try it out if htey have it in our local grocery.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Quoth AccountingDrone

Why not start doing it yourself?

Really pizza dough is pretty much basic bread dough. If you plan ahead and make the basic dough the day before you can let it sit in the fridge for up to 3 or so days [it basically turns into sourdough] or you can frequently buy raw dough in the grocery store in the deli section, or you can get frozen bread dough and thaw and shape into flats for pizza. I hear that pillsbury now has pizza dough in a tube sort of like their biscuits or crescent rolls. No idea how it bakes up and tastes though.

I think we may make pizza tomorrow to try it out if htey have it in our local grocery.
                            I may end up making it myself. Idk how I'd make the dough though (my mom uses a bread maker) as I'd rather not have to buy pre made dough. I may ask my mom if I can try to make it at her house one day.

Comment

• I love pummelling the dough, it's a great shoulder and arm workout + I get to take out my annoyance on something with a surprisingly delicious result. I think that I should make bread and pizzas more often. Why, yes...I am trying to avoid making bad puns.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
                                ...I am trying to avoid making bad puns.
                                That's well-bread of you.
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X