Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy cement mixers Shadow. Yeah there is plenty of room, and we are considering building a new 10,000 sq. foot addition complete with marble columns and olympic sized pool. Care to lend me a hand with the addition?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sure! We're going to need a full kitchen for baking muffins, brownies and cupcakes, and a walk-in ice cream freezer.

Comment

• *makes notes* This little fort is going to rival some cities when we are done.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• *sigh* My husband doesn't understand why I get annoyed when he tells me something is wrong with his car that makes its slightly sub-optimal (eg. overinflated tire on one side, tracking out due to stupid workmanship, fog lights turning themselves on and not responding to trying switch them off) I want him to get it sorted asap.

We aren't hurting for the cash and even if it makes it 0.1% less safe I want to sort it. I do not want my thoughts to be "well if only he hadn't put *that* off to the weekend/following month...".

I know people run their cars far less well for longer and I'm not criticising them btw.

*Eats all the bacon and moochs* *feels guilty and brings hot chocolate and marshmellows*
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• I want my old place back.

I am so sick of picking up after slob parents, whom, when I was growing up, if I dared drop something on the floor, it was an ultimate sin against God, but now that I'm an adult and living in their house as such, and I said I would help clean in lieu of rent.....every day I have to seemingly follow everyone around picking up after all the shit that falls on the floor, crumbs everywhere, NO ONE replaces the toilet paper, NO ONE takes out the garbage.....I come home from work and there is garbage on the floor because the garbage got too full.

Kind of like those horror stories in the Sucky Customers section....my fucking dad rocket shits when he uses the toilet, and he literally sprays shit ALL OVER the back of the toilet. Oh, and to boot, he pisses droplets on the floor EVERY. TIME. he pees. And he thinks it's hilarious. No one can get him to stop. And I refuse to stand on a floor of piss, so I do clean it up, and I refuse to use a toilet that is full of shit all over the back of the bowl and all over the seat. So I do clean it. I have to. I can't ignore it. It's too gross.

No one even cares if they make a mess while cooking or doing something. No one cares if they leave a mess after shaving in the bathroom. No one cares how dirty it gets.

It's finally (hopefully) the end of ridiculous heat. The only AC relief I've had is in my car, because it's "not necessary" in the house, because it "costs too much". But we have to have all organic food in this stupid house. But we can't have AC. We can have every light in the house on when my parents are home, god forbid there isn't light on in every room, but AC uses too much energy.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• @Blas: One of our ex-housemates was like that too and it reeked! I've smelt some pretty bad things but the stench of a longterm alcoholic's bathroom habits is in the top 5 worst. Wouldn't pick up after himself either. I'm sooo glad that he was lucky enough to marry an awesome lady that managed to help him become a neater, more sober person because he's a good friend even though he was a terrible housemate.

@Myt: We need trampolines, a bouncy castle, an ice rink, a snowy room and some slides... Pretty please?
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• I appreciate your sympathy, Mishi. It's good to hear from someone on the outside.

Most of the reason it happens that way, is because I think hitting the beer so hard for so long, his digestive system is pretty much a Slip N Slide as it is, and to boot, he doesn't even care to try to be decent about it.

I wish my boyfriend would get going on his basement apartment that he was going to fix up to rent. He's not the neatest person alive either (no one really is, by my standards, I guess) and he has two kids in the main house, but at least if I moved there, I'd literally have my own place where I could be all alone and keep it the way I wanted. But I understand he has to work on getting the house the way he wants it first, so I'm not going to push.

Now I feel so mean for making fun of my ex for never leaving his bedroom. If it wasn't for trying to save gas and money, I'd do like my brother and never ever be here other than to sleep or just do the original cleaning I promised. If I can't be at my boyfriend's and I don't have to work, I try to take long, long walks or find somewhere to go...or just sit in my room.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• So, still trying to find our balance after all the shit that rained down on us the last couple of weeks. Took wolfie out to his dad's in Houston and I'm thinking we're finally going to get a little better. Work sucks, but it's the last week of the horrendous season, and then it can smooth out.

Work has been slashing his hours, my job has been slashing my hours, to the point we thought we'd have to use all his PTO to survive. But we were holding on.

Yesterday, we found out his job would send him out of town, and we're thinking "Ok, great. Guaranteed 40 hours a week for a bit, that'll help. Turns out yeah, it's a while. 12 weeks. Three MONTHS. He's going to be gone three months. But ok, we should be able to do that. We find this out at 1 pm yesterday.

And around 8 pm, he gets the call "Your flight is at 6 am. Tomorrow"

He's in Ohio now. Somehow we have to juggle all the finances while he's gone with NO preparation and I'm crumbling. I didn't get any sleep last night, and I'm sitting on the couch right now, crying. I know I need to clean up the apartment, and whatnot, and I'm just....blugh. I know he's coming back, but since I moved down here to be with him, we've never spent a night apart.

I'm wibbling. And I'm crying. And I'm so tired. I got no sleep last night. He packed up and left at 4 am and I'm just sort of...listless. So I'm going to sit in here and cry for a while.
                  Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 09-06-2012, 02:07 AM. Reason: fixing the typos

Comment

• *wraps up lupo in a big big hug* Sweetie I am so sorry you are having a hell of a time. It will get better. Have a good cry, you need it. Here is a giant moose. He is good at listening and hugs, beware the sloth that is with him. The sloth is wicked fast, he doesn't understand his kin being slow.

Now go make a cup of tea (I bet you have some) and hug the moose
                    Last edited by Elspeth; 09-06-2012, 03:28 AM.
                    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• *makes Lupo a good cup of tea* Cry all you need to, you've had a lot going on and you've been so strong. *hugs*

Comment

• well, sobbed.

sobbed some more.

for a brief brief second, I had the futile hope that I could miraculously fly out for a weekend to see him!

Then saw the cost would be close to $900, which even if it were just a few hundred, we still couldn't swing it. Sobbed some more.

Got up, did a few dishes, but didn't make a dent in anything really, because we've really let the place go, all things considered. Right now, it's almost 11 pm, I need to be up at 5, and I can't sleep. Bed's too big and too empty. So, I'm going to curl up on the couch and hope for the best, I suppose.

One more cup of tea, and then hopefully, SOME sleep.

Comment

• If my insurance doesn't cover any of it, my ambulance bill is $720. I haven't gotten the ER bill. I still owe $1,000 worth of med bills from the beginning of the year. I have dental work that needs to be done, but I think I've maxed the insurance out for the year. I need to win the lottery.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Ok finished all the additions (Hey as my sig says I am a dragon, comes with magic..don't ask) including the requests. While I am in a building mood, any other requests?

Comment

• *comes in and sits in a corner*

Waved my boy off for his first day at his high school (that's from 11 yrs old for the UK) He's going from a village primary of about 70 pupils to a place with about 1,000.

I know it's nothing compared to what other people in here are facing, but... I hope he'll be OK.
                              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• *hugs Marmalady* 11 is so small for such a huge change. I hope that he does well and really enjoys his time there.

Comment

Working...
                                X