Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a black one shoulder dress with a side slit and roman sandals. I picked up some gold ribbon to tack along the neckline and some coin jewellry. I found a collar for cheap at a costume store and have a gold necklace that I can turn into a headdress so I'm going as Nefertiti. I'll do the egyptian cat eyes and put on gold makeup to acheive the exotic look.

Comment

I'm going as "Roman Numeral Five" as I suport a certain image board's ongoing crusade against one "religious" organisation and they use the aforementioned character's mask as an emblem of sorts in their activities against it.

Hope that wasn't too cryptic or Fratchworthy; had to make it secure so that I would remain somewhat safe from the organisation, which I've heard goes to great lengths to retaliate against its opponents.
      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Semi-Elphaba-styled witch here. I found a really cheap ball gown at Goodwill to use for the skirt (top was white so I cut it off and hemmed the thing) with petticoats to fluff it out, I've got a long-sleeved top to wear, and then a cape/scarf arrangement for around my shoulders/down my back. Hat on top and voila!

Oldest is going to be a princess complete with miniature clip-on crown made by yours truly (sparkly pipe cleaners and fake flowers for the win).

Toddler is going to be a cowgirl.

Hubby couldn't think of a good costume, but he found a Halloween-themed Hawaiian shirt at Goodwill, so he's going to do a Halloween-themed beach bum (khaki shorts, sandals, etc.).
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Excellent! My favorite doctor! Do you have a reaaaallllly long scarf?
          My friend made herself a scarf (13 feet long) and had enough leftover yarn for Khan's. At its longest, the original scarf was 16 feet. But Tom Baker was 6"3, and Khan is 2"6, so we figured 5 feet was more than long enough. Plus shirt, sneakers, jacket, pants, sweater vest and hat.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

My boys are going as Mario and Luigi. My 4 yo has been practicing his 'it'sa me Mario' for about a month now.

I have an Elizabethan dress and I made myself a snood/caul to go with it. Already went to a party and had someone ask me if it was victorian era... sigh and then when they got out the karaoke I got asked if I was going to sing something from gone with the wind to go with my costume....

As for my husband I really wanted something period correct for him to match me, but by the time he agreed to dress up, options were really limited so I good will'd it and tried to find stuff to make him a pirate, but that didn't work so it looks like he'll be a cast away, just need to distress the stuff today.
            It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth Indigo View Post
              I've got a steel-boned corset
              I'm jealous.

Quoth BarbieGirl View Post
              sing something from gone with the wind
              Did they expect you to sing "Dixie" and/or "Marching Through Georgia"?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                You could add a witch's hat and broom and go as a Witch Doctor...

I am so totally doing that next year.

Speaking of, the local uniform shop has great prices on scrubs. I got a cute top with some paisley and some maroon pants to go with. I also picked up a stethoscope with pink tubing. The place also does special orders on cosmetic contacts, so at some point I totally have to get some of those just for the hell of it.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                  I'm jealous.
                  Most people don't believe me when I say that it's actually pretty comfortable to wear all day. (Which I will probably be doing all day Saturday). I do love the cleavage it gives me.

Interestingly enough, my mother bought it for me for her Renaissance wedding a year or so ago. Gotta love a wedding where you can wear a corset and a hot pink fox tail.

Comment

Quoth Indigo View Post
                    Most people don't believe me when I say that it's actually pretty comfortable to wear all day. (Which I will probably be doing all day Saturday). I do love the cleavage it gives me.
                    My corset is steel boned denim made for me by my former guildmistress. I've slept in that thing. My back loves it.

My favorite stupid human trick while in corset or bodice is to show that I lace tight enough to bounce a quarter off my chest.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I used to have a neighbor who wore corsets under her business suits to give her a good line. A friend of hers also had them specially made and was able to train her waist to somewhere around 20 inches.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I used to have a neighbor who wore corsets under her business suits to give her a good line. A friend of hers also had them specially made and was able to train her waist to somewhere around 20 inches.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Today ends "Spirit Week" at work

Today I am dressing like a random fantasy character, more like a feminine Link (sans hat...never found it)

I have a green tunic dress, brown leggings, brown boots (I needed new works shows anyway), plastic sword (think bringing the real one to work would have been a bad idea), tin cup, pouch, and water skin. I rule
                          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I got told today that we are allowed to dress up for work, so long as we follow a few common-sense basics: no masks/face coverings (they gotta be able to ID the employees that screw up, after all! ), no gory/sexy outfits, and nothing that would interfere with regular work duties (i.e., no awkward props or clothing that could catch or get in the way).

So, I have decided that I shall be dressing up as my favorite fictional character.

Half the fun will be in confusing the hell out of everybody, because virtually no one will know who I'm supposed to be. If anybody does guess it right, I shall be very pleasantly surprised.
                            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

So here's a list of the costumes from last night's Halloween Party I went to (today is the 31st in Ausland, but we had the party tonight so we could all relax)

-Someone dressed up as Gumby. Yes, gumby. Full body suit and all.
                              -We also had a Joker mask (comics, not film). Although it resembled a KISS band member when he poked his tongue out.
                              -Urban Gorilla: This one I nicknamed. The guy wore a gorilla suit, but the back didn't fit him, so he left it. He had a hoodie on underneath, so I nicknamed him the Urban gorilla.
                              -Naughty cop.
                              -Creepy witch thing.
                              -Slutty schoolgirl with two plastic guns.....(I honestly don't know what her costume was meant to be)
                              -Naughty nurse.
                              -Female pirate.
                              -Vampire (we had a couple of those)
                              -Alice in Wonderland

I can't remember the rest.

I actually joked at one point about an easy Halloween costume: dress up in black, whiten your face with flour or something similar and then add some glitter. Get it? You're a Twilight vampire!
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I hung out with my friends while they got ready (and tried to help a bit).

They were:
                                - a flapper
                                - a peacock
                                - Pat Benatar
                                - Medusa
                                - a 1920's flapper
                                - Thanksgiving (long story, but it was awesome)
                                - and a Twi'leck. She had the hardest time with the blue makeup she was using, but it looked really good.
                                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                                X