This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad start to Christmas Eve, we had to have another piggy put to sleep

She's been getting tired & slow the last few days & this morning had totally lost her energy.
    Now poor Cinnamon piggy is all on her own.
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• Finally had a poem ready again after almost a year or so of having a dry spell. Wrote it spur of the moment...and facebook ate it! GRrrrr.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Awww... Poor Myt.

Always copy anything important to your clipboard before entrusting it to the whims of online forums of any kind. Or write it in notepad and copy pasta it over.

I have lost many a long and researched post to evil forum gnomes and learned that lesson the hard way.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Quoth Cazzi View Post
          A sad start to Christmas Eve, we had to have another piggy put to sleep

She's been getting tired & slow the last few days & this morning had totally lost her energy.
          Now poor Cinnamon piggy is all on her own.
          Oh Cazzi, I'm so sorry. That's hard enough at any time of year, never mind at Christmas.

Mytical, I'm sorry to hear Facebook ate your poem. I've lost a few things to the whims of the Evil Cyber-Demons, but I don't recall any of it being particularly important ... thankfully.

Comment

• Can I be done with people now?

Had a few very close friends while growing up, who after high school moved to the coast for better schooling/jobs. I stayed here as I had no idea what I wanted to do (still don't). Every christmas or so, they come back to visit family, etc.

Each year, I send an email wishing them a merry christmas and that I'd like to hang out with them for a bit.
            Well, another year, another bunch of photos/comments of them in the local area with the same people they hang out with at the coast (also from here), and not so much as a phone call or email.

Comment

• Sakka - I know what you mean. Except those on the internet, which I never see, I don't have any friends left. Even family rarely comes around any more.

Tonight, I am feeling a bit useless. The pain is still on the low end of the pain scale, thank goodness..but sometimes my body just will respond. My right hand shakes (not my left..have not yet figured that one out) and neither will hold onto things sometimes. My legs do not respond when I want to get up..and shake when I manage too. I know people out there have it worse, but sometimes I just hate not being able to do much. Might as well be a bump on a log for how useful I am. It's been 3/4 of a year..my body should have mostly mended by now. I'll be the bump in the pillows over here.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• *discovers the fort and crawls in for the first time, bearing gluten free goodies and assorted cold medicines.*

No kidding I swear when I was on my way home from work today I was venting to the Fiance about work and since we're going to visit my bestie and her kids tomorrow I said that EllaBella and I might make a blanket fort and work will be lucky if I ever crawl out of it.
                And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Comment

• Looks like I'm spending New Years in hospital *sulks*
                  As soon as I start thinking
                  That I'm sensible and sane
                  The Random Hedgehog comes along
                  And fiddles with my Brain
                  (from card I got)

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Sakka - I know what you mean. Except those on the internet, which I never see, I don't have any friends left. Even family rarely comes around any more.

Tonight, I am feeling a bit useless. The pain is still on the low end of the pain scale, thank goodness..but sometimes my body just will respond. My right hand shakes (not my left..have not yet figured that one out) and neither will hold onto things sometimes. My legs do not respond when I want to get up..and shake when I manage too. I know people out there have it worse, but sometimes I just hate not being able to do much. Might as well be a bump on a log for how useful I am. It's been 3/4 of a year..my body should have mostly mended by now. I'll be the bump in the pillows over here.
                    Hm, when I did the consult with the Parkinsons research group at Yale, in the course of discussing my family and case with the lead doc he told me that one indicator of Parkinsons was the shaking did not start bilaterally even though it would end up bilateral. This was because the placques and damage to the nerves was not even - it sort of happened randomly.

If your shakes are due to a neuropathy, it is very likely that it is not symmetrical so it is worse in one area over another.

Not sure if this is the case, I am not a doctor, just a diabetic with genetically tied neurological damage, and chemically induced neuropathy.
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Quoth Lady Legira View Post
                      Looks like I'm spending New Years in hospital *sulks*
                      Oh noes!!!! Definitely not where you want to be. Just try to stay positive, mmmkay? Are they extending visiting hours so at least you can have someone with you?
                      And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Comment

• Quoth Company_Slave View Post
                        Oh noes!!!! Definitely not where you want to be. Just try to stay positive, mmmkay? Are they extending visiting hours so at least you can have someone with you?
                        Staying positive though a raging chest infection on top of asthma isn't the best thing to have. Two antibiotics on heavy doses and a sabutabol (sp?) nebuliser 4 times a day should kick it in the buttocks fairly quickly!

Probably not but the nurses are a nice crowd and most of the other people are friendly though one has Alzheimer's, so sad.
                        (from card I got)

Comment

• Quoth Lady Legira View Post
                          Staying positive though a raging chest infection on top of asthma isn't the best thing to have. Two antibiotics on heavy doses and a sabutabol (sp?) nebuliser 4 times a day should kick it in the buttocks fairly quickly!

Probably not but the nurses are a nice crowd and most of the other people are friendly though one has Alzheimer's, so sad.
                          So stay positive in a calm manner which won't increase heart/breathing rates. And I would ask them about the visiting hours. If they have a family lounge they may be willing to let you ring in the New Year there with a loved one or two as long as it stays calm and quiet.

Comment

• So my antidepressant is fucking up. After only 2 months too. And I'm probably suffering from rebound migraines from taking so much sumatriptan. My sister, who has an ever worse migraine syndrome, suggested looking into a preventive med for my migraines.
                            I'm just glad I have an awesome group of friends and loved ones. They've been keeping me sane through my recent lows and increases in pain.
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• In severe pain for the first time in a long time. Had a very rough night last night. Maybe got 2-3 hours of off and on sleep. Not sure what made if flare up, my sugar is lower then it has been for awhile (which is good). Anybody have an axe? I have a couple of legs I need to get rid of *sighs*

Comment

• Glad I'm home but being damn near critically ill does rather take it out of you. Can barely walk across a room without feeling breathless and/or tired.
                                (from card I got)

Comment

Working...
                                X