Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Christmas Card Exchange! Tallies are closed! Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    On January 27, 2013, US postal rates will increase
    I did not know that; I'll have to make sure I get some extra forever stamps when I do my cards. But no one in this exchange will be sending cards after January 27th....

Right?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Is there anyone nearby who could receive them for you? (Guess that would depend on how far you might be moving..) I used my parents' address last year cuz I knew I'd be moving in November. I didn't seem to have much problem with having mail forwarded, in general, though.
      that word "depend" is the problem... with the job market for recent grads on this side of the Zion Curtain (unless of course you graduated from one of the "real" schools, UofU or BYU) I am applying everywhere I can think of, and I don't mean that as companies, so I don't know if I will have to move and if I do, where it will be to. I am determined to make it work though
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Oooh! Oooh! Count me in, I bought my cards at the beginning of this year when they were 75% off so wheeeeeee! I think I'm going to have to buy more, but still. Smart ralerin is smart. (now if I can only find where I put them )
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm so in! I actually bought cards a couple months ago and have been hoarding them in anticipation.

I might do some small holiday-related art prints to stick in there too if I have the time. Hmmmm.

Comment

Sadly, for the first time in years, I will not be able to participate.

My finances just don't allow it this year.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Aw man I'm so in. I dunno if I can afford all the cards + postage, so that means some home made cards from a girl who is artistically challenged in order to send them all out.

It's the thought that counts, right?
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                always, no ones complained yet
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Ambrosia, it'll be my third year this year. I've made my cards every year so far, and this year will be no different. Already started making them. If I remember correctly smileyeagle makes his and I think HappyFunBall and Elspeth also made their own last year as well. I always like getting homemade cards, it means everyone is different, which is cool. If you have any questions about the making of, feel free to pm me and I hope I do get a homemade one from you.

Comment

I'm now signed up, and looking forward to participating again this year. As long as the budget allows, I don't plan on opting out. If all goes as planned, my cards should be out earlier than ususal this year, since I'm off work for medical issues right now, and not expecting to be back until mid-November, at the earliest.
                    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      I am determined to make it work though
                      Well, good luck...I hope it does soon!

Quoth Ree View Post
                      Sadly, for the first time in years, I will not be able to participate.

Aw man I'm so in. I dunno if I can afford all the cards + postage, so that means some home made cards from a girl who is artistically challenged in order to send them all out.

Construction paper and fun stickers from the craft store. (I made my cards a couple years ago, and I am, as you say, artistically challenged. My brother hogged all the art genes in the family. I have a pad of colored paper that, folded in half, fits perfectly in a small letter envelope...that, some foam snowman stickers, and a pair of pinking shears made for some cute cards.)

Quoth TawnyMyst View Post
                      If I remember correctly smileyeagle makes his
                      Yeah...if you manage to get all your cards to open right-side-up you'll be ahead of the game there... (Just kiddin', smiley!)

PS, up to 32 - 29 USians, 3 Canadalandians
                      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-15-2012, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Kabe and I have signed up again! I'm looking forward to it ^^
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                          Kabe and I have signed up again! I'm looking forward to it ^^

Cool! 2 for the price of 1!

Comment

l took a funny picture of my uncle from the 70's and had a friend make them into cards.. I had someone on Deviantart make me up the one I'm sending this year (I was going to draw it myself, but I like the look of this one better)
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

I just bought 45 cards for cheap at work. And they're cute cards. I'm more worried about postage.
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I find the handmade cards to be the cutest ones.

Not that the store-bought ones are anything to bah humbug about. There's always a great variety.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X