Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, tonight I'm enjoying a beer that I've had once before, with bad results.

Bad Habit Brewing Red Ale.

The first time I had it was when they first opened up. It was awful. It was sour and bitter. I'd wager there was an infection issue.

I was there on Saturday, and found out from a friend that it was good. I decided to pick up a howler, and he was right. They fixed the issues with their first batch. This is a delicious beer. I will gladly have it again.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Well, I normally don't drink in the morning, but, since I'm not working today, I thought a lighter beer would be a good post breakfast snack.

Mankato Brewing and Angie's Popcorn Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn Ale.

This beer pours a murky golden color. The head was very thick, but dissipated fairly quickly. The nose is somewhat sweet smelling. The beer is fairly mild tasting. There's some sweetness to it. There's a slight citrus feel to it. Not bad. It would really taste good on a hot sunny day.

Good beer, and I hope it's not a one time release.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• I've been away too long. I hope to start posting reviews about beer, wine, beer, rum, and beer some more in here, and hope more of you will do the same. Also welcome are stories about brewery tours, distillery tours, vineyard tours, winders tours, tastings of any of your favorite drinks (I was at a wine tasting just the other day, and came away with a lovely bottle of Argentinian Cabernet), beer or wine dinners or pairings (or similar events with liquor), or really anything you might want to share involving our favorite drug, alcohol.

Cheers!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

• Saison du BUFF from Stone, Dogfish Head and Victory Brewing. This one was bottled by Stone.

This beer pours a nice golden color. It is very bubbly, but the head was minimal. The nose is very interesting: There's a lot of aromas that I can't describe, but it is very pleasing. The taste is very light feeling at first, then the flavor kicks in. There's a slight tartness to it, very slight. There's a citrus feel as well. This is a very complex beer, with a lot of flavors I haven't experienced before, but I do like it.

Comment

• Sorry it's been so long since I reviewed here

Prairie Artisan Ales Apple Brandy Barrel Noir
            This beer pours very dark, pretty much pitch black. There is minimal carbonation in this beer, and no head. The nose really is strong with the smell of the barrel. You can also smell that this is a very strong beer. The taste of it is, well, for a second it didn't taste strong. There was hints of apple, then the heat from the alcohol hit. It has a rich, complex flavor, which, isn't hidden by just an overwhelming alcohol feel, or taste. This is another very delicious offering from Prairie, and a beer I highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
            X