This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
    OK, not much of a gamer here - only game I'm currently playing is Minecraft and that's sporadic - but hubby mentioned the game today and he pronounced it "Scrim". Is it "Scrim" or "Sky-Rim"? Perfectionists want to know
    Sky-rim

Scrim is slang in FPS gaming circles.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

A new interesting new experience last night: Fighting two frost dragons at once. I was doing fairly well for a bit there, then one landed behind me and bit my head off. I plan to try again while better rested and keeping to terrain where they can't sneak up on me.

Superior Dwarven Bow; +80% dmg from skill; 35% chance to crit; and +25% bow dmg from nifty Elven helmet I found.

I'm also wierding out my friends who were watching me play. I keep giggling when I sneak attack bandits with the bow, and hit them in the bum, or else give them the Steve Martin arrow-through-the-head look. :rofl:
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post

I'm also wierding out my friends who were watching me play. I keep giggling when I sneak attack bandits with the bow, and hit them in the bum, or else give them the Steve Martin arrow-through-the-head look. :rofl:
        I LOVE doing that! I also like harrassing them. At some pirates in a cave, I used a bow and killed one. Well, that meant they all ran to him, so I shot and killed another. Then they started running to my position, but it took them so long, they stopped looking for me. So, I'd wait until the last one was almost in place and shoot again, giggling madly. Rinse, lather, repeat.

The speech for when they stopped looking was hilarious. "Maybe just the wind." Right....the wind gave your friend an appendectomy by way of arrow....
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
          The speech for when they stopped looking was hilarious. "Maybe just the wind." Right....the wind gave your friend an appendectomy by way of arrow....
          Maybe they were....quivering in fear.

Also, my husband has informed me last night that we have played too much Skyrim....
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
            Maybe they were....quivering in fear.
            Maybe they feel they're being strung along.

Quoth Seraph View Post
            Also, my husband has informed me last night that we have played too much Skyrim....
            I understand the individual words but that sentence makes no sense.

Comment

I've logged 70 hours of play since release date, doesn't feel like enough yet!

Just started a new Bosmer character, Valena (named after Valenwood) Razorwind (named after, well, arrowheads are kinda leaf shaped aren't they ) Lawful sneaky/archery type, with a few personal rules. No woodcutting, No potion making other than poisons, eat only meat meals to restore health, fur hunting/crafting/selling to increase smithing and make money, make or scavenge arrows (only permissable use of woodcutting), buying whatever materials that can't be gathered from blacksmiths (rather than mine myself), long periods away from cities, no magic and using the animal command wherever possible.

Comment

A couple of times, you get attacked by people who can see you. I wish I could could talk to them before hand:

"Look, I'm going to level with you, okay. Put the Iron Sword down. Let's talk. Did you stop to wonder why I'm in black and red? No? It's because I'm the top guy in the Dark Brotherhood. Oh, and a Nightengale of the Thieves Guild. Plus, I can throw you halfway across the room....WITH MY VOICE! Really! See this non-magical bow? This is to weed people like you out. If I think you might be a challenge, then I'll grab the STAFF FROM THE DAEDRIC LORD OF INSANITY and laugh when I turn your associates into mudcrabs and butterflies. Didn't I mention that? I've spoken to two daedric lords so far and I know where to find more. See the ghost standing behind me? He was a legendary assassin. He was a gift from the form the former leader of the Brotherhood. That's right. I killed so well, they gave me a pet assassin. Then I killed the one who gave it to me. See the other guy standing behind me? The one with the axe? He's a Companion. He's following me because I'm his Harbinger. And I didn't get there by being nice.

So let's ask ourselves, shall we? Just how important is it for you to attack me? Because if you think your cause is worth dying for, go ahead and reach for that sword again.

I dare you."

"Oh, and you. Trying to sneak up behind me? Don't make me sic my horse on you."

Comment

@Nurian's whole post: So epic.

Also: I'm jealous. My comp (a pos) just BSoD yesterday.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Chickens are apparantley sacred in Skyrim, so much so that no matter how often you've killed dragons, or saved the world, killing a village chicken is an instant death warrant on your head.

Although, funny encounter was a thief tried to rob me on the road, I ended up with an option of "Dude, don't you recognise me?" to which the thief went "Oh yeah you're in the guild" and went on his merry way

Another time, one of the guards said "You're not fooling us, we know you're in the thieves guild!" Oh yeah? what gave it away? maybe the fact that I'm wearing ubiquitous Thieves guild armour you dimwit, of course I'm not trying to bloody hide it.

It's funny after you become a werewolf, people comment that you smell like wet dog.

Another thing I love is that guards will comment on your choice of weapons or armour, and people will comment if you've got a disease.

One of the greatest moments was when a guard went "Psst, I know who you are, Hail Sithis" I'm like "Damn straight, I'd high five you brother if i could."

ONe minor annoyance though is theres no real way of nonlethal combat, as the ai will get back up and come back at you even when you've beaten them to the ground, plus theres just the times where knocking someone out instantly is preferable to killing them.

Funniest bounty i got though was fighting a dragon outside of town, firing arrows up in the air, all of sudden, i get a bounty, turns out one arrow missed and pegged a guard square in the head, killing him.
                    Last edited by RayvenQ; 11-22-2011, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                      @Nurian's whole post: So epic.
                      Thanks! I should have added "She's more badass than I am." after mentioning the horse

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                      Also: I'm jealous. My comp (a pos) just BSoD yesterday.
                      Oh....that sucks major ass!!

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                        Chickens are apparantley sacred in Skyrim, so much so that no matter how often you've killed dragons, or saved the world, killing a village chicken is an instant death warrant on your head.
                        I think that comes from Elder Scroll's on going feud with Fable. I killed a chicken and got jumped but a patrol of Imperials.

Comment

I should probably get around to joining the thieve's guild so I can sell all this shit I've stolen. What can I say? This game turns me into a klepto.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'm very sad but so proud. Shadowmere, my horse, died. But she died fighting the whole of the Markoth City Guard. When I found her, she had 5 dead guards around her and I managed to salvage a full quiver of various arrows from her corpse. None of the guards went near her, though. They were too afraid....

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                              I should probably get around to joining the thieve's guild so I can sell all this shit I've stolen. What can I say? This game turns me into a klepto.
                              Same here, if it isn't nailed down i'll take it, if it is? i'll take the nails too.

Comment

So, of course, I went and joined the thieves guild. Then I ran them out of money before I remembered to sell the stolen shit.

ETA: I wandered into Elgrim's Elixers to use his alchemy table, and some lady started up talking to me about alchemy while I was doing it. I didn't get any subtitles, and it wasn't anyone in the shop, anybody know what's going on?
                                Last edited by ArcticChicken; 11-22-2011, 03:20 AM.
                                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                                X