This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just in A Mood all of a sudden.

I'll be over here throwing things at other things.

Comment

• :: makes sure Kia has a hefty stock of stuffed animals and a padded room ::
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

• *hands KiaKat magical items that smash with a satisfying sound and then dissolve*
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
          ... praying that my mother doesn't show up on my doorstep. *hides*
          I've heard that all the unforgivable curses in Spanish start out "Su madre..."
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• So do all the jokes my husband's been telling lately
            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• I made some chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing for tomorrow and ended up with a bunch of extras. Anyone want some? The icing is delicious--sweet, but not teeth burning sweet, and it's fluffy and creamy.

Comment

• *pokes a hand up*

I'd like one, please. I need something to mollify my brain. The fluffy kitties aren't doing it tonight.

Comment

• /BE noms cupcake
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• So, I got my Fiance Final Fantasy XIV for his birthday. I had it shipped to him on the very day it came out. He's already cancelled his subscription, but he might try again in a year, when they get all the bugs worked out.

Dammit, then WHY beg for it for months if you KNOW that it's going to suck for the first few months?!?!??? There's a lot of things I coulda used that $75 for, y'know.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

• My boss called around noon. I didn't get to the phone before it stopped ringing, and I immediately silenced my ringer and didn't call him back. He was probably trying to call me in tonight. It's my day off and I REALLY don't feel like going in tonight. If he asks Thursday morning, I'm telling him I was sick, which is partially true...some stomach bug is making me feel icky.

Also, I bring pizza. The supermarket had these really nice-looking take-and-bake pizzas on sale. I have traditional meat-lovers and another one with ham, bacon, and three different kinds of cheese.

Comment

• Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                        If he asks Thursday morning, I'm telling him I was sick, which is partially true...some stomach bug is making me feel icky.
                        Why should you have to tell him you were sick? It's your day off. None of his business what you do with it. You were unavailable and you shouldn't have to explain why.

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          Why should you have to tell him you were sick? It's your day off. None of his business what you do with it. You were unavailable and you shouldn't have to explain why.
                          QFT. Your boss already controls you while you're at work. He shouldn't control you while you're not there. I know this doesn't always happen, but it's nice when you can leave work at work and not worry about it.

Anyone have any tea they can share? I'm stressed and out of tea. That makes for a sad TPM.

Comment

• Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                            Anyone have any tea they can share? I'm stressed and out of tea. That makes for a sad TPM.
                            I have some Harney & Sons peppermint (it's decaf). I'm happy to share.
                            Actually, I think I might get some myself. Woke up with a sore throat this morning (and just yesterday I filled out the flu shot release form and said I haven't been sick recently ). It's better than this morning but definitely still there.

Comment

• *happily sips BE's tea*

Comment

• Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                                QFT. Your boss already controls you while you're at work. He shouldn't control you while you're not there. I know this doesn't always happen, but it's nice when you can leave work at work and not worry about it.
                                Yeah, and honestly, my boss doesn't care. It's corporate above him that has issued the ultimatum that, if you are called in, you are required to work, or else you can find another company to work for. Now, sometimes I don't mind the overtime and am willing to work, but the past couple of weeks I haven't gotten my full time off. Rather than answer the phone and make an excuse, I simply didn't answer. If they can't get a hold of me, they can't call me in. I just dread the inevitable "Why couldn't I get a hold of you?" that's gonna be asked when I get back.

Comment

Working...
                                X