Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any time it warms up, doom is on its way.

We're out of the negatives and single digits, but of course, when temps go above the teens, that means..........SNOW. Or freezing rain and snow.

Tomorrow night, freezing rain/snow mix. However, they are more focused on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, as a worse system is supposedly approaching.

I'm so sick of this shit. I really am. It took nearly a week to clean up just the few inches of snow we got a week ago, my parking lot is glare ice, sideroads are glare ice.........and now, it's time for winter cake making. Ice under snow under ice under snow under slush under ice.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
      Fifties down here would send everyone indoors panicking about the hole in the ozone layer opening over South Australia

(Hint-we measure our temp in Celsius)
      Heh. I'm from Arizona, and I have seen 50C, which is 122F, which happens to be, if I recall correctly, the hottest temp Phoenix ever hit. Again, if I recall correctly, that was June 26, 1990. Fun day! (No, not really. Even for me it was just way too hot.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

• Forecast around here says we're supposed to be in the low 40s, high 30s for the next few days, with drizzle/rain. Should melt what little snow we have, but I am worried about it getting icy. We'll see! I can't decide if this is going to be a short winter (given that we have, so far, only had some 3 or 4 inches of snow and the temps haven't been bad) or if it's gonna bury is in January and keep us buried until fucking June!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Meh, we're under an ice advisory, but I'm not too worried because it will be well above freezing by the time I have to go to work, and the system is more to the east. There were just a few drops on my windshield a few hours ago on my way home.

I'm more worried about Wednesday/Thursday than anything. Starting as rain, turning into snow overnight.

I really don't want to miss work, even though I have time to cover for it, I'd rather not lose money if I didn't have to. Especially even though I know I can call if I have to, I will have to be careful that I don't waste it, lest we finally get our annual huge dumping sometime between next week and January 1 (when I will have more time to use if need be).

I am hoping this is the worst of the worst. In all honesty, I'd rather have the bone chilling, lung hurting cold, because at least then, there's no moisture for the air to work with and make snow out of. Can it snow? Oh yeah, anytime. But does it snow when it's freezing? Not really.

January in this part of Wisconsin is usually dustings and an inch or two here and there of snow, but mostly just spending most of the month below zero. Two or three years ago, we were below zero 28 out of the 31 days of the month. It sucks, it hurts, it wrecks your hair and skin.....but I'd still take that than 30 degrees and the risk of a blizzard.

I hate to be Debbie Downer but every time it warms up, I worry. I just know there's a system coming, and then a deep freeze afterwards. So screw it. I'd rather just let it be cold and not do anything else.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• Well, it's 45 and gorgeous outside, which means, of course, that the biggest snowstorm of the season is headed my way. It looks like it will hit the whole state, and I think it will be that wet, heavy stuff we hate. My back doesn't need this.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• And of course it has to come on the one day this week I'm scheduled to work.

*grumble mutter mutter*

Actually, and I fully expect to be hunted down for this, I was kinda hoping for some snow. Why, you ask? Because my company's DC is trying to purge out all the winter stuff like snow shovels, sleds, and what not, and it all seems to be coming to my store, and getting stuffed in backstock on top of the huge quantities of that stuff we had to begin with.

I will need to go out to do a little shopping later. I'll see if the apocalypse shoppers are out.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• I'm watcing Little House and Charles said, "Winter was over a month ago. There were flowers in the windowbox when we left home. Too late in the year for a blizzard." Yeah, that's gonna be us in March/April. Irv, I expect some sightings postings from you.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  I'm watcing Little House and Charles said, "Winter was over a month ago. There were flowers in the windowbox when we left home. Too late in the year for a blizzard." Yeah, that's gonna be us in March/April. Irv, I expect some sightings postings from you.
                  Might be us down here too . . . it's happened before in late March (anyone recall the Great Blizzard of 1993?)

So far we've bounced between 50's and 40's for highs . . . except for a day or two last week where the high did not get out of the 30's. Today I've been off and it's in the 40's and raining off and on.

Bleh.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Irv, I expect some sightings postings from you.
                    Well, other than the parking lot, where Dodge Caravans, rusty Chevy Luminas, and farm trucks battle for supremacy, and the usual mullet-hunting, wifebeaters, and other fashion choices that scream out "Damn right I failed!" inside the store, there's nothing to report. Sorry.

I did notice the eggs were just about wiped out, as evidenced by the nearly-empty cooler and the clerk furiously re-stocking them. I guess everybody will spend the day making omelets tomorrow.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Well, this wasn't expected... (Monday morning)

http://imgur.com/84z8Z

Comment

• I seem to remember a blizzard in April during my college years (late 80s) in central NJ. I think I was driving back to school after spring break...what fun! And people wonder why I hightailed it to Florida...
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          And of course it has to come on the one day this week I'm scheduled to work.

*grumble mutter mutter*

Actually, and I fully expect to be hunted down for this, I was kinda hoping for some snow. Why, you ask? Because my company's DC is trying to purge out all the winter stuff like snow shovels, sleds, and what not, and it all seems to be coming to my store, and getting stuffed in backstock on top of the huge quantities of that stuff we had to begin with.

I will need to go out to do a little shopping later. I'll see if the apocalypse shoppers are out.
                          I have been hoping for snow also. with all of this mild and warm weather and a brown Dec. and Jan. (up until now) business has kinda sucked.

hey as a pizza delivery driver the snowier it is the more business we get. Most of the time snow tips are decent.

yeah yeah yeah I will be bitchin at some point in time.......
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• I tip nice, but I'm a bit too far away.

Comment

I tip nice, but I'm a bit too far away.
                              Same here. But then, I've told him that a lot in the 3 years I've been back in WI.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• So fucking cold here! Brrrrrrr!
                                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                                X