X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Loose?

Yeah, its not so much fun when they learn the Voice too. -.-
    Whatever you do, don't attack the Greybeards, especially the leader, as you'll be non stop frozen all the time.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
      Whatever you do, don't attack the Greybeards, especially the leader, as you'll be non stop frozen all the time.
      I don't have habit of randomly attacking people in game. >.>

Comment

I do. I've died so many times, I'm thinking of renaming my character "Mario."
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
          I do. I've died so many times, I'm thinking of renaming my character "Mario."
          So do I (in Morrowind anyway). although that may be due to me using a laptop.

Also it's funny....I tend to use my boyfriend's machine as an indicator of whether a game will work on mine. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I know for a fact that Skyrim won't work on either of my computers. Why?

It keeps crashing on his
          Last edited by fireheart; 11-24-2011, 11:15 AM.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Being listener of the Dark Brotherhood, all my attacks on people are precalculated, premeditated ad then (ahem, pardon the pun) excecuted with flawless efficiency.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
              Being listener of the Dark Brotherhood, all my attacks on people are precalculated, premeditated ad then (ahem, pardon the pun) excecuted with flawless efficiency.
              All I can say is the Shadow Stone has saved my Khajit butt more than once.

Comment

Three dragons jumped me last night when I went to a den to show off for my nephew-in-law. Expected one, saw the second and said "oh oh...", and then the third, who was INVISIBLE, grabbed my horse and dropped it from about 300 feet.

Fighting invisible dragons SUCKS. I didn't even know those were in the game! :<
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  Three dragons jumped me last night when I went to a den to show off for my nephew-in-law. Expected one, saw the second and said "oh oh...", and then the third, who was INVISIBLE, grabbed my horse and dropped it from about 300 feet.

Fighting invisible dragons SUCKS. I didn't even know those were in the game! :<
                  Three dragons?? Shit, I have a hard enough time with one!
                  DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
                  Nicholas Angel: Like who?
                  DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
                  Nicholas Angel: Who else?
                  DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure I burnt through something like twenty health potions. It was BRUTAL.

Comment

• Quoth Seraph View Post
                      Yeah I'm pretty sure I burnt through something like twenty health potions. It was BRUTAL.
                      What level would you suggest would be the best in fighting dragons? I'm at either level 9 or 10 currently.
                      DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
                      Nicholas Angel: Like who?
                      DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
                      Nicholas Angel: Who else?
                      DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

• I have no idea. Right now I just hit 40, but I mostly have spent 90% of the game powerleveling alchemy, enchanting, and smithing. :X

I think our first really decent match with a dragon was around 14 or 15. But, again, mostly been working on professions. We only JUST met up with Delphine. <.<

Comment

• It's not about level, it's about technique. Once you get Dragonrend, it gets easier.

Comment

• Quoth Seraph View Post
                            I have no idea. Right now I just hit 40, but I mostly have spent 90% of the game powerleveling alchemy, enchanting, and smithing. :X

I think our first really decent match with a dragon was around 14 or 15. But, again, mostly been working on professions. We only JUST met up with Delphine. <.<
                            Yep, thats why dragon fights are hard for you.

Anyone got any off the wall ideas for characters? I fancy something different.

Comment

• Frankly, the crafting skills ruin the game. First by making you level up much faster than you really should be then second by making you completely overpowered if you know how to exploit the right items but otherwise leaving you too weak. So one extreme or the other. Regions of the game have level range caps but they still all spawn increasingly more powerful or well equipped foes based on your level just like Oblivion did. So skipping ahead 5 levels by pl'n up Smithing for a bit actually makes the game harder on you and you suddenly have to rely on gear over combat skills to survive.

Thus the problem you're running into is that the type of dragons that randomly appear is tied to your level and once you break 30, the big guns start to come out and they will wreck you if you don't have enough combat skills up and perked out. Initially you just get Dragons, which are laughable. After 20 you'll start seeing Blood Dragons. After 30, you'll hit Frost and Ancients, which will destroy an unprepared character especially if you're lacking armour perks. Both in the sheer damage they can deal and that they all of a sudden use different tactics than previous dragons. They don't just land and sit there like idiots, they'll land and chase you around on foot. They also have both short and long range breath weapons so kiting won't help you.

I ran into a similar situation with my first char because I'd been saving up my perk points and only assigning them when I absolutely had too. So when I hit 30 and the first Ancient appeared, it landed and destroyed me in 3 seconds with one breath attack. I even inadvertently captured the moment right before my brutal demise. >.>

Comment

• IMO the crafting isn't bad, well, until you try to power level it, then again, it'd be the same in any game where you power level a non combat skill.

I'd say leave blacksmithing relatively low until you're a much higher level since, no matter what you make, its all the same XP and higher levels take more xp to increase your level.

New character with a bit more back story:

Born of an Argonian Clan that thinks that argonians are descendants of Dragons (and thus, my character is named Tuz-Do-Fin-Vul, Blade of the Dark, born under the sign of the Thief and thus a Shadowscale. ) Who also believe that Precious Gems are solidified sap of Ancient Hist Trees, and who was sent to Skyrim to investigate after his clan elders had visions of dragons returning after communing with their main Hist Tree.
                                Last edited by RayvenQ; 11-25-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X