Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then you need to be getting paid for being on call.

That's just.... wrong.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

• Quoth technical.angel View Post
      How'd they manage that?
      He wanted another Piggy Back after I came inside from doing something. He stood on the edge of the couch and dove onto me. But I was moving away from his, so his hand grabbed onto the buttoning on the back, and ripped if off.
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• *crawls back into the blanket fort, bearing stuffed animals, various movies with much eye-candy, and sugar. Lots of sugar* Can I just stay here until Friday?
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

• *creeps back in with a large fruit bowl*

I've been missing for a few days & there's pages & pages to catch up with!

And I have to go & get weighed today .. Don't wanna go
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• Quoth technical.angel View Post
            Then you need to be getting paid for being on call.

That's just.... wrong.
            This.
            ----------

I will just be over here napping.

*grabs a fuzzy something to cuddle.*
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Yes... If they expect you to be on call, tell them you expect $X / hour for each hour you are "officially on call" and that you will not be answering your phone when they call you, unless you are "officially on call" and being paid as such.

Comment

• Quoth RestaurantDude View Post
                Yes... If they expect you to be on call, tell them you expect $X / hour for each hour you are "officially on call" and that you will not be answering your phone when they call you, unless you are "officially on call" and being paid as such.
                This is how it should be legally handled in my state, and it's a very pro-business, anti-worker's rights state.

I'm just going to hide from my test tomorrow in the corner over here.

Comment

• Sooooo....Mom was in a car accident this morning, and I didn't even know about it until 7:00 tonight. She's got some internal bleeding/bruising around her kidney that they have to watch for the next few days, so she's in the Critical Care Unit. At worst, they think, she may have to get some blood.

It's times like this that I hate living so far away. I'm heading down to see my Fiance tomorrow, and she sent a message that I'm not to change my plans. However, we're going to drive up on Saturday...hopefully she'll be in a room by then and we'll be able to actually see her.

I'm just...yeah.... GUILT.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

• *Gasps and hugs AdminAssistant* Hope your mum gets better really quickly! *Shares yummy chocolate*
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Aw, Admin! I hope she's OK!

Comment

• Admin... *oodles of hugs*

*hides in the corner* Just...leave me alone here for a few days. I have a supply of tea and sweets. If someone has a heating pad though, that'd be greatly appreciated.

I hate being female. Ow.

Comment

• *hides under BE and Lupo*

OH GOD I'M NOT READY!

The interview tomorrow is for a SERIOUS management position at a store *easily* 10 times the size of mine...and with $3,000 bottles of wine!

*hyperventilates*

Comment

• Quoth KiaKat View Post
                            *hides under BE and Lupo*

OH GOD I'M NOT READY!

The interview tomorrow is for a SERIOUS management position at a store *easily* 10 times the size of mine...and with $3,000 bottles of wine!

*hyperventilates*
                            Good luck! You'll do great!!

Comment

• *cuddles Kia*

you'll do FINE!! Just remember to breathe, and remember that you know your shit.

Comment

• Talked to my sis a while ago, and she said Mom was doing pretty good, just complaining about not being able to drink water and worried about her car. Dad's taking her cell phone up to her tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get to talk to her.
                                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                                X