Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bhskittykatt, drive safe!! I thought you guys might be getting the worst of this if you are as far north as i think you are.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
      Alrighty, who sent the snow to the PNW?!?!? They are predicting anywhere from a dusting to 14 inches by Wednesday before it goes to rain. Who can i send this snow to?
      I would say to me, we need a lot of snow to seriously replenish the water table after the last few years.

But, (of course) It looks like I'm supposed to get hit with the same storm you are Elspeth. I'm looking forward to having more snow in the mountains, and maybe the roads will be bad enough I can justify calling out a couple days

Where's the popcorn? I want to be ready for when Vancouver/Lower Mainland gets hit with the snow and everything grinds to a halt.

Comment

• Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
        Most of New Jersey is actually quite beautiful...
        Believe it or not, I know this, as I actually was trapped in lived in New Jersey for five years. The Jersey Shore is awesome, despite that awful television show's attempt to destroy its reputation, and much of New Jersey is quite beautiful.

That does not, however, change any of what I said, as THAT part of New Jersey still exists, and you know it.

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
        You could just stop at "cold".
        Yes, I could have. But what fun would THAT have been?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

• It's 15F outside and feels like 3F. I'm not going outside any time soon. Brrrrr. And snow is predicted tomorrow. A whole inch.
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• We got a whole half inch of snow over night. Our next chance for "measurable" snow will be Friday. Then there's a system coming on Monday, which the meteorologist said "I have it as rain right now, but at six days out, we're not sure...whether Minnesota gets pounded or Iowa gets pounded is unclear, and it may just fall apart by then"...Please, whoever is controlling this stuff, let it fall apart! ETA: It is rather refreshing for the meteorologist to straight up admit he doesn't know quite what is going to happen though. Also, Wisconsin/Michigan, I apologize for the snow that you're getting that just came through here. Really.
            Last edited by BrenDAnn; 01-17-2012, 06:18 PM.
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• I'm in WI and it's only going to be 2 inches, tops. I don't consider it a big deal unless it's 6 or more in one storm.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
                bhskittykatt, drive safe!! I thought you guys might be getting the worst of this if you are as far north as i think you are.
                Looking at the radar screens, it actually looks like Seattle got more than we did!

This morning we had about six inches. According to weather.com, "Accumulation past 24-hrs = 1.5 in (est)". I looked outside, looked at weather.com, and laughed my ass off. I still couldn't get up the hill to my second route, though, so Hubs and I walked it...2 hour hiking up and down hills in the snow, yeah, so much fun!

My friend who lives up near the mountain, though, got 2 1/2 feet! And she's on her way into town to go to work. I do not envy her.

I think some of this will melt today. The sun is out! Though it's going to drop below freezing tonight, and I have to drive Hubby way out into north county. (Last night, it didn't get below freezing, so it was just kinda slushy.)
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• Stay safe tonight. They are saying the snow will start about midnight. But I think the north isn't getting to much more. Looks like my neck of the woods will be getting hit more
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Well the cold is finally going to hit. Supposed to be below zero tonight, and Thursday night with windchills in the -20 range.

Fun.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Very entertaining reading this all, as I'm sitting here after work, drinking tasteless beer and very high quality rum, in a bar with all the doors and windows open, in shorts and a short sleeve shirt, and at this time, a couple hours after sunset, weather.com reports that the current temp here is 72F.

Yes, I suck. Tell me something I am unaware of.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Useless without pics, you say?

This one is from last year, since it's too dark right now for good photos, but it shows what Finns can expect to deal with.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Quoth Chromatix View Post
                          Useless without pics, you say?

This one is from last year, since it's too dark right now for good photos, but it shows what Finns can expect to deal with.
                          Chromatix, THAT is why I live on a tropical island!

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                            Chromatix, THAT is why I live on a tropical island!
                            And I live in a desert
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Jester, I really do not like you right now or for that matter you either Fireheart.

Just kidding
                              Forecast for tonight ( yes it changed) a windchill warning bringing it to -40 to -50 deg Celsius.

Yes that is a minus sign and Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same at -40
                              Last edited by chikenlady; 01-18-2012, 02:14 AM. Reason: metric system

Comment

• I am retiring somewhere on the equator damn it!

Comment

Working...
                                X