Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Christmas Card Exchange! Tallies are closed! Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    yay, third year for me
    the only concern I have is that I may be moving soon... that shouldn't be something that can't be somewhat easily worked around (if nothing else, I submit a change of address form and the people at the Murray post office hate me)
    Is there anyone nearby who could receive them for you? (Guess that would depend on how far you might be moving..) I used my parents' address last year cuz I knew I'd be moving in November. I didn't seem to have much problem with having mail forwarded, in general, though.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

How many cards is one obliged to send, anyway? I am willing to send a couple out, but if I have to send approx. 15-20 cards to the US my budget may be limited about that.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

We've had as many as 60 at one point scattered mostly in the US, a few over seas.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Sign me up!
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
            Sign me up!
            Follow the link on the first page of the thread and you can be signed up in a jiffy.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
              How many cards is one obliged to send, anyway? I am willing to send a couple out, but if I have to send approx. 15-20 cards to the US my budget may be limited about that.
              In the years I've participated, there have been between 45 and 65 or so people (mostly in the US, a handful in Canada and UK, and a few in other countries). Since we started so late this year and there's less time than normal to sign up, we may have fewer, but I can't guarantee anything. I can tell that right now we're up to about 20.

Comment

I'm in!

Can't wait to get going! The last two years have been great. I actually look forward to getting something in the mail other than a bill.

B
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Doesn't that make it easier to see the poop to clean it up?
                  Not really it just causes a lot of up chuck that doesn't always come out of the carpet.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
                    That's why there's an opt-out period. But in my experience the vast majority of the cards go to the us.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      I wonder if those strapped for funds in other countries could maybe hook up with someone else from the same general area and double-send cards.

It wouldn't be as much fun as two cards arriving separately, but it would be a lot more fun than just one card, right?

^-.-^
                      I'm gonna have to say no...too much potential for confusion in that.

Comment

Third year for me, or is this the fourth?
                        Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Note to newbs: You might want to have a drop cloth when you open EricKei's.... just sayin'.
                        Humph. I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about...But whatever it may be, it has nothing whatsoever to do with #9 on this list. At all.

** quietly scooches half-ton canister of glitter out of his webcam's line of sight **

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        Can I request no glitter bombs please, I have a dog that likes licking up glitter.
                        I shall do my best to rememberer. I dun wanna hurt the woofies ^_^
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm in! Got my cards ready and everything! Thanks, BE!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Third year for me, or is this the fourth?
                            I still have all the old lists; you were on it in 2009 so this would be four. (Me too!)

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              I still have all the old lists; you were on it in 2009 so this would be four. (Me too!)
                              So how many years do those lists go back?
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                                So how many years do those lists go back?
                                OK, perhaps I should have been more clear. I have all the old lists since I've been doing it, which is 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X