Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Kitty-Girl and I come in and hide for a while? She's convinced that petting her cures stress.

First week of January, a badly-done filling finally gave up and fell out, and I ended up needing emergency surgery to the area as well as a crown, to repair not just the filling but damage done to me when I was a kid. That's not even done yet, still waiting for the crown.

Tonight, I kind of think I managed to break another tooth, and unlike the last one, it actually hurts. I don't know what to do since tomorrow's Sunday, and I'm scared because this is going to max out my insurance benefit for the year already. I don't even have the strength to think about the two new tires I need, or the bills due next week. I know it's just the emotions and stress and I'm being absurd, but I really don't feel worth any of this expense right now.

Comment

• Maria, you are worth far more then that. Money can not buy happiness, and I am pretty confident you bring happiness to quite a few people..and at least one furbaby..(don't know how many you may have )..so in that aspect..you are priceless. There are many more aspects you probably have that also make you priceless..I just don't know you well enough to list them all.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Aw, thank you, Mytical. Of course you're right, my rational side knows that darn well. I'm just too weary to trust that knowledge tonight, I guess you could say. Things will get better tomorrow or the next day, and I'll chuckle at myself for getting so worked up, but life sucks right this minute.

I'm really thankful for everyone here, though... it's so nice just to have a community to be a part of, where everyone's welcome to be real, even on the bad days.

Comment

• Ugh. Hubby is driving me mad right now. He can see how hurt I am and yet doesn't believe or want to listen to how much he would hurt me more if he upped for another year on a volunteering project we've done but been treated badly on this year. I've said it every way I can but he doesn't listen and just thinks I'll 'get over it'. I swear he belongs to the camp that thinks depression is just lazyness and bloodymindedness and not anything real.

I'm not even asking that we/he don't do the event in future - just not as volunteers but actually as attendees. Especially since the effective pay rate works out at less than £1 an hour after costs incurred directly due to the volunteering.
          Last edited by Gizmo; 01-27-2013, 10:15 AM.
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Quoth Maria View Post
            Can Kitty-Girl and I come in and hide for a while? She's convinced that petting her cures stress.

First week of January, a badly-done filling finally gave up and fell out, and I ended up needing emergency surgery to the area as well as a crown, to repair not just the filling but damage done to me when I was a kid. That's not even done yet, still waiting for the crown.

Tonight, I kind of think I managed to break another tooth, and unlike the last one, it actually hurts. I don't know what to do since tomorrow's Sunday, and I'm scared because this is going to max out my insurance benefit for the year already. I don't even have the strength to think about the two new tires I need, or the bills due next week. I know it's just the emotions and stress and I'm being absurd, but I really don't feel worth any of this expense right now.
            I have heard from some friends that Orajel or something similar will help numb the area and lessen the paint temporarily.

Comment

• Fark migraines. Especially migraines that recur each day for a month.

And! Just because this isn't AWESOME enough, I'm crying. (February is not my favorite month.)

I could just cry in frustration over this double-layer migraine sundae.

Also, internet/fumbly fingers, STOP EATING MY POSTS. Grrr. (This is the 3rd version of this post. )

Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM. Reason: adding
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• I donated plasma today. My fifth time, i believe.

I got a needle going too far into my arm, again. This is the third time this has happened, and yes, I've gotten injured every other time I've been there.
                Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Had one of those days today.

Didn't sleep well and had to get up early for a IT course I'm doing which went fine but I got out later then I wanted to because I had some errands to run. At errand stop one they had a queue and I had to put up with two brats one of which kicked me by accident even though I was sat a reasonable distance away. I then walked out and as I was passing the gardens slipped and ended up on my hands and knees. Thankfully a very kind lady helped me up and over the the coffee shop, she made sure I was okay and bought me a coffee. Then as I was waiting for my mum she checked on me a couple of times. Mum took me to errand two and went and got my parcel while I waited in the car when she got back she tried to turn it on but no go. So I ended up catching the bus home after all.

