Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same here Eisa. And now they are talking about some snow next week. There is a problem with working from home, I don't get snow days now :P
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I tip nice, but I'm a bit too far away.
      Quoth Becks View Post
      Same here. But then, I've told him that a lot in the 3 years I've been back in WI.
      but then again this time around I am on VACATION this week.

crap we only got like 3 inches here. just barely enough for the snow thrower.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• It's been nice and chilly here in Baltimore. 40's most of the past few weeks. Though one day it got into the 60's. That was the perfect weather for me. It was so pleasant. Cause the bedroom gets so insanely hot with the heat on in the house (never again will I rent a room in a house) the windows's open. 70 degree heat with a window open to 40 degrees outside equals a happy dragon. ^_^
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          crap we only got like 3 inches here. just barely enough for the snow thrower.
          Not sure how much we got here because it blew and swirled. I'm afraid to look at the end of the driveway, but I have to. I start work in 58 minutes.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• It's gotten pretty fucking cold here, but so far just dustings of snow. Eastern Iowa got three to six inches of snow last night though. Oh! Meteorologist said the best chance for snow would be Friday and Saturday. He said several inches. Yay. I really hope I'm not working those days.
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• I'm going to just say, I survived our little mini storm.

Enough already.

So sick of hauling an extra pair of shoes along with me, having to shovel the snow that blows all over what I already cleaned up, and I need new windshield wipers.

I want that 50 degree weather back from last Tuesday. Fuck you, Mother Nature. You do this to me on my birthday and you'll be sorry.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• For those of you that annually tell me to go fuck myself as I gloat about living on a tropical island, you'll be happy to know that the last couple of weeks have had some cold spells here, with the temps dropping down into the low sixties/high fifties, which, while it won't sound cold to you, is actually rather chilly, especially when the wind comes in off the Atlantic...and it's been REALLY windy lately. Two Tuesdays ago was especially cold (coldest night of the winter so far), and made my New Year's Resolution to ride my bicycle to work rather than drive my truck rather entertaining. Not so much on the ride in in the morning, but on the ride home at night....Whoa, Nelly, that was less than fun. (While I gave myself credit for not taking a cab home, I still froze my bippies off.)

And the cold spell continues....this whole weekend, when I've been out and about, I've had a heavy sweatshirt on, which is basically our version of winter gear. Okay, a sweatshirt and shorts, but my legs never get cold--other people are wearing long pants down here.

So, yeah, this is my time to NOT gloat. Enjoy it. It won't last very long.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

• I think I am going to go into hibernation for the next few days.
                  We are getting a cold snap. This is the next few days (I put it in Fahrenheit)

Hi / low
                  Mon -9 / -22
                  Tues -15 / -26
                  Wed -15 / -33
                  Thur -9 / -33
                  Fri -9/ -20 Yay it is going to warm up

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                    For those of you that annually tell me to go fuck myself as I gloat about living on a tropical island, you'll be happy to know that the last couple of weeks have had some cold spells here, with the temps dropping down into the low sixties/high fifties, which, while it won't sound cold to you, is actually rather chilly, especially when the wind comes in off the Atlantic...and it's been REALLY windy lately. Two Tuesdays ago was especially cold (coldest night of the winter so far), and made my New Year's Resolution to ride my bicycle to work rather than drive my truck rather entertaining. Not so much on the ride in in the morning, but on the ride home at night....Whoa, Nelly, that was less than fun. (While I gave myself credit for not taking a cab home, I still froze my bippies off.)

And the cold spell continues....this whole weekend, when I've been out and about, I've had a heavy sweatshirt on, which is basically our version of winter gear. Okay, a sweatshirt and shorts, but my legs never get cold--other people are wearing long pants down here.

So, yeah, this is my time to NOT gloat. Enjoy it. It won't last very long.

Oh, I am enjoying it. It would be nice if it was actually in the twenties like it is here, though, and that's on a warm day.
                    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• Not even remotely likely, Eisa, short of something cataclysmic, as the coldest recorded temperature EVER in Key West was 41F.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

• I am furious.

Supposedly, a "strong" clipper system (versus the "weaker" ones we've had lately) from Canada is going to be responsible for a quite large dumping. On my birthday.

You Canadians keep your bullshit snow to yourselves. Please.

Comment

• Jester, you might as well give up...I live where it goes below freezing (though only a couple of times a year), and I get just as much flak.
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                            Not even remotely likely, Eisa, short of something cataclysmic, as the coldest recorded temperature EVER in Key West was 41F.
                            Well, come visit then. It's been regularly dipping below zero.
                            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• Quoth blas View Post
                              I am furious.

Supposedly, a "strong" clipper system (versus the "weaker" ones we've had lately) from Canada is going to be responsible for a quite large dumping. On my birthday.

You Canadians keep your bullshit snow to yourselves. Please.

I'm sorry

Comment

• You better be! *shakes fist*

I know, it's not your fault. No worries, I hold no grudges against you personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X