This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
    Add a craving for ice cream or pho (my comfort foods, not at the same time )and that sounds like me when I'm exhausted and/or stressed. I hope Oregon is a break/vacation for you.

Thanks! It will be a nice break we get to see our best friends and go to their Halloween party. And I am betting you are right about the exhaustion and stress.

And I will third Washington. And firecat I wish you could remember that name too.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
      And firecat I wish you could remember that name too.
      My mom might remember the name of it. I'll have to ask her when she gets home from work. All I remember of it, really, is that it was in downtown Seattle, the building itself was at the top of a hill, and the bakery part of it was only one part of the building. They also sold various little knick-knacks.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

• My awesome heathens are being awesome-ish today. (With the exception of the huge mess they made in their rooms...)
        hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
        1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
        2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
        3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

• *cuddles laptop*

It's sick. I'm trying to make it better, but I may have to take it to a laptop doctor. Random BSoD started happening the day my TrendMicro trial ran out and I also installed the Scrivener Windows beta. So I dunno if I had a lurky virus or if Scrivener completely boned my computer.

Comment

• Kaylyn, before you take it to a laptop doctor, head over to the Tech Support subforum (inside unsuportables).

Since you not only know what a BSoD is, but can type it correctly, I think you're more than competent enough to follow our directions to get it fixed.
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

• Wooo back from the honeymoon, and just in time, I was starting to need a vacation from that vacation. Don't get me wrong, it was great, I just am not used to getting up in time to make a shuttle that only goes to a park at opening or walking around all day until said shuttle comes back at park closing. *Need Rest*

Somewhat related note: somebody needs to pass me some soup. My sinuses are not happy with this whole "driving through a bunch of states in one day" thing that hubby insisted on doing (we did the drive down in two days and that didn't seem to be a problem), so now my head hurts from the pressure and my throat hurts from the drainage.

Comment

• Feeling really depressed again. And I know it's because of the convention that I'm going to this week. I'm going to be surrounded by people I know from the larger anime convention that I used to work at.... and not only people who attended, but people who staffed with me.

So I'm not looking forward to going to the convention this week anymore. But I promised people that I'd be there. But the main person that I promised to be there is working at the convention, so I'm not even going to be able to spend much time with him.

It sounds stupid to say it, but that convention was my life. It was the one place that I felt loved and accepted for who I am. I worked my ass off and felt useful. I felt like I belonged. But I pissed off the wrong people and didn't play politics, and I got suspended from staff.

And it still feels like someone ripped my heart out of my chest. In all my life, I only wanted to belong. I never belonged growing up. I don't belong anywhere now. I have no family, no place. I'm alone. And when I finally found somewhere that I felt like I belonged, it was taken away.

And yes, I've tried working other conventions/events/etc and there's nothing that feels like that. I don't enjoy working other departments... the only one I enjoyed with the security-type department that I was part of. And no other local (or close to local) convention has a group like that.

There are many days where I honestly don't care about living anymore... I don't belong anywhere and I don't deal well with being alone. I'm not going to go do anything like kill myself, but I wouldn't care if I didn't wake up.

For now... I'm just going to curl up in a corner here. Sorry.
                "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

• *cuddles Wenchie* You belong here, I know it's only cyberspace, but it's still a community.
                  Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
                    *cuddles Wenchie* You belong here, I know it's only cyberspace, but it's still a community.
                    Thank you. But unfortunately it's not the same.
                    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

• *Hands Wenchie a stuffed dragon*
                      For the cuddles.
                      If I could, I would come visit you and we'd find you something fun to be involved with.
                      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

• Work all night tonight, then court all day tomorrow, unless I can squeak out of it
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• Quoth blas View Post
                          Work all night tonight, then court all day tomorrow, unless I can squeak out of it
                          Oh dear, I noticed sleep is nowhere on that list.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Nope, not until court is over

Can't afford to take time off. The best I can do is let my boss know tonight that I may be a couple of hours late tomorrow night if court lasts all day. It's only open until 3 or 4, so even though it wouldn't be a lot of sleep, it'd be better than being there until say 5 or 6.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• *hugs to all*

Will someone PLEASE let me have one whole day of peace and quiet?
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Becks View Post
                                Will someone PLEASE let me have one whole day of peace and quiet?
                                If you find someone who's giving those out, please let me know so I can have one too!

Work stinks lately. Constant lines of customers, fabric bolts piling up to impossible proportions, people still in the store after closing, the whole store trashed and not nearly enough closing people to get the place up to Corporate's standards. And now they're sending spies to find out how we're doing.

I came thisclose to quitting tonight. If we didn't need the money so badly...

:curls up in the most comfortable part of the fort with her kitten and tries to sleep:
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X