Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so sad right now

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • teh_blumchenkinder
    replied
    Hm...
    You seem to have done well (ie 'not whiny' by my account) in the post that briefly enumerated/touched on your woes. What I did when I seemed to develop a cycle of failure (classes X_x) I went to a counselor and he told me to write the classes I took out onto paper, what grade I got-- and to write down what was going on in any given class and semester. This is to see any patterns, and to see what could be done for any given instance/problem.
    Your life is much bigger, but perhaps something like that would help.
    Remember, a gym is not necessary to start exercising-- if that's even a problem.
    Most women/women usually appreciate when the man/men in their life(s) open up and tell them what's going on-- much like the ladies in said woman's life. It's well-known that two is stronger than one, and a three-braided rope isn't easily broken, or whatever that verse is. Point is, we are stronger together. It's simple to say, maybe even trite, but I mean this: Here's pulling for an upswing.

    EDIT: general boredom: what do you like to do? what's stopping you from doing it? Go to the library, maybe they have an inter-library loan system, so you can get darn near any book you can find?
    Volunteer work 1) gets you out of the house 2) gets you out with people (usually) 3) looks great on resumes/shows you aren't a lazy butt 4) does good for the community 5) has the potential to make you feel better about yourself.
    Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 07-14-2011, 08:14 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ArcticChicken
    replied
    *puts a hand on each of Pony_Boy's shoulders, looks him in the eyes* Everything is going to be OK. *hugs* (I'm told I give very good hugs. It's because I hold tight and am squishy)

    Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
    I can't let my girlfriend see the cracks in my armour because she would panic and start feeling bad for me which would make me feel even worse which would make her feel worse and so on.
    This is where I was going to give you MoonCat's advice, let me just add that letting my BF be there for me, and being there for him makes our relationship stronger. It's not uncommon for me to start crying when he's hurting, or vice versa, but that's OK, I hold him until he's done, then he holds me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Food Lady
    replied
    MoonCat, that's great advice.

    Leave a comment:


  • MoonCat
    replied
    May I make a suggestion? Feel free to ignore me if you don't agree, you know your situation and I don't...but, maybe you should share a little of your pain with your girlfriend, just to let her know that you're feeling kinda rough right now. Someone who cares about you would want to know and who knows, she may even have some ideas on how to help. Remember that old song, "I get by with a little help from my friends"...that's us, but it's also your GF...

    Anyway, I hope things get better soon! You can always come here to vent.

    Leave a comment:


  • ShootMePlease
    replied
    NEVER be sorry for feeling the way you do. If it's important to you and affects you, then it should be addressed by you. I think we have all been in a tough state mentally and emotionally at one point in time. We are here to listen and help

    Leave a comment:


  • csquared
    replied
    I can't tell you how many letters I have type up, then hit the delete key. It is good therapy. Sometimes reading them over makes you realize how petty the problem is. Sometimes it is good to vent even if no one else reads it.

    I'm just glad that I have one of those old, heavy duty keyboards. When I get pissed, I tend to take it out on the keys.

    Leave a comment:


  • draggar
    replied
    Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
    but after 3 or 4 tries, I can't even do that without it becoming a nonsensical whinny mess I'm just really in a rough state right now mentally/emotionally and I'm not sure how to deal with it I just want someone to tell me its going to be ok
    I think we're all allowed to make posts like that here, no worries.

    As for what's going on, you'll get though it and come out of it a stronger person.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pony_Boy
    replied
    Thank you all for your kind words

    Between being unemployed with no prospects, financial issues, relationship issues, personal issues, physical issues, emotional issues, future plans getting derailed, and general boredom its getting harder and harder to keep up a "brave face" I can't let my girlfriend see the cracks in my armour because she would panic and start feeling bad for me which would make me feel even worse which would make her feel worse and so on.

    This type of situation was "cute" when I was 20 years old now i'm 28 with plans and responsibilities I'm to old for this shit !!! for the last 10 years my life just seems to follow the same cycle it gets great! then crashes to shit! it climbs back up to great then crashes again with little logic or reason I'm not just sick of it I'm exhausted too

    Leave a comment:


  • LillFilly
    replied
    Things will get better, just hang in there. Feel free to talk to us about it. Heavens knows I've been where you are.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kanalah
    replied


    I've been in some pretty bad places myself, so I can tell you one thing that is 100% true.

    If you're at the bottom, the only place left to go is up.

    And if you need to talk, feel free to PM me, I'm logged in pretty much all the time.

    Bad things happen in life, sometimes really bad things, but there's people here willing to lend an ear, a virtual hug and all the digital booze you can handle.

    Leave a comment:


  • Amina516
    replied
    How about a stiff hug and a soft drink? IDK what youre going through, but i hope things get better for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elspeth
    replied
    *many hugs*

    I have a feeling I know where you are right now, since I think I am there too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikkel
    replied
    It isn't a competition, your hurts are as valid as anyone else's.

    It WILL probably be ok.

    Leave a comment:


  • katie kaboom
    replied
    Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
    I just need a hug ....and a stiff drink
    Here ya go!

    Leave a comment:


  • Squeaksmyalias
    replied
    *tackle hugs* Everyone is allowed to bitch or whine, no one can always be strong all the time. But it will be ok.
    PM me if you want to chat, I am quite fine with reading nonsensical whinny messes, I even translate them. Or if you just want to get your mind of it that works too, I can be random and weird while chatting, I hear that helps sometimes.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X