This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help if you would

I have a job interview in Vegas on Monday, and seriously, anything, any prayers, any well wishes, any happy thoughts, hell, any burnt offerings that you think might help I would greatly appreciate. I need this job out of state, I need to finally get a lucky break.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

sending many good thoughts and everything is crossed.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Keeping everything crossed for you too, smiley.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Aw, I had one in two weeks for two positions there. Just shot it down cause it's too far.

Good luck!
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

My thoughts are with you, Smiley! Fly swift and soar! :-D

Comment

Keeping good thoughts going your way!

Comment

My thoughts are with you. Best of luck, fingers crossed.

Comment

I've got everything crossed that can be for you. Go knock 'em dead, Smiley.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Fingers, toes, and anything crossable has been crossed. Wishing you the best.
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

If leaves count as 'burnt offerings' you can soon have just about any job you want; I'll dedicate them all to you.

Best of luck.

Comment

Good luck!! Stay positive!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Good luck. I know that area is doing a bit better than northern Nevada where I am.

Comment

Quoth kpzra View Post
                          Good luck. I know that area is doing a bit better than northern Nevada where I am.
                          I would kill to be able to live in Northern Nevada again.
                          And Vegas is doing a hell of a lot better for entry level than Salt Lake right now. At least as far as accounting is going... Utah likes to brag about our 6% unemployment... what they don't say in that is that is because computer programming, software development, and medical research are all at negative unemployment (we have to recruit from out of state for a lot of those positions) and are skewing the numbers making it look like we are better off than we are... I'd peg the unemployment rate for entry level accounting and finance easily in the double digits.

eta- on that note, do you know of anywhere in Northern Nevada hiring for entry level accounting work?

Comment

I think there are some on https://nvos.state.nv.us/seeker/index.asp if you search under accounting (not sure how to link the direct job). I'm an hour outside Reno/Carson City though so I'm not up on what's available there.

Comment

Thank you kpzra... that site has come in handy... apparently I am qualified to be a recruiter... hey, I aint going to complain, it would get me back in Nevada if I get it, and even the part of the state I prefer.
                              As far as the interview, for those who want an update. I think it went very well. I would appreciate if y'alls could still send prayers, happy thoughts, or virgin sacrifices (is that a bit much?) that they'll choose me now, that would be great

Comment

Working...
                              X