This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth firecat88 View Post
    Also, the question. Never before have I heard something that was both so facepalm-worthy and so fracking brilliant at the same time.
    QFT

I, too, was expecting a ganger before we brought back the robot. But I realized pretty much at the beginning of the episode what the solution had to be.

I have to say, that episode would have been really disappointing if it had been the ultimate solution, but it left enough hanging that I was very happy with it.

My personal favorite funny: "We got married and had a baby, that's her."

I also was quite amused by the Doctor as Indy.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

• Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
      I also was quite amused by the Doctor as Indy.
      Me too...and I loved that funny as well!!
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        My theory spoilered:

The Tessalecta can change shapes and even reproduce a motorcycle, has a miniaturization ray, and who knows what else. I think the regeneration effect was well within its capabilities, especially since it wasn't going to be a proper regeneration, just a special effect.
        That seems to fit.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

• Ahhh, I hadn't thought of it that way before. Makes sense to me now.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Tick tock, goes the clock
            Counting all your sins
            Tick tock, goes the clock
            The Doctor always wins.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Some spoiler information follows as I pose these thoughts to my fellow Whovians:

So The Doctor did marry River, but didn't actually give her his name. But we know from the Library episode with the Tenth Doctor that, at some point, he really DOES tell her his name. Also, why, precisely, did he marry her? There seemed to be no motivation on his part to do so, really. When it was happening, I figured it was some machination to help with his dilemma, but it wasn't necessary for anything that followed. So...why? Correct me if I'm wrong, but no other iteration of the Doctor has gotten married, have they? Also, think about it...he had far more emotional ties to Rose than he has (so far) to River, but he never came near marrying her, or even taking their relationship that far, but he clearly loved her dearly. If he didn't marry Rose, why marry River? Regret? I find it hard to believe that after 900 years (700 traveling time and space in the TARDIS, if I remember correctly) he had not had such inclinations before.

And with all that
              said, when, if ever, are we going to see the Doctor's Daughter again? She was a firecracker, that one.

Tick tock, goes the clock.
              Moffat throws the bait.
              Till Christmas we will wait.
              Last edited by Jester; 10-04-2011, 03:29 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                And with all that said, when, if ever, are we going to see the Doctor's Daughter again? She was a firecracker, that one.
                Last I heard, David Tennant was dating the actress who played her

Quoth Jester View Post
                Moffat throws the bait.
                Till Christmas we will wait.
                Perhaps we should have a contest (or just a thread) devoted to our own versions of that lovely little Tick Tock ditty...
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                  Yes, but I wasn't asking about the actress, but about the character on the show.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                    that would actually be his wife, and if I remember hearsay properly (remembering the validity of hearsay), she is also really the daughter of one of the actors who played the doctor (so quite literally the Doctor's daughter )
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      that would actually be his wife, and if I remember hearsay properly (remembering the validity of hearsay), she is also really the daughter of one of the actors who played the doctor (so quite literally the Doctor's daughter )
                      If I recall correctly, she's Peter Davison's daughter. Who happens to be David Tennant's favorite Doctor. (The geeking out that Tenth does in "Time Crash" when he meets Fifth? That's real-life marking out right there.)

ETA: While I'm thinking about it...

Toward the end of the episode, when Amy is talking with River and she mentions what she did in Area 52 (spoilers: killing Madam Kovarian), she asks River, "What does that make me?" Was anyone else thinking, "It makes you River's mother"?
                      Last edited by Jay 2K Winger; 10-04-2011, 02:11 PM.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• A quick check on the net turns up the (unverified) news that Moffett is, in fact, the daughter of Peter Davison, that she and Tennant do have a child together, but that they are engaged, not married, and are looking to getting married next year, perhaps on New Year's Day.

But that still does not answer my more important question...when will she reprise her role as Jenny, the Doctor's Daughter? It could be quite hilarious to see her interact with Eleven, I think. Especially in light of recent developments and revelations with River, Amy, and Rory.

Don't ya think?

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                          Yes, but I wasn't asking about the actress, but about the character on the show.
                          I know, hence the winky guy at the end of my reply there

I do agree, though, she was a great character and I wouldn't mind seeing her back.

Comment

• Um, first Doctor had a "granddaughter" in the first season and first 2 shows of the second.

Oddly enough, I have seen many parts of "An Unearthly Child" online, though it takes a lot of hunting and rummaging.
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Okay, I'm a bit miffed at BBC America. As I was checking online to see when the Christmas episode would air, I discovered something surprising.

Apparently there have been/will be some "mini-episodes" which we in the States are not getting. At least, I haven't seen them. They certainly are not On Demand on Comcast, and I don't recall seeing them at the end of any my DVR'd episodes. So, can someone please tell me why we are not getting them, and more importantly, how and where I can view them.

Of course I am referring to "Space," "Time," and "Death is the Only Answer."

Still A Customer."

Comment

• pirate Bay, or demonoid are torrent sites that you might be able to get them from, also how long are the mini episodes? youtube might have them, that's how I found a few "extra" here and there, like Ten geeking out to his older self.

By the way, River's Timeline, and I feel like I need to watch the episodes in the right (River's) order now

Video of River's Timeline. Spoilers! behind the cut
                                Last edited by Dasota; 10-06-2011, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X