Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an ear infection...again...in my left ear...again...less than 11 months since my last one and less than 8 since I had to go to the ENT to have it vacuum cleaned. It's all thick and itchy and every so often it hurts >.O it's not like you can whip your ear canal out like you can with tonsils after recurrent infections. It's not the terriblest, it's just really annoying...

And I so agree on the hug moshpit. Line a sports hall with soft foam and pillows.
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

• As someone who gets ear infections...I know how much they suck. Just a few little drops of water, and I'm deaf on my right side. 35 years of this crap, in fact Since I get them so often (I have one now, in fact), I've quit going to the doctor. Why pay him $100 or more to tell me what I already know? But, I've found that chewing gum helps to drive the fluid out
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• Quoth protege View Post
        As someone who gets ear infections...I know how much they suck.
        Me too, had a lot of them as a child and I often think that for sheer misery, they're worse than toothache.

As for the hug moshpit - remember the thread where we were creating our CS.com town? Could have a permanent one installed in the town community centre....
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• I was 1 number off from the winning ticket in the $1 million lottery draw on the 4th.

EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Ugh. I just received a letter from some shady 'law' firm (basically a zombie debt collector) claiming an intent to sue for an old debt from 2009 or so. While I don't deny that the debt is mine, the issuing bank refused to work with me--and ceased any reasonable communication--when I realized I couldn't keep up the payments and contacted them. As far as I can determine, it was sold off...I don't even know when (it's not showing up on my credit report currently). The only thing I can do is ask mom if the disability trust lawyer knows anything I can do. Her take is to ignore it, but I'd just like to get some actual legal advice just in case. I really really cannot afford to get sued. I'm having enough problems rebuilding my trashed credit (5 years ago it was excellent, when the grandparents died we ran through mom's savings and mine trying to keep the house) without this.

All I want now is someone to drop about $5K in my lap, no strings attached.
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-07-2013, 02:04 AM.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Maybe we should all pitch in for the next Powerball lottery ...

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              I was 1 number off from the winning ticket in the $1 million lottery draw on the 4th.

Aw, man, that seriously sucks! Better luck on your next try!

To my amazement, I've had five consecutive shifts at the shop this week. Good, right? Not so, alas ... The first two were during "good" shopping hours and my numbers were great -- awesome, in fact, on the first shift. The remaining three are "closing" shifts and except for very rare occasions (and Christmas) those shifts are lousy. And next week I have four shifts -- and three are closing shifts. Ugh.

On the bright side, I've now rectified my error of the past two days ... driving around without my driver's licence ... It's back in my purse where it belongs, LOL.
              Last edited by Pixilated; 07-10-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• *Splats in* The last couple of days haven't been the best, Mum got taken in to hospital because of chest pain (She has breast cancer and has been going through chemo). She has a known heart condition and at first they thought she may have had a heart attack, then after a chest xray they saw some air in her intestines so they thought it might be a tear in the bowel.

They did an op to sort it out find out all is well (Also no sign of any cancer around there ), So back to the heart attack theory. She has been poked by a few more doctors who decide to do a CT Scan to check her lungs for blood clots. All clear on that front too So I think the latest theory is that a few things combined. tiny tear in bowel that healed before they got there, major angina attack and possible infection from being on chemo and having a low white blood cell count.

Rang earlier and they said her stats were improving and she was giving the nurse instructions on what to tell me So she must be feeling a bit better.
                Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• I am glad your mother is on the road to recovery
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                    I am glad your mother is on the road to recovery
                    Looks like she'll be off ICU this afternoon
                    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• I MIGHT be a little over medicated right now
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Ulcerative colitis. Gastritis. Hiatal hernia.

That's on top of hypertension, diabetes and congestive heart failure.

And the cherry on top is hemorrhoids.

FML.

Comment

• Yikes. Does not sound pleasant at ALL.

Comment

• Great. Supposed to be going back to work on Tuesday and for the last few days or so I've had my lodger and hubby telling me that what I thought I said wasn't what I actually said. For example slipping in a 'not' to a positive sentance to make it negative etc. Thing is that I'm not hearing it myself so can't correct it.

I only deal with accounts that bring in millions to the company each year (and one is half a million per month) so now I don't know what to do about it.

I want to go back however if this continues I could really muck some things up.
                            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• I was surprised yesterday to get a response to my latest sick note - and now I find out why. They are setting me up ready to jump through the 'occupational health' hoops and to go see the company doctor. Shame that that guy is not a good doctor...
                              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• So....um...I....might...be a father soon...

My wife said she wasn't able 100% sure, but we will find out Monday
                                Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X