Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really a "curl up in the corner" moment, but I've been told that my Grandma broke one of her hips recently and is going to get moved into assisted living. My mom is soon getting up there to prepare Grandma's home so it can get sold.

So I'm not so sad about Grandma moving, since we've seen it coming for a long time - I'm just miffed about the fact that I can't afford to travel along with Ma Zel and helping her with the difficult and emotional task of getting rid of her childhood home. That's all.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

• *Stumbles in, passes out salted caramel chocolate bars and passes out* Too sleepy have not slept for 3 nights and am getting cranky.

Comment

• Ouch. I was startled by the alarm, and on my right side (usually I'm on my left or back). I jumped up and wrenched my shoulder. I work at 4:00, so I tried to call in as soon as I could. They are resistant to letting me off. I physically should not be doing my job tonight. That's why I called early. They're going to call people, but I'm supposed to call in a couple of hours to let them know how I am. I felt like saying, "I'm telling you I can't work. That's why I'm calling at 9:30 am." But I didn't because it's not going to work to say that anyway. If I have to go in, I'm making a big deal of how much pain I'm in. If customers complain, I shouldn't be there anyway. duh.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• For the first time since March..I am pain free. I will enjoy it while it lasts, had almost forgotten what it was like. No clue why, don't care. Just going to be here passing out goodies and fetching things for those who need it.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• That is awesome Myt! *hugs and chocolate for everyone*
            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Yay Myt! You deserve it.

Got some disappointing news today: my brother, who withdrew from one of the military academies (back in the spring of 2011) with 6 weeks left for medical reasons, just got word from them that they are going to formally discharge him. We were all hoping that they'd let him finish his studies and go on to be an officer. Ever since my brother was a kid he wanted to be in the military. To follow in our dad's footsteps. We aren't even sure if he can re enlist. But if he can he will. He's been training his *ass* off since coming home in February. Good thoughts in his direction please? This is what he wants to do.
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Well, I lost my job of six years at Wal-Mart on September 26th of 2011. In two days, it will have been a full year of no work whatsoever. I didn't even qualify for unemployment. So, I was trying to get disability while looking for work, until I finally gave up looking for work in August based upon not having any phone time left, not having any money for busses anymore, not having even one interview in the entire time of joblessness, and waiting for my disability hearing to determine my future.

Today was the day of the hearing, and I had nothing but barriers in my way in trying to get everything I needed together for it, the same as I've had nothing but barriers in my life whenever I attempt to do anything. The final barrier was transportation. My brother said he'd help me, since he can drive.

Well, I get up, I get ready... the time for the hearing comes and goes, and he never shows up. I had to walk to a payphone to call the Social Security office and report I'd be late to the hearing. The secretary didn't even pick up until the hearing had ten minutes left to go before it started.

So, that was my last chance to survive. My books, my little side business, everything I've ever tried has been a failure. Now, once again thanks to my bloody family, I'm ruined.

I can't keep this up. How am I supposed to survive on no income at all? Isn't a year more than enough? I can't take this anymore.
                Last edited by Kristev; 09-24-2012, 03:35 PM.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• Update. It seems they had the hearing without me. Now my representative wants to meet.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• @Kristev: I hope that you get some good news.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
                      @Kristev: I hope that you get some good news.
                      Seconded. I really hope it works out for you Kristev.

Comment

• @Kristev: I too hope you get some good news. You seems like you could use some. *crosses her fingers for you*

Comment

• MIL is in the hospital and not doing well. They removed a large tumor from her neck, gave her a tracheotomy and found tuberculosis in her lungs.

Hubs is wanting to get a job in DC and move back there. He applied for a bunch of jobs last night and never said a word to me.

He was snotty to me when I expressed my concerns about it this morning.

I strongly suspect he's going to file for divorce today.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Oh dear! *massive hugs for Kanalah* I hope that you'll be okay if he does.

Comment

• *hugs* Kanalah. I feel sucky kinda wondering if it would be better for you if he did the way he's been treating you lately. It might just be he genuinely didn't think you'd have a legitimate input in moving... he's shown he's a bit like that before. :/
                              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• *hugs Kanalah* Oh, what I wish I could say to your hubby.

Today I found out my birth control is free! Woohoo. Roomie and I now have $12 to get a treat maybe (I'm thinking icees and corndogs at the c store).
                                And I went to the dentist for the first time in about 4 years. I have no cavities but I have a consult in 2 weeks about getting my wisdom teeth removed. One is halfway out and I want to get them removed before they become a bigger issue and before I get much older (I've heard, on this site even, that the older you get the worse it is). Thankfully I should be able to get them removed towards the beginning of a week off (I work 7 days and then am off 7).

Comment

Working...
                                X