This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <death glare to H. Irene>

Okay, Hurricane Irene. Its time you and I had a little talk.

You see, you're scheduled to make landfall at NC on Saturday. Which, you probably knew coincidentally is the day we get there for the ONE vacation I get this year.

I'm going to put it as nicely as possible, Irene.

If you don't haul your windy butt back out into the ocean, and leave NC alone this next week...I'm going to falcon punch you in your hurricane FACE.

Ya get it?

Leave NC alone, or

I'm watching you..... <death glare>
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

As gutsy as it is to threaten a hurricane all Chuck Norris style, I must remind you (as Ron White said) that it's not THAT the wind is blowin'........it's WHAT the wind is blowin!"

*ducks*
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      As gutsy as it is to threaten a hurricane all Chuck Norris style, I must remind you (as Ron White said) that it's not THAT the wind is blowin'........it's WHAT the wind is blowin!"

*ducks*
      You have a point!

Comment

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Sorry, Seraph, not laughing at you, but at all of my friends.

"Dude, Hurricane Irene's coming here!" To which I have told all of them, "No it's not."

How do I know this?

Simple.

From the very beginning, Key West has been smack dab center in the middle of the Cone of Death (the projected path), and that tells me from experience that the hurricane is going somewhere OTHER than Key West, as those projections ALWAYS shift. And every single time Key West has been in the center of the Cone of Death early on, the hurricane has NOT come to Key West. I only worry when Key West is on the edge or completely outside of the Cone of Death.

But from moment one, we were in the bullseye...and now, as Irene approaches, suddenly, "mysteriously," she has shifted and projections have her going north. And Key West, late in the game, is no longer in the Cone of Death.

But I wouldn't worry, Seraph. Weatherman Jester, who is more right about these things than the freakin' Weather Channel, is hereby predicting that Irene will do one of two things: continue to shift to the right, eventually blowing out to sea, or alternatively, hit upper Florida/Georgia and be nothing more than a few storms in the NC area.l

Of course, don't take my word for it, as I have only ever made predictions about storms as they pertain to Key West. My NC abilities might be completely suckass.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Look like she might be a Cat 3 and still is projected to hit the Carolinas on Sat. Still a bit early to safe, but there is nothing wrong about being ready for her. New England looks to get rained out on Sunday.

Ugh....really wish I did something with my meteorology degree. (I was going to study tropical weather)
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Irene, she's only got one dress
            And she's only got one nightgown.
            When they blow off the line on Saturday night,
            Irene is the squawk of the town.
            Irene goodnight,
            Irene goodnight,
            Goodnight Irene goodnight Irene,
            I'll wist you in my dreams

(thanks to Greg Brown & Karen Savoca w/ muddlefictations by ds)
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              But I wouldn't worry, Seraph. Weatherman Jester, who is more right about these things than the freakin' Weather Channel, is hereby predicting that Irene will do one of two things: continue to shift to the right, eventually blowing out to sea, or alternatively, hit upper Florida/Georgia and be nothing more than a few storms in the NC area.l

Of course, don't take my word for it, as I have only ever made predictions about storms as they pertain to Key West. My NC abilities might be completely suckass.
              XD I can only imagine what the Carolinas are doing, still. IIRC, after Hugo, every time someone even mentioned "hurricane", grocery stores would be empty in HOURS.

I really am hoping it blows out to sea, because augh, I really, really need this vacation. ><

Comment

"Go Back Irene... or.. get.. punched in the spleen..
                At this mo-ment.. just leave E-VERY-THI-I-ING.."

Comment

Eh my family has weathered quite a few storms in the OBX, we seem to have bad luck with the weather when we go later in the year but we only leave if there is a mandatory evacuation. Our cottage is 3rd row from the beach in Corolla (well right outside of Corolla anyway) and the worst that has happened is the destrution of the screen door on the porch and one of the glass sliding doors getting cracked so a bit of water damaged the carpet.

That being said a lot of the building codes have been relaxed since my parents built their place back in the 70s and a number of the newer places seem to suffer more damage (especially flood damage on the first floor which you didn't used to be able to have much of anything on) so it really depends on the place you are staying.

Comment

I just can't get over the mental image of Seraph Falcon-Punching the hurricane in the face. I want to see that!
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      I just can't get over the mental image of Seraph Falcon-Punching the hurricane in the face. I want to see that!
                      You probably will get to.

Just got the notification that our vacation area is definitely under a mandatory evacuation, with no word on when it might be lifted. They also wanted to remind us that our money is nonrefundable...

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                        They also wanted to remind us that our money is nonrefundable...
                        Of course.

Well, I hope your weekend is a good one, regardless. We're currently getting people panicking up here about Irene (all the way in CT), but it's generally been Hubby's and my experience that the more people around here panic about something like a hurricane or a blizzard, the less actually happens. So we're not sure yet whether or not to worry.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I haven't seen panicking yet...just the topic of the office now.

I think I'm all set. Filled all my water bottles. Have tons of non-perishable foods. Will fill the tub. Have flashlights and head lamp. Full tank of gas. Bought an extra cat carrier just in case. (needed a 2nd one anyway). And beer.

Again, be smart and safe to all in Irene's path.
                          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                            Just got the notification that our vacation area is definitely under a mandatory evacuation, with no word on when it might be lifted. They also wanted to remind us that our money is nonrefundable...
                            That's kind of crappy of them.

Quoth Cat View Post
                            I think I'm all set. Filled all my water bottles. Have tons of non-perishable foods. Will fill the tub. Have flashlights and head lamp. Full tank of gas. Bought an extra cat carrier just in case. (needed a 2nd one anyway). And beer.
                            You filled the tub....why? Just in case the water out of the tap later isn't potable, I am guessing?

By the way, I am chuckling at all your preparedness. Why? This:

You'll get some wind and some rain. And that's....it.

Care to bet that beer?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              That's kind of crappy of them.
                              Yep....but nothing to do for it. We weren't the ones who originally made the arrangements, so I didn't realize it.

Quoth Jester View Post
                              You filled the tub....why? Just in case the water out of the tap later isn't potable, I am guessing?
                              Oh lord, when I was in Charleston, that was the big thing, filling up tubs with drinkable water. Heck, they even recommended filling any extra sinks with it, and to fill up any clean bottles we had. Hugo really, *really* scared them straight. We had classes in school that were all about what to do in hurricanes, and I remember each year, getting drilled on the tub full of water stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X