This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Midnight12 View Post
    going to try and get foot of fabric for those who wanted to but couldn't send or for whatever reason, the only possible problem would be the personal message. sorry not so good at measurements, what would be needed to at least have even enough squares for a few others?
    Most cottons are going to come in at 45" wide, so a 1/4 of a yard would be enough for 5 people. When you wash it, it will shrink up about an inch overall if it's cotton.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Count me in.

*Looks for some pawprint fabric*
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I think this is a brilliant idea. Count me in!

I have some of my clan tartan at home. I will see if I have some spare that I can send. (most of it has gone into hubby's kilt and my cloak)

Alternately, I have a couple of old plaid shirts that between my mum and me have travelled most of the globe. Another trip to the US wont hurt them
        "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
        "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
        "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Here's mine:

I wanted to do a MN themed one, but found the cat fabric and it was so *not* girly, but still cute, so I changed my idea around a bit.
          Attached Files
          "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

This is a great idea. I'll look for some fabric too. Is there a date that you need all of these mailed in by? (Sorry if I missed it.)

I've been making sketches for a small oil painting... though I don't know what I'll do with it afterwards. I may just put it up for grabs on here for someone who would like it as a way to remember him unless someone has a better idea. Just feel like I need to make something as a way of processing everything, I suppose.

Comment

You're more then welcome to join in if you'd like. Ideally I'd like to get in fabric from most people before August 1st.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I picked up some fabric at Wal-mart tonight. So definitely count me in.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm in. I'm sure I can get to JoAnn Etc. before August...(too bad my Walmart doesn't carry much fabric anymore...) This is a wonderful idea.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'll be going past a Michael's today. I'll go by and see if I can't find something.
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

getting three squares from me, one from myself, one for Mishi and one from a friend from facebook. trying to get a few more for any that want to add some but can't ship from overseas or for WHATEVER reason

Comment

I wasn't able to get any fabric today.
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

was at walmart where they converted the fabric section to a craft section and saw these

(not my walmart)
                          Creative Cuts
                          would these be more helpful or make it worse as i forgot to write down the details, don't know if they are pre-shrunk and look more like sewing craft stuff than for quilting however it looked like you COULD quilt with it if you wanted. Being unsure I figured ask about it before purchasing.

Comment

My Mom is getting my fabric today.
                            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'm pretty sure those are not preshrunk. it could be either a fat quarter (an 18" x22" piece of fabric) or a 1 yard cut (a 45" x 36" piece of fabric)

I haven't really been in a walmart to look for fabric in years.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

got a yard of this today because if there is left overs I want to keep them. couldn't find a good plaid pattern at hobby lobby that wouldn't drown out the sharpie ink.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X