Tally from the fall - Slightly bruised hands, aching wrists and elbow, ankle is painful but not badly and a very annoyed knee (had to be the bad leg)

As soon as I start thinking
                  That I'm sensible and sane
                  The Random Hedgehog comes along
                  And fiddles with my Brain
                  (from card I got)

Comment

• Spent last night with one of those awful bugs -- fever, chills, headache, scratchy throat, you know the list -- and decided this morning not to go to school. Today's class is run by the *ahem* program coordinator -- it's actually a lab. So I emailed her twice at 7:30 this morning, once to tell her I wouldn't be in and could I make up the lab (perhaps attend two labs next week?) and a second time to give her the info on my retail placement choices, which I was supposed to hand in today.

No response to either email as of 4:30 p.m. Somehow I'm not surprised ...

My biggest worry is that I visited Mom on Monday, when I must've been incubating this. I sure hope I didn't pass it along to her.

Comment

• Damn. I'm sitting here crying right now about what I'm going to miss by not attending an event even though I know its best to stay away. Of course hubby either hasn't noticed my misery or is going around with his fingers in his ears to avoid actually facing the discussion over the fact he is still going.

I feel betrayed by the fact he won't even acknowledge the oddity it causes. I feel like he's more loyal to this event than his own wife. And I feel stupid for caring too.
                      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Worked my ass off today cleaning up after people who don't give a shit. Then when I felt sick and needed to lie down (stomach bug). Guess who sent the kids in to ask questions every 5 minutes? And then sat on the computer with headphones on and didn't get the kids in bed until I dragged my puking butt out of bed to make sure the kids were in bed?
                        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• makethenoisestopmakethenoisestopmakethenoisestopma kethenoisestopmakethenoisestop

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• *peeks head in, then runs in, furbabies in tow, and flops down*

It's been such a stressful couple of weeks. One of our pharm techs is out because her husband had incredibly dangerous spinal surgery, so she's on LOA while he recovers. Bossman has known she would be leaving since before Christmas and did not arrange for a floater to replace her. Also, this week, the other cashier, Motormouth, is on vacation. Again, she has had this put in for MONTHS, and again, he did not arrange for someone to take her shifts, but is instead 'borrowing' HIPAA trained cashiers from up front and their schedules conflict with mine to where I'm leaving for the day while the cashier is going on lunch, so techs end up on the register to relieve us anyways. It's a nightmare. Last Friday a customer got me so worked up that for only the second time in almost three years, I had to walk out for an extended break to calm down. Also, the tech whose husband had surgery . . . came home with him to find their cat wheezing and acting strange, and they thought he had asthma so the vet gave him prednisone. It turns out he had some sort of infection, and he went to Rainbow Bridge on Monday. He wasn't even that old, and these are great, great animal lovers. That wasn't a cat, it was a family member, and the last thing they needed. We're just heartbroken for them right now.

And on a personal level . . . gah. I'm bemoaning my singleness at the time being. Things fell apart pretty quickly with the geeky guy I had the fling with after we had the contraceptive disagreement. But I kind of miss it. Maybe not necessarily him, since he turned out to be a very strange and slightly scary human being, but I miss the things we used to do together, if you take my meaning. I wish I had someone just to cuddle with, if nothing else (although other stuff is . . . fun), but someone for keeps and who is willing to be seen with me in public.

My birthday is next week and I have nothing planned. Blah. The feels
                            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

• Poor jezabel is hiding in the bedroom, buried deep under the comforter because we have a new cat, named 5 who is harmlessly cowering in his own box in the living room recovering from getting his nads whacked off and filled with shots from being vetted yesterday afternoon [it is the middle of the night].

Why 5 you ask? this is the box he is cowering in. When he emerges I will try and get a couple good pictures of him.
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• So cute. And shouldn't he be named 5e?

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X