Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who has tried to scalp themselves while making the bed? (other odd house injuries)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I set a dish towel on fire...

while taking the kettle off the gas stove....

thought the heat was from the burner still on next to me...

no...apperently it caught the cotton dishrag on fire and singed some arm hair.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

lets the latest injury would be branding myself with the oven door. Didn't open it enough. Most of my scars are from me being stupid and or a klutz. People tell me "please don't come back with a new injury or scar" if we go camping.

I come from a long line of klutzs. We are durable at least
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Oh, don't even get me started on camping injuries.....
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          Oh, don't even get me started on camping injuries.....
          I have a scar in the shape of a waffle divot.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
            I have a scar in the shape of a waffle divot.
            Ok, so you're going to get me started, huh? Ok....

Tent stake through the foot (stepped on it)
            Gash under my hair from a branch whipping back and hitting me
            Burn spots from the campfire. Repeatedly
            7 inch "WTF did you do to your LEG???" scar on my shin from finding an open storm drain
            Don't ever trust me with a mallet. Just, don't.
            Hatchets, either
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              And I'm sitting here with a pinched nerve in my shoulder from getting out of bed today. >.<
              wow that's pretty bad

I've cut myself numerous times, electrocuted myself on a light socket, broke my toe once by kicking a shoe.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

The other day I managed to set my electric glass top stove on fire.
                Last summer when I was making jalepeno pear chutney I managed to make the palm of my hand look like I had some horrible flesh eating disease - apparently I'm allergic to the powder in the latex gloves I was using and had spent an hour cutting up jalepenos and pears and grinding the powder into my hand.

Most of my injuries occur outside the house - my house is well "auntiem - proofed" since my SO is a safety trainer. (tip - safety glasses work well if you are cutting onions).

Comment

While I am a clutz, and have hurt myself in very inventive ways in my own home..the most 'doh' moment stands out. We have a floor grate for our central air. It is in the middle of the house. Silly me was in a hurry, barefoot, and come running into the house. BOOM fell flat on my face. Had to end up being taken to the hospital, where I lost the toenail on my right foot (not the big toe..that was later due to an infection, but the one right next to the big toe). Ripped it almost clean off, they didn't have to do much to get the rest of it removed. Luckily it was numb the whole time, never did hurt.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

So the other day, I'm draining some pasta, and realized I left the sink stopper in. So I forget the fact that I just poured scalding water from the stove in there, and reach in to grab the stopper...

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                    Couple of weeks ago I reached for a switch at the back of the microwave... the microwave door was ajar, my arm was over the top of it & my boob managed to knock the door shut & latched trapping some of my skin in there... which meant that opening the door again was problematical as the skin acted as a wedge to keep it shut!
                    Not a household incident, but once whilst spelunking, my BFF climbed through a too-tight hole. When she tried to back out, her boobies basically pushed back, and she was thoroughly wedged in there. Cue me pulling on one leg, another friend pulling on the other, while BFF cries "My boobies!! Owwww!" Yeah, those things can really get in the way at times.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I once asked a coworker how she got a case of road rash (a particularly bad case, might I add).

"I was riding my bike and eating a cheeseburger."

Then there was an acquaintance who had some heavy-duty scabs down her arm, and a couple on her face.

"I came home drunk and fell against the stove."

Comment

Not an in-home accident, but a taking-the-cat-to-the-vet accident. I may have told this one before.

Cat in cat basket. Me carrying her. New construction means we walk on a gravel-covered bit of road instead of on the footpath.

I start to slip.

I have no conscious memory of the next half-second or so, but my best friend tells me that I PUT the cat down, even while I'm measuring my length on the gravel. I didn't drop her, I PUT her cage down.

Gravel rash bad enough to bleed on my knees, the palms of my hands, and my CHIN.

We walked into the vet's office with one perfectly healthy cat (coming in for a checkup) and one human who desperately needed antibiotics and basic dressings!
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                          You know, I saw the title and I was so sure this was gonna be a Seraph thread. Rather relieved it's not, actually, she has enough comical accidents.
                          I'm surprised that Lupo isn't commenting.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Oddly enough, every incident I've had with a ceiling fan (other than the recent sheet incident) was not with my hands, but with my head. I'm 5'8". Let's just say I've been known to stand on tables in bars.

I will not comment on the number of times I've cut myself with a knife in the kitchen, as I would get carpal tunnels from all the typing I'd have to do.

My most recent kitchen incident: I was checking on some bacon I was roasting in the oven. And I reached into the oven and grabbed the tray to move it with my right hand, on which I was wearing an oven mitt, because I'm not an idiot. The tray got stuck, and I reached in with my left hand to help move it, on which I was not wearing an oven mitt, because I'm an idiot. My roommate heard my screams. In the other room. While he was wearing headphones. The good news: I had some burn cream from Key West Aloe, which was designed for alleviating sun burns, but I figured a burn was a burn, and I squeezed some into my hand and squished it around for about 9 days. I was right...a burn is just a burn. I ended up the next day with only one small blister on my pinky. The rest of my hand, while feeling slightly raw, was unscathed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Not once, but twice I have nearly ripped toenails off by stubbing my feet on someone else's shoes. First time it was my nephew's shoes. Most recently it was my dad's shoes. One that I was witness to was my former manager slicing her shirt, pants, AND leg with a box cutter at work. Needless to say, we really didn't allow her to use sharp objects much after that. I have an aunt that was washing the glass turntable of a microwave in a sink, broke the turntable, and sliced one of her fingers badly enough that to this day she has nerve damage in it. The weirdest scar I have is from a dog I used to have accidentally clawing me. To this day, I have a scar on my upper inner left arm from that. Speaking of things falling on people's heads, I was recently sitting here, relaxing, when most of the ceiling tiles on my ceiling fell down all over my room. Thankfully, I was quick enough to get away from them actually falling ON me, but good god what a scare that was!
                              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Let's see

got my hand run over while ice skating (still have the scar)
                                tried to get my ankle sliced off while riding double on a bike (still have the scar)
                                fell down on some jagged concerte and sliced my knee open (still have the scar)
                                tried to hop a barbed wire fence and cut open my leg about 4 inches (still have the scar)
                                rouneded the dresser and smashed my middle toe causing a nice sprial fracture
                                playing Frisbee in an empty parking lot and stepped on another foot and twisted the crap outta my knee (I can tell when it is going to rain )
                                fell down some stairs and split my forehead open
                                accidents with knives to numerious to list them all
                                fell down a cliff face on some loose rock and tried to slice my little finger off (still have the scar)
                                got a nice long road rash on my arm as I fell off my bike when the seat came loose

at work a couple of years ago I slipped down a customers steps after it had rained. nice road rash most of the way from my hip to my knee
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X