Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a stay-at-home mom. My husband typically works 60-90 hours a week, so it's all me, all the time.

My mom usually takes my son one weekend a month; I drop him off Friday night, turn around and drive home, and have to go back to pick him up Sunday morning. So I get, on average, one day off a month where I can spend a whole 24 hours doing what I want to do.

This Saturday morning my mom calls and tells me my son is coughing his lungs up and is crying for me, so I switch off the movie I was watching, throw some clothes in a bag and drive two hours to get to her house, where I am spending the night as I don't want to make my sick child travel.

It's much pettier than other problems I've read about here, but I just want to cry. My toddler has been in a difficult phase lately and I feel cheated that my one day a month I get to myself has been yanked away. Staying at home is harder than I ever imagined- I don't get vacations or sick days and I am on call 24/7. I feel terrible for Khan as he really is sick, and I feel guilty that I resent having my very scarce alone time taken away.

Okay, time to stop whining. I hope everyone else is feeling better!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• @AnaKhouri - Don't feel guilty! I completely understand what you mean, and it's okay to feel that way. I'm blessed with a little more me-time a month, but it's virtually non-existent during the school holidays. I wouldn't mind, because Jazzy is pretty awesome to chill with and it means we get some one-on-one time, but when my in-laws have made a huge deal over having the girls visit more over the holidays and then failed to deliver, it makes me a little annoyed. Especially since everyone else in the family just dumps their kids with whomever they can and take as much time for themselves as they want, regardless of whether the kid is healthy or not. *grumbles*
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Can I crawl in and stay awhile? Had a biopsy on Wednesday, will get the results early in the week. My GP (based on an ultrasound) says it's almost definitely cancer, my gyn says could be, but not a surety. And the anti-anxiety meds they prescribed won't kick in for another week or so......

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

• *crawls in and collapses*

Stupid brother and his stupid dogs... they decided to get into a fight, so we had to pull them apart. Thankfully, no injuries, though one has a small bite on his leg...

But I wrenched my back helping to wrestle them apart. >_<

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• *goes around handing out chocolates, peppermints, eggnog, and/or hot chocolate to those who needs a bit of cheering up*
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• crawls in and falls in a heap and cries

This week has sucked. Monday was a horrible day. Tuesday we lost our last horse. He was 28 and we got him when he was 12 weeks old. We saved him from going to the auction, and we traded 6 bags of grain for him. I have had horses since I was 5 or 6 years old. And now we don't have any. It was heart breaking.

I am just going to huddle here for awhile.
              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• It is never easy to loose a member of the family, even one with hooves. Especially after having them for such a long time.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Have come down with something. Don't know what, probably a cold. Sinuses are stuffed, have a huge headache, and sore all over. Ugh. Had started to feel better last night, but today is not so good.

Comment

• Thanks Mytical. It is hard to think we don't have horses anymore.

I hope you get better soon.
                    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Going to come n here and hie under some quilts. It has been a very emotional day today.

Comment

• So everybody is playing 'Pass the Buck' with my medicine. Pharmacy says "Doc didn't ok it", Doc says "I authorized it", back to pharmacy "Doctor didn't authorize it", *curses* Lack of planning on my part..but this pass the buck is getting old.

Comment

• The first of your posts I read was what happened in a pharmacy. o.O
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Migraines.

Yay.
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Can I hide in here with my teddy bear until Little Bits gets home safely this evening in this snow storm?

Comment

• Sinus headaches and 100°+ fevers going on day 2, while I have to be at work because the bosslady is going to be out for the next two weeks. >_<

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X