Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... dinner with the in-laws is going well. We brought over some steaks we got from a buddy. The Husband started to cook the steaks. Then he set the steaks on fire. Then the whole grill. Then the house. And burned his arm, which looks awful but it's really minor, far as actual flame-burns go. And yet somehow the thing that angered his dad? That I called the fire department, like my firefighter-granddad always taught me. I freaking give up trying to understand these people. (I hope this posts right, my phone is going psycho.)

Comment

• Yay root canal.

Yay lack of dental coverage.

Yay in general.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your root canal and your lack of insurance. One is bad enough without the other.

Quoth Maria View Post
        So... dinner with the in-laws is going well. We brought over some steaks we got from a buddy. The Husband started to cook the steaks. Then he set the steaks on fire. Then the whole grill. Then the house. And burned his arm, which looks awful but it's really minor, far as actual flame-burns go. And yet somehow the thing that angered his dad? That I called the fire department, like my firefighter-granddad always taught me. I freaking give up trying to understand these people. (I hope this posts right, my phone is going psycho.)
        What was your FIL expecting you to do ... merrily go on with the barbecue while the house goes up in flames?? Run out and get marshmallows?

Comment

• Had dinner with mom and Gma the other night.

And the stupid broke my brain.

So with Gma's Alzhiemer's when it gets dark she freaks the hell out if she's home alone. No biggie except that Mom can't get day shifts at her job. She's asked her boss and they just can't do it for whatever reason. I'd go over there when I could to "babysit" as my mom calls it. And she'd have to go home halfway through her shifts a lot lately.

On top of that, my sister's car broke down and she asked to borrow mom's car until hers was fixed. This was in March, and the car still hasn't been to a shop. So mom and Gma are sharing Gma's car.

So mom told me that it was getting to be a lot of trouble taking care of Gma because of the Alzhiemer's and she decided the best thing to do was quit her job and take care of her full time. She can't afford a home nurse for the evenings and if Gma goes into a nursing home, Mom will have to move out of Gma's cottage and back into her hoarded house that Sis is living in.

My brain just BSOD'd when she told me this. Like WTF woman? How are you going to pay your bills? She's 4 years away from taking early retirement at work, so she's not going to retire, just quit. Uhm...she's still paying the mortgage/bills/etc for her hoarded house that sis lives in, plus helping to pay Gma's bills.

Does she think that *I* am going pay her bills? Because we are stretched thin as it is. I guess she just thinks that welfare will cover everything for her and she can spend her days having fun. (They just got back from a 3 week trip to Florida with my sis. We didn't even know about the trip until the day before they left.)

It's just one stupid decision after another with these people. I'm over here with my beer.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, have you asked your mother (ever so casually!) how she's going to manage, financially, if she quits her job? I mean, it's good of her to be willing to take care of your grandmother, but ... there's also the practical side of it. Unless she plans to make some drastic changes regarding her house and your sister, I can't see this working at all.

The nighttime thing seems to be common in people with dementia; whatever their problems are, they seem to intensify once the sun goes down. I'm not sure why.

Comment

• I do hope you're not going to acquiesce to their upcoming demand that you pay her bills...

The night-time thing maaaaaaay be partially explained by us being a diurnal species, perhaps?
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

• right.. spent most of yesterday trying to convince my husbands girlfriend (yeah, I didn't know until she blabbed it..) I'm not angry with her that he couldn't be bothered to check in and let me know he was still alive....
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Can I have a do-over on this week? Please? At least someone tell me what deity I pissed off and what I have to do to rectify it. This is the most stressed I've been in quite awhile, the apartment is a mess and I really should do some picking up before mom comes home...I haaaaate morning shifts with a passion.

My scheduling requests are being/have been ignored. If you expect me to be available whenever you want, then PAY me enough that I don't need 3 other part-time jobs just to cover my bills. Two people that I know of have quit over this very issue in the last month; a few others have managed to restrict their availability in some way that the store can't override easily.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• *curls up in the corner*

I'm so scared for my great black dragon. I want him well, and I want him home.

Myt wouldn't hurt a fly. It's just not bloody fair.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• *comes in and curls with Marmalady* I have strong shoulders. I can bear a lot. It would be nice to have a break for a bit though.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• 4 migraines in four days. I've not been able to eat anything other than bread since Monday or so. At least Gatorade and Mountain Dew stay down.

Whose Cheerios did I poop in?
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• *hugs* Hope you feel better soon.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• That awkward moment when some troll says all your portraits look like The Toxic Avenger.
                            I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• I will just be over here in the corner. My legs are in a lot of pain, not wanting to work at all, and it is making me wonder what good I am to anybody. I often wonder how people who have worse problems have the strength they do. I know there are people with worse medical problems then I.. I just get sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Comment

• *comes in and heads straight to the corner where Myt is, bringing pumpkin pie and milkshakes, and snuggles up next to him* I'll be here in the corner with you, no matter how long for.
                                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